PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know how to tie/wrap a head-scarf for long hair?

gretchen_hair
October 18th, 2011, 07:54 AM
My hair is getting rather long, it's past TB and becoming hard to contain. Does anyone have instructions for tying/wrapping hair in a scarf with long hair? ( I want to cover it at night )

I looked on youtube and can't find anyone with long hair who are wrapping it in a scarf.

I also looked at Tznius.com they have several styles with instructions, but it didn't look like the lady had long hair.

Thanks! :flower:

ETA: I had in mind that one could contain and cover long hair with a scarf without having an updo/bunning it. I think I may be incorrect.

Cainwen
October 18th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Unless you have super super thick hair, this style of tying would probably work for you (They do it on a manaquin head, but I can attest that you can hold a lot of hair in it--or hair + other things if your hair is short)

http://www.coveryourhair.com/HowToTieTiechels.html

I find this style to be very comfortable as well. I'd loosely coil my hair (like starting a cinnabun) but not pin it to get it all inside the pocket that's made by the scarf without tangling.

gretchen_hair
October 18th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Thanks Cainwen, I guess I need to get a scarf that's big enough as well! :D

Cainwen
October 18th, 2011, 09:44 AM
The tichels (scarves) on their website are fairly inexpensive, very very soft and easy to tie, but if you want to be even more inexpensive, go by a yard of thin fabric at a fabric store, cut it to a square (since fabric is sold in 45 or 60 inch widths) and hem the edges. Instant scarf in the perfect size. Just make sure it is a fairly thin fabric, or the knots become difficult to tie/untie

Heavenly Locks
October 18th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Do you think you might like a prettywrap?

http://www.prettywrap.com/information.php?info_id=4

I have one and it is comfortable :)

CurlyMopTop
October 18th, 2011, 10:03 AM
The prettywraps are all out of stock! :( I just checked out their website. The wraps must have been pretty popular to be sold out! I've been in the market for silk scarves.

MychelleC
October 18th, 2011, 10:28 AM
I do a low bun at the nape of my neck, and wrap the loose ends of the scarf around the bun and tuck the ends in. I have a hard time wrapping my hair if it is not bunned. Thanks for the links; I would liek to learn some new wrapping techniques!

Modarunner
October 19th, 2011, 01:15 AM
You can also try www.headcovers.com, they have silk scarves at good prices and give you scarf tying instructions with your purchase. They have lots of different prints too.