PDA

View Full Version : Layers

paper
July 5th, 2008, 06:24 AM
I'm growing out layers left over from a short hair cut. I hate them. :mad:

bunnii
July 5th, 2008, 06:28 AM
I like my layers they add more movement to my hair i'm growing the layers out at the back and keeping the ones towards the front

crystal_89
July 5th, 2008, 06:44 AM
I've always had layers but had more obvious layers added to my waist length hair after trying to grow out the previous layers for 18 months. They always look good when they're new... then they get annoying. Mine still look good so I still like them (most of the time).

vindo
July 5th, 2008, 06:47 AM
I hate them simply because when layers grow out and you do not trim them they become very tapered layers and in the end all it does is make your hair look thinner and noone will notice that you even have layers hidden in there..:rolleyes:

Mine are mostly grown out to Waist....seems to take forever.

Sarahmoon
July 5th, 2008, 06:49 AM
I don't have any, never had any and since I saw a girl with my hair texture who had them (only made her hair look thinner and just as straight ofcourse) I'll most probably never get them.

janaana
July 5th, 2008, 06:52 AM
I usually have my hair tied up and already have a lot of problems with sorter hairs sticking out all over the place, so I didn't see any point in deliberately cutting layers in.

I do like seeing other people's thick long hair worn down in layered styles though, especially wavy or curly hair.

Periwinkle
July 5th, 2008, 07:14 AM
I have layers and I hate them.

Firstly, I have face-framing layers, which have grown out to between just above my shoulders and just above APL (when they were cut in, they were ear to just below jaw length). They're always falling out of things and flicking up strangely.

Secondly, I have a layer 1-2" above the ends of my hair that is an absolute nightmare. There is a huge amount of hair cut off there, so my ends are very thin, but because my hair is wavy, it just looks like I have a taper beyond all belief (which looks even worse given that my hair isn't so long). It also means that whenever I put my hair up, I have to pin the ends flat because if the longest bits are long enough for an updo, the shorter bits stick out, and if the shorter bits fit in, the longest bits stick out :/ I can't win!

I also have a few totally random bits of layers throughout my hair that just get in the way.

thankyousir74
July 5th, 2008, 08:11 AM
i have layers from growing out from a really short cut. so obnoxious because the longer hairs are at "can i call this shoulder length?" and the shorter ones are at "just past chin length". and i don't want to even them out yet cos grr i'm so excited about having practically shoulder length hair >_<

starfire
July 6th, 2008, 08:59 AM
I voted I like my layers, but that's not entirely true. I cut them myself and they are uneven so I don't actually like them the way they are... but I do like having layers =)

orangeeyecrayon
July 6th, 2008, 09:09 AM
layers for me are a nesecity cuase if i dont have them i get triangle head.

but they are a mixed blessing cuase if i didnt have them i am sure my hair would be so much thicker and could get a lot longer

SweetPea88
July 6th, 2008, 09:19 AM
I hate mine...Emichiee pretty much summed it up!

My hair is at waist but my shortest layers are still hovering around BSL or about, so it makes my ends look very thin and like my hair tapers a lot!

I'm doing monthly trims and it's really helping, they are starting to look a touch better now. I think when I get rid of another 3 inches or so at the bottom it won't be as bad...just takes time!

harley mama
July 6th, 2008, 09:22 AM
I don't have layers but, my hair is pretty tapered at the ends now.

feralnature
July 6th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Hate mine. I am growing out a layered cut and can't wait til my hair is long enough to finally have them cut out (next year or so).

My pic was taken in January and I will get a July pic up soon as my hair has grown a good bit, and perhaps I can ask yall about my layers :)

RavennaNight
July 6th, 2008, 10:03 PM
I like my face framing layers. I hate layers throughout the hair, though. I haven't any now. They are really annoying to style and take care of. Once you have em, you gotta blowdry em to look presentable and cut them often to keep them un-shaggy. I don't hate them on other people, though. They just arent for me.

jenna
July 6th, 2008, 10:39 PM
i voted for: i don't have any layers.

i think the last time i did was back in high school.

