PDA

View Full Version : I think I totally made my husband's day yesterday.

Gypsygirl
October 18th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Yes, this is a hair story. Get ready for a laugh. ;)

I had a hair appointment yesterday- and when I got there I found out that my hairdresser who is also a close friend of mine had just had to quick go and get her little girl off of the school bus because the poor thing was sick. She had her there at the shop with her...and she had called me but I had left my phone at home so I hadn't gotten the message. No big deal... I was going to leave but then my friend thought her little one was doing ok- so she could go ahead and touch up my roots (I get highlights) since I always leave with it wet, anyway. I was feeling so bad for little H., though, so I said, hey, I just sit here for 45 minutes with the color on- why don't you just put on the color and I'll wash it off at home? (Can you see where this is going??)

So...that's what we decided to do. Now you need to know what I look like with hair color on: the bleaching goop is just on my roots...and the foils stick out all over the place... :D My hairdresser said, my mom does this all the time- I just tell her, whatever you do, don't get in an accident on your way home. I said, oh, I'll be ok- if I come to a stoplight, I'll just look straight ahead...not at the person in the car next to mine! :D
So, they let me keep the towel around my shoulders and gave me another one to cover the headrest in the car...and I set off. By then about ten minutes or so had passed since the color was applied. It takes me about 30 minutes to get home from there. So, I should have just enough time. Right?

I got a few blocks from the salon...and my car "dinged" that I was running out of gas! Oh, crap! :confused: I figured that I could make it home and then my husband would probably go get some gas for me...but then I realized that even though I might make it home, he might not then have enough gas to get back to the gas station. (There's no gas stations nearby to our home.) So...I figured I was going to have to stop, but I would just pay at the pump and hopefully avoid being seen as much as possible. (A lot of people know me here for more than one reason.) So... I went to the closest gas station, thinking I would just try to pick a pump without very many people around...and I pulled in and...the place was FULL...completely full...and there were four cars already waiting for a spot. I swear...I have NEVER seen it like that before. I honestly don't know if they were having a sale or what?! lol
So anyway...at that point I was starting to be more worried about time and that bleach stuff frying my hair than I was about what I might look like- and that is saying something. ;) I decided to go on to the next gas station, but that meant I had to go the long way- and it was just after work for many people so the roads were relatively busy, to say the least. I made it to the gas station and picked the pump closest to the road...and farthest from the building. It was windy and my dry part of my hair was blowing all over the place while the gooped up part was starting to dry and congeal to my skin... :confused: I paid at the pump and thank goodness the receipt printed out... because if it doesn't you have to go INSIDE to make sure that you paid. :o

I got home (five minutes overdue for washing the goop out) and went rushing into the house, passing my husband in a whirr and yelling, I have to get right into the shower- I'll explain when I get out!!! Fastforward a couple of minutes... Whew! All washed now and it looked fine... Then...after telling my husband the whole entire story and watching him get a giant kick out of it...I did the dumbest thing of all. Remember I couldn't find my phone? I figured I must have set it on the bathroom counter while getting ready to go but it wasn't there. So... my husband called me on his phone so we could hear it ringing and find it- and it was on the bathroom floor beside the toilet. (No idea how it got there in the morning.) I picked it up and looked at it to see the message from my hairdresser... and I see my husband's name there on "missed calls" as well. I said....drumroll...oh, you called me too- what did you call me about? My husband grinned and tenderly said, yeah...just now, remember?
Oh, man... :o He then gave me a big hug and patted me...but I swear it felt like he was convulsing a little bit.

I think I need a vacation...or intervention for scatterbrains anonymous. lol

The end. :o

heidi w.
October 18th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Sounds like a bumper sticker could arise from this story.

heidi w.

spidermom
October 18th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Haha; that was funny; thanks for sharing.

einna
October 18th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Haha, good hair story :D

Hamh
October 18th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Very funny bless ya, makes me feel a bit better about the daft stuff I say/do!!

I once walked around town for half the day with marmite on my face courtesy of 2 year old daughter. At home looked in the mirror "what's that brown mark?.....oh!"

MonaLisa
October 18th, 2011, 09:59 AM
You're really smthing...in a good way! awsum way! :) *hugs*

Delila
October 18th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Scatterbrains Anonymous? Sign me up!!

MaryRose
October 18th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Me too!!:P

MychelleC
October 18th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Funny story. :) I can just picture you at the gas station, pumping gas. Wish I would have seen it!

Asche
October 18th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Ha! The phone thing happens to me all the time lol I constantly lose it and have my husband call it and every time I ask what he wanted when he called. It never fails! One time I answered it when I found it and said, "Oh hey, honey, what's u-......oh yea.... *click*" I could hear him laughing at me from the living room. XD Thanks for posting the story!