Riot Crrl
July 6th, 2008, 10:59 PM
I like them, they are the only thing keeping my hair as curly as it is, which I like. They can tend to make updos sort of annoying though.

tiny_teesha
July 7th, 2008, 01:11 AM
i think layers for long hair only works on iii hair. My hair is ii with severe taper and damage. Even before when i had healthy hair the layers ruined it something feirce!
I would never get layers in my hair for hte look again, i would to get rid of damage from the canopy without loosing length.

Duchess of Erat
July 7th, 2008, 01:18 AM
I thought I didn't care one way or the other about my layers, but trying to explain that here, made me realize that I do like them. They were great when my hair was shorter because they would bring out the fact that my hair has some bendiness (for lack of a better word) to it, so I'd have wavy looking hair that I could wear down. As I almost always have my hair up now, they are pretty pointless most of the time, but if I wear my hair down with the sides clipped back, I do get the wavyness from bsl down, which I like.

lilalong
July 7th, 2008, 05:47 AM
I like my layers, although I wish they were a bit longer.

noelgirl
July 7th, 2008, 05:56 AM
I like mine, because my hair tends to look triangle-headed and bushy if it's all one length. It falls into actual waves and even a few ringlets when I have layers.

vidgrl007
July 7th, 2008, 06:27 AM
although I dont have many layeres anymore,I hate the ones i have

Radulfr
July 7th, 2008, 08:29 AM
I don't like the layered look. Never have. It's all-for-one length for me.

nappywomyn
July 7th, 2008, 11:16 AM
I have natural layers - started from bald and never got a cut, so my hair is just - growing it's own way. Most annoying, but I think it just might be it's length that makes them more annoying. Once my shortest layers get to a little below shoulder, I think I'll be ever so much happier.

wintersun99
July 7th, 2008, 12:55 PM
I'm also growing out layers from a very short cut and don't like them. However, I do like face framing layers once my hair returns to APL

Haith
July 7th, 2008, 01:08 PM
I've only ever cut my own hair, and I have a few layers that I had done myself years ago when my hair was about shoulder length. I don't even realize they're there because they're so long. I like them, but I don't know if I would cut them into my hair once I reach my goal.

Islandgrrl
July 7th, 2008, 01:37 PM
I like my layers right now. Might not keep them forever, but right now, they're okay.

amberdakota
July 7th, 2008, 03:14 PM
I love my layers....they give my hair more volume, and make it look more wavy.

Elanor
July 11th, 2008, 12:26 AM
I love my layers too, they make my hair look thicker and more lively. Last time my hairdresser just cut a bit too much and now I'd like to get rid of the shortest layers.

Starr
July 11th, 2008, 12:56 AM
I have a few face framing layers that I cut myself. . . I love them.

The layers I got in a salon a couple years ago were just so so.

Mandie
July 14th, 2008, 03:09 AM
I went through a huge Shalimar from Mutant X feathering phase... but after my pixie I didn't let a single layer appear in my hair and I'm more than happy with that. They frustrate me terribly, they're always too short to do anything lol!

Katze
July 14th, 2008, 03:16 AM
I really don't like my layers. I don't like the fact that the finest hair, at my crown, is shorter and so never gets trimmed (except S and D) so harbors major damage. I don't like the 2-3 inches of see-though ends that persist despite cutting and cutting.

In my sig pic, upper left corner, you can see the 'trendy shag cut' I had in 2004. I am still growing out those heavy layers, four years later!

Samikha
July 14th, 2008, 04:17 AM
I used to be really annoyed about my layers, too - then I had a new haircut. I got bangs and cut off enough (say, three inches?) to even the layers on the length out a bit, and now they stay in updos and bring out the wave. I don't really have that smooth, super-shiny hair that seems to suit all one length, so I'll probably always have some layers.

lady_hero
July 14th, 2008, 02:24 PM
I don't like them. They poke out funny in braids, buns, etc.

sexyjacksparrow
July 15th, 2008, 06:56 AM
I don't like mine because it's a pain when I want to tie my hair back. I don't object to layers per se, but they always get cut too short.

Kerry xx

mugglemomof3
July 15th, 2008, 09:14 AM
I love layers in the last few inches of my hair, but hate face-framing layers. Uggg.

Monsterkitti
July 15th, 2008, 09:33 AM
I love my face framing layers, i intend to keep those as the rest grows. Annoying when its all pulled back though as they escape from every up do as they are about chin length at the moment.

Rest of the layers I have are annoying as they make buns look untidy as they stick out.

Country Cowcurl
July 16th, 2008, 04:24 AM
the hairdresser put in layers when i first cut my hair really short.....i don't care much for them, but they seem to have caught up to the bulk of my hair!! it seems like they're only in the last 3 inches. i can't wait to cut them off & thicken up my ends!

goldenwaves
July 16th, 2008, 04:31 AM
I like my layers, except that when they grow out a bit they show up as breakage sticking out everywhere (I think). They're also not good or plaits or braids, but they do make my hair go curlier/wavier which I love!!!!

Lena43
May 1st, 2009, 02:39 AM
I like my layers. I need them, because the top layer would weigh down my curls if I didnt have them. Theyre a bit annoying when braiding etc but still, I like them.

zombi
May 1st, 2009, 10:50 AM
I'm okay with having layers. Presently the lady cut my top layers WAY too short (thanks for not listening to me at all, stylist) but once it grows out more, I'll be happy.

It seems like sometimes layers make my hair look more "full".

Lohari
May 1st, 2009, 11:13 AM
I have layers and I hate them. My hair would look much thicker without them, they somehow don't even stay in my braids (unless I do a tight frenchbraid) and it seems to take forever for them to grow longer ; (

windinherhair
May 1st, 2009, 11:27 AM
I thought I would try layers for a change but I dont like them. It makes my hair feeling more thin at the bottom. If I had short hair, then maybe I would like my layers better.

Naava
May 1st, 2009, 01:23 PM
I do like to have layered hair, but I don't like my current layers, because there are too many of them and the diffence in lenght is too big.

Furiana
May 1st, 2009, 05:32 PM
I love layers, especially when I do messy hairstyles. I *like* the ends sticking out! In fact, I'm kindof missing longer layers because of that...

smilinjenn71
May 1st, 2009, 05:50 PM
As you are well aware, PAPER, I have many-many layers yet to grow out. Right now they don't bother me too much b/c it gives my hair some shape as it's growing out.

I have a feeling I will always have layers of some sort, even when it's longer. Seems I need them to help lighten the weight of my hair, so it isn't flat to my head all the time!:p

AnneAdeline
May 1st, 2009, 07:24 PM
I don't necessarily HATE them, but they aren't my favorite. I had them cut in at APL abouts. They really just make my straight hair look thinner.

SheWolf
May 1st, 2009, 08:12 PM
I like my layers but only the long ones. I'm growing out the shorter ones.

gibsongirl71
May 1st, 2009, 09:26 PM
I have layers, some that I am growing out. I think I will always have some or I wind up with a triangle shaped head. Plus my waves look better with layers.

nayver
May 2nd, 2009, 04:34 AM
Well, I cannot live without my face framing layer. I don't like layers in all my hair, just in front.

Natalia
May 2nd, 2009, 04:44 AM
I like my layers they add more movement to my hair i'm growing the layers out at the back and keeping the ones towards the front

Im with you. I dont look good with a blunt front :( and i get to many splits and breakage to keep the ones in back.

mira-chan
May 2nd, 2009, 06:15 AM
No cut layers, just natural taper.

Snowball
May 2nd, 2009, 07:04 AM
I don't like my layers. My ends are so thin. I also have sort of natural front layers, that I like because they make me appear less severe ;).

viking_quest
May 2nd, 2009, 09:59 AM
I like my layers and I don't as well. I have some left-over layers from when my hair was short and they always fall out of updos and braids but once they're longer then I'll have a very nice U-shaped hemline, so I can tolerate them for now.

annie09
May 2nd, 2009, 03:29 PM
Yes they are a pain when growing out as up-do's can look sgraggy with bits poking out all over the place, some times it is disheartening when you look at the length of your shortest layer and it is barely past your shoulders, but layers can make it sit nicer when its down too but all in all i don't like mine.

Nanni
May 3rd, 2009, 04:35 AM
I don't like my layers. I try to grow them out, but it takes time. The natural layering in the front is impossible to grow out on me, because of my baby hairs which doesn't grow as fast or as long as the rest of the hair.