BrightEyes
October 18th, 2011, 10:30 AM
LOL! I get highlights too and always think how embarrassing (but funny in the later telling of the story) it would be if I had to go out in public with all those foils still on my head.

Thank you for sharing:)

WaitingSoLong
October 18th, 2011, 10:30 AM
LOL! What a good story!

lesbia
October 18th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Ahahahahah so funny! :D Thank you for share :)

ArienEllariel
October 18th, 2011, 01:37 PM
That was such an entertaining story. Thanks for the laugh! :)

Macaroni
October 18th, 2011, 01:40 PM
A++, that's a stone cold riot!

honeyblonde
October 18th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Cute story! It made me smile! :)

sipnsun
October 18th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Haha, too funny! Reminds me of the time I foiled my best friend's hair at my house and she had to ride home on the back of her boyfriend's Harley! They had somewhere to go that night so she said it could process on the way home and that would give her plenty of time to get ready. We wrapped a big scarf around her head and she said she just looked straight ahead all the way home. She wouldn't make eye contact with anyone either! LOL! The crazy things we do for our hair... :-)

jujube
October 18th, 2011, 02:09 PM
I can just imagine you driving around with the towel over your head. I confess that sometimes, when I'm doing a DT in winter, I just wrap my hair, wear a huge hat and go out to buy stuff or walk the dog. I always get a kick out of being there incognito with conditioner in my hair.

AlabasterAlice
October 18th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Scatterbrains Anonymous? Sign me up!!
I think I'm a member, but I've misplaced my card. :P

Funny story! I've pulled stuff like that before, thinking I could go and get some stuff done while my hair processed. I always end up getting into the shower five or ten minutes later then I should have. Poor hair. :doh:

Slinks
October 18th, 2011, 02:26 PM
lol :-) very funny .. I wonder what people think when they see it out on the streets - it'd be different to seeing someone walking around the shopping mall with foils - yep ! I see this lady every time she gets her foils retouched going about her business with her foils in - doesn't faze us anymore, the newbies get to whisper BUT she is so over it, totally just does her thing .. lol ..

hendrickx
October 18th, 2011, 02:41 PM
I would have smiled, but I totally understand. Never had my hair colored, but I have seen it done, and have never understood why you need to sit there and let them rinse it out at the end.

hendrickx
October 18th, 2011, 02:42 PM
I mean, rinsing it out is important, but why not do it yourself after xx minutes?

embee
October 18th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Love your story! That's just the kind of thing that would happen to me. :)

jojo
October 18th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Now you are in luck chair lady of the scatter brains society signing in and im offering you a free life time membership!!!!LOL!!! :D ha ha that made me chuckle!!!!!

Gypsygirl
October 19th, 2011, 12:07 AM
Sounds like a bumper sticker could arise from this story.

LOL!!! :)

Very funny bless ya, makes me feel a bit better about the daft stuff I say/do!!
I once walked around town for half the day with marmite on my face courtesy of 2 year old daughter. At home looked in the mirror "what's that brown mark?.....oh!"

Oh my... :D

You're really smthing...in a good way! awsum way! :) *hugs*

;)

Ha! The phone thing happens to me all the time lol I constantly lose it and have my husband call it and every time I ask what he wanted when he called. It never fails! One time I answered it when I found it and said, "Oh hey, honey, what's u-......oh yea.... *click*" I could hear him laughing at me from the living room. XD Thanks for posting the story!

So glad I'm not the only one! :)

Now you are in luck chair lady of the scatter brains society signing in and im offering you a free life time membership!!!!LOL!!! :D

Hmmm... Perhaps we should start a social group on here... ;)

Sundial
October 19th, 2011, 12:44 AM
LOL! You just made my day too with that funny story :thumbsup:

kamikaze hair
October 19th, 2011, 04:11 AM
thats so funny!! god, the things we do for our hair.... :D

Lostsoule77
October 22nd, 2011, 12:43 PM
That is too funny! Thank you for the laughs. :) I'm just glad that your hair is ok.

ange1ito
October 22nd, 2011, 01:02 PM
Thanks for sharing ;) I almost thought you were going to wash it out in the gas station bathroom, lol.

supercupcakexx
October 22nd, 2011, 02:32 PM
Haha, that's too funny. Too bad you didn't have a hat/scarf/a cute shower cap with you for your ride home to make it at least a little bit more bearable! :p

KwaveT
October 22nd, 2011, 09:44 PM
This story is incredibly funny and entertaining. We all can get a little scatterbrained at times.

Milo
October 23rd, 2011, 08:32 AM
At least your phone fell next to the toilet, not IN it!