Addy
May 3rd, 2009, 07:00 PM
I hated my last set of layers. I had the same problem as zombi. :( The stylist cut them way too short! :mad:

I currently have no layers <after 2 years of growing out> and I love it that way!:D

joyellen
May 3rd, 2009, 07:36 PM
I don't like my layers. As soon as I reach waist I'm going to maintain there while I trim them out.

Saraesa
May 3rd, 2009, 08:20 PM
For me it depends. I love my layers when my hair is down and slightly wavy where the layers are. But I HATE them when I try do an updo or bun and the short pieces stick out or fall out esp when I don't realize that half my hair has fallen down so I look unkempt.

Heavenly Locks
May 4th, 2009, 05:22 AM
I like mine, they are all cut very long so I think they look nice. :)

drquartz1970
May 4th, 2009, 05:40 AM
I'm growing out my hair and have numerous layers. In time I am hoping for hair of one length. The ones furthest away from the back are a nuisance.

Upside Down
May 4th, 2009, 08:26 AM
I used to like my layers before, when my hair was curlier. Now, when it went down to wavy (I blame Yasmin pills!), I want to grow them out... they just make no sense on wavy hair, just make it look like I have less hair than I do.

Nightshade
May 4th, 2009, 08:34 AM
I like my layers, though I am growing some of them out as my hair gets longer. I'll always have a few long face-framing ones, though :)

enfys
May 4th, 2009, 08:59 AM
I thought a lot more didn't like layers. I know I don't...

JamieLeigh
May 4th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Thank God I don't have any layers!! I was growing out a fringe though, for the longest time, so I can sort of feel the pain. :(

melrose1985
May 5th, 2009, 02:40 PM
I like mine!

I think I will always have layers because my hair and be very thick. I'm not sure about my thickness now because I haven't been pass my current length in 3 years, but I like the way my hair moves with layers

nayver
May 5th, 2009, 11:49 PM
I like my layers, though I am growing some of them out as my hair gets longer. I'll always have a few long face-framing ones, though :)

I love long face-framing layers!

kirky
May 6th, 2009, 01:32 AM
No layers for me....thank goodness! I dislike layers a lot!!

Dorothea
May 6th, 2009, 06:43 AM
I'm growing out my hair from a pixie cut, so my short layers are very short. They're so annoying!

3azza
May 6th, 2009, 07:57 AM
you know i could not vote on this one because in one way i do love the layers, they add this life to my face, but on the other hand i cant wait to have 1 length because my hair looks fuller and my braid looks neater.

Atalaya05
May 6th, 2009, 09:36 AM
I liked my layers last time I had them, but I'm horrible at maintenance.

Pros: they make my hair swingy, and if cut right my hair seems wavier.

Cons: updos are harder, you have to trim them often or they look bad, and they can make my hair look very very thin. (Last time I had short layers it looked like I was losing my hair from the front - from the back it was fine, but I didn't really care for that look.)

I finally got rid of my layers from a year ago, but I may get some long layers put in again when I get to waist. I'm not really sure - if I make sure that I don't get super short layers or a stylist that doesn't go crazy, I think it'll be alright. On the other hand, maybe a v-hemline would be better...hmm...

clairenewcastle
October 2nd, 2009, 08:47 PM
I have always detested layers in my own hair yet on other people they can look amazing.
Layers remind me of the pixie cuts that were forced on me by my mother during my teenage years. Growing those layers out was hell but worth it.
Never again.

Anywhere
October 3rd, 2009, 08:26 AM
I hate my layers. they give my curlyish hair a diamond shape. :mad:

ravenreed
October 3rd, 2009, 09:09 AM
I love my layers except when I am wearing braids and the bottom third has all sticky out bits. Otherwise, since I still wear my hair down quite a bit, layers give it nice movement and volume and make my buns lighter. I think that if my hair was all one length, I would not be able to keep it this long and wear it up. I already have problems with the weight bugging me, and I still want to get a bit longer.

Vrushali
October 3rd, 2009, 09:29 AM
I like my layers...I have heavily layered hair and the shortest layers are almost chin level with the longest ones beings a little past bsl (thats really heavy layering!:p). I love the way they make my hair look since my hair is kinda wavy-curly. But they are a pain when it comes to braids and up-dos...they look very raggity with bits of hair poking out in all directions. I have had no layers before bsl hair and my hair would just sit there without any movement :rolleyes:. All said and done I love my layers!:)

Ryanne
October 3rd, 2009, 09:56 AM
I dislike them a tiny bit more than I like them. I'm growing my layers out.

Laylah
October 3rd, 2009, 01:33 PM
I don't have layers now, but when I did, I hated them and the growing out process was awful.

Merewen
October 3rd, 2009, 05:14 PM
I have layers right now, but I'm not messing with them - just doing straight self-trims for the moment. I really like my layers though and might get some small ones back in after a while.

LoversLullaby
October 3rd, 2009, 08:39 PM
I have pretty short layers now (my hairstylist actually did them without really asking first, which is also what she did when she thinned out my hair. :mad:). I really don't mind the short layers, but I like long layers better than short layers, and no layers at all.

I wish she didn't thin out my hair. I love my thick hair. DX But I suppose it's still pretty thick.

Cherry_Sprinkle
October 3rd, 2009, 08:51 PM
I have them, I hate them.

Aer
October 3rd, 2009, 09:10 PM
I voted I like my layers, because I do. My hair without layers gets way out of control, and grows up instead of down. I look like a stuffed lion thrown into a dryer for way to long. I keep my layers trimmed, every two months my husband (the only person that I trust to cut my hair, and is very good at it), lightly trims my layers to make them neat.

Centifolia
October 4th, 2009, 03:44 AM
I have, I hate and I'm growing them out. They make my hair looks thinier and are so badly cutted that doesn't help my curls.

prittykitty
October 4th, 2009, 04:05 AM
I like my layers. They give my hair a style while I grow it out and besides growing up in the 70's and early 80's still makes me wish that some of those styles would come back. I have always loved the Farrah Fawcett and Valerie Bertinelli hair styles and the heavy metal hairstyles of the 80's. Today's styles all seem to look the same and are starting to get boring. In the70's and 80's, even men grew their hair and looked good. Today most men want to shave their heads which is not even really a hairstyle. Maybe some day I might quit getting my hair layered, that is when my hair grows to a very long length, but for now, layers it is.

prittykitty
October 4th, 2009, 04:11 AM
I hate them simply because when layers grow out and you do not trim them they become very tapered layers and in the end all it does is make your hair look thinner and noone will notice that you even have layers hidden in there..:rolleyes:

Mine are mostly grown out to Waist....seems to take forever.
On some hair layers can look very thin on the ends, but with some hair types, layers are great to have. I have naturally curly hair and when I don't have layers, my hair looks bulky on the ends and in the middle and it sticks out everywhere and I can't control it. With layers I have much better control of my hair and it has a style while it grows out.

prittykitty
October 4th, 2009, 04:15 AM
Hate mine. I am growing out a layered cut and can't wait til my hair is long enough to finally have them cut out (next year or so).

My pic was taken in January and I will get a July pic up soon as my hair has grown a good bit, and perhaps I can ask yall about my layers :)
I think your layers look really nice!

EvaSimone
October 4th, 2009, 04:52 AM
I have a love hate relationship with layers. I like having a few around my face because they soften the look of really long hair.

But I hate how having them in my ii hair makes it look thinner. Oh and they stick out of updos.

colibri
October 4th, 2009, 09:16 AM
i have layers and i like them

1nuitblanche
October 4th, 2009, 10:19 AM
I need a few layers because my ends don't like to stick together so I still get triangle head even when my hair is long. That being said... I've got way more layers than I'd like (from apl to waist), so most of them you can't really see and my braids always look funny. I'm going to grow them out to just the last 4 or so inches of my hair I think.

Dreamernz
October 4th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Hate! Kill the layers! They can look cool though.....but only with the right cut......hmmmm

pilateschick7
October 4th, 2009, 04:31 PM
I absolutely loath my layers. I started Monsitat not for length but to hopefully be able rid myself of layers faster. I am able to do updo's but my braids have a 3 inch tail due to layering.:(

Mutinous
October 4th, 2009, 04:59 PM
I have layers, I don't mind them too much, as I am growing out my hair dye which means that the top of my head, which has fairly short layers, will grow out fast and be cut out. However, as soon as all the dye is gone, and I am left with healthy hair, I will grow them all out!

23_seconds
October 4th, 2009, 08:13 PM
||||||||||

prittykitty
October 5th, 2009, 12:02 AM
I absolutely loath my layers. I started Monsitat not for length but to hopefully be able rid myself of layers faster. I am able to do updo's but my braids have a 3 inch tail due to layering.:(
What is monsitat and what does it do for hair?

hmmruka
October 5th, 2009, 12:59 AM
When I get my hair the way I think I want it, I only want face framing layers but none in the back. I hate my layers right now.

Sairy
October 5th, 2009, 01:21 AM
I like my layers. The only down side is I can't really have my hair in a braid because there are locks of hair sticking out everywhere :p

meph
October 5th, 2009, 02:40 AM
I don't like them. They're annoying with updos and braids and I can't trim them myself so they don't look nice. I'm growing them out.

Wind
October 5th, 2009, 04:25 PM
I love my layers. I know I'm in the minority. :p I grew to TBL without, so I know both sides. Right now I'm past shoulder with a side fringe and light layering, with blunt ends. The only style I didn't care for was layers and a U/V hemline, I felt it appeared much thinner that way. Now, I'm growing out from chin, and went without a cut over the summer, and the layers started to be a hassle. Went in and got them shaped up last week, and it looks great now. Not a noticible length difference, she just nipped the ends, but it hangs so much better now. :) Oh also, my hair stylist doesn't use a razor to layer, but notched scissors, which I think makes a big difference!

pilateschick7
October 5th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Monistat cream might help hair growth. There is a monster thread devoted to it.

I don't know if it has helped my growth personally, I am horrible at measuring my own hair:)

Rain
October 5th, 2009, 05:10 PM
I love my layers. I have curly hair and without layers, I get the dreaded triangle puff. So what if they stick out of braids? It's too hard to detangle this stuff to braid it and my hair sticks out of braids no matter what anyway. My hair is currently too short to bun and I don't care. I've had years of buns. I'm bored with buns. I can do a twisty thing with a Ficcare and layers are fine with that. My hair may be technically thinner with layers but it's fluffy and doesn't look thin. I very much prefer the look of my hair with layers than without. I can't imagine ever intentionally growing them out.

emeraldfaery
October 6th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Before my big chop I had a few layers and at that length (tailbone) they didn't bother me much. Now I don't have any. When my hair gets a little longer I might get a few long layers, though nothing drastic. I like the look of layered waist length hair.

freckles
October 6th, 2009, 08:55 AM
I love my layers :) Nothing drastic so they don't interfere with updos much ... the back has long layers (maybe an inch of layering at the bottom) and I have face framing starting a little higher than shoulder at the front :)

jesamyn
October 6th, 2009, 09:21 AM
I like my layers, but they do make my braids look really wimpy. I really think I may grow them out some.

maegquare
October 6th, 2009, 09:49 AM
I don't have any layers now. When I wore it between SL and BSL, I liked keeping it layered because it is wavy and I never had to curl it and never wore it up. When I decided to let it get very long, layers stick out of my braid or updos too much, so I don't want them any more. Sometimes I am tempted to get some long layers, if I have a day when my hair just seems too heavy. But everyone I know with WL or longer hair who got layers seems to hate them and be trying to grow them out, so that stops me from giving in to temptation.

Nacaya
October 6th, 2009, 03:02 PM
I don't have any layers or at least not intentionally. It depends on how much my hair curls.

Lissa
October 6th, 2009, 03:10 PM
I have some layers that have been growing out for at least a year now. I usually like having layers, but I guess that is just because I wear my hair down a lot. It's a bit annoying at times when I put it up, as they easily pop out of braids and such

feb26
October 6th, 2009, 03:45 PM
I love my layers and my hair is actually EXACTLY like bunni's (sorry no hair pic yet!);gives my hair more volume and movement. would be pin straight without any movement without em: the layers actually bring out my slight natural wave on one side

Teakafrog
October 6th, 2009, 04:03 PM
I actually just got a trim today, and had her put in MORE layers. It's getting so heavy, it needed some movement. Especially with my curls, I gotta have layers.

Belisarius
October 7th, 2009, 02:07 AM
All my hair is the same length since i grew it from really short.
But I don't want to put in layers since I read all these scary stories from all those people how they hate them.

Celebrian
October 7th, 2009, 07:08 PM
LOVE my layers, and just had them redone at hairdressers (I'd been doing them myself for the last two years). I have BSL and kept missing out the middle part of the hair when I layered it - so this cut has really added some beautiful shape to my hair, without touching the length.

I couldn't be more pleased - and I think I look much better/prerttier, and even, younger now. Oh, she also cut more hair into my bangs, so that they have more 'depth' and weight. It sounds awful, but it really looks good. Before the bangs were thin and I was uncertain how to cut them for best effect. I was even thinking of growing them out. Not now! They look thick, healthy and strong.

Can you tell I'm pleased!!!?

Ravenmoon
October 7th, 2009, 07:45 PM
I'm growing my hair out, and I find the layers to be rather annoying...can't wait until I've grown out all my layers.

MirandaWelch
October 8th, 2009, 10:05 AM
I have long, loose layers and I love them. It helps keep my hair from weighing itself down. I love the body and thickness from fresh cut layers.

Eilean
October 8th, 2009, 01:46 PM
I like my layers since my hair is quite fine and the layers gives the hair a little more volume. However, the layers need a certain length to look nice.

pepperminttea
October 28th, 2009, 05:26 AM
I liked my layers when I had shorter, SL hair; made it feel light, nice movement to it all. But now, at longer length, their remnants just make styles more difficult; braids fray, twist-based buns fall out. I'm so looking forward to the day the last of them are lost in a trim.

Arashi
January 4th, 2010, 12:32 AM
I voted "I don't like my layers" but that's not necessarily true. I have face-framing layers that I like, but I also have some layers that I'm trying to grow out through my length that I hate. I do like length layers on other people, though, they just really don't suit my hair type.

VenusHalley
January 4th, 2010, 08:54 AM
I have some layers... and I kinda like them. It gives the hair more structure and I do like having hair in my face actually:D

florenonite
January 4th, 2010, 09:09 AM
I didn't vote because I both like and dislike my layers. I like the way they look when my hair's down, but I don't like how they stick out of updos. I like that they make my hair thinner for some updos, but I don't like that they make my braids thinner.

cuddledumplin
January 4th, 2010, 11:29 AM
I don't have layers. They tend to stick out and look weird on me.

ArienEllariel
January 4th, 2010, 12:02 PM
I'm in a love/hate relationship with my layers (which are really bangs growing out). They're now an inch and a half past my chin and if I put my hair in braids, they stick out or fall out, which drives me crazy! At the same time, when my hair is down, they are face framing and look nice. So some days I like it and some days I loath it.

marobader
January 4th, 2010, 12:50 PM
I hate them it make my hair loke horrable and I cant trim it :(

JenniferNoel
January 4th, 2010, 09:45 PM
I don't love them nor hate them, but they are, indeed, a nuisance in many ways. I have ten inch strands of hair in the front (which at one time were bangs) that tend to get in the way of everything, and then there are some tiny layers in the back that tend to do some fun things. :undecided

When my hair was pixie-ish, the layers were half the fun, but that was then!

peachrose
January 4th, 2010, 10:06 PM
I cut layers in the last 3 inches and for my hair it works really well. I have so much volume at the bottom that the layers make it lay nicer and make me feel more confident with my hair worn down.

otherarrow
January 5th, 2010, 03:51 AM
Nope. No layers. I had the last of my layers straightened out with a huge chop last summer (:() so the only thing shorter than my shoulders are my bangs. Maybe I should have some layers done. But I actually think my hair looks thicker without so... Well, then I have none to complain about at least :rolleyes:

Lianne
January 5th, 2010, 04:20 AM
I love my layers, but only because I only get them in the front, and they're subtle and not too short, so I don't have a problem with them sticking out of ponytails, etc. I despise layers in the back.