PDA

View Full Version : Trim, yes? Trim, no?

LisaMonster
October 17th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Hellooooo!

It has been quite awhile since I've posted! I've been rather benign neglecty with my hair since school has been insane this semester. Buns every day, washing like...never, lol.

So as far as I am concerned, I am finally at waist. I do have a few layers that aren't quite there, but I'm counting it, dammit.

I showed a friend, and she noted that the ends don't look too healthy. It's been probably about three-four months since I've trimmed, and do want to even out my hemline a bit. I'm basically answering my own questions here.

What do you think? Trim or no trim?

(Excuse the grossy greasy scalp in this photo)
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6110/6255509488_8eb98d6880_z.jpg

ElusiveMuse
October 17th, 2011, 09:33 PM
I remember you! Your hair has grown quite a bit! I'd say, yes to trimming. Your hair seems to grow fast and in my experience, cutting back my damage and layers was really gratifying and gave me what seemed like a growth spurt but I suspect was really just keeping the growth I had since my damage was not causing it to break off so much.

spidermom
October 17th, 2011, 09:47 PM
I'm in favor of a trim.

Cassie 123
October 17th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Looks like maybe 1 1/2" off if you want a more of a blunt hemline, or half that if you want a U-hemline?

Your ends don't look dry in the photo - maybe try clarifying and deep-conditioning before you trim so you don't underestimate the health of your ends. ^.^

MissManda
October 17th, 2011, 09:58 PM
I vote yes for a trim. :)

LisaMonster
October 17th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Meh, trimmed. Feels better. Thanks for the input. I took off about an inch and a half wet. I'll take a picture when it's dry probably. :)

Jenn of Pence
October 17th, 2011, 10:04 PM
I also vote for a trim of whatever size you think is right. :) A little now is better than too much later.

xoxophelia
October 17th, 2011, 10:49 PM
yay looking forward to update pics :)

jojo
October 18th, 2011, 06:40 AM
*taps finger impatiently on table* waiting for update!!!......................................... .................................................. .....................................:golf:....... ......................................:knitfrog:.. .................................................. .................................................. ..............:drama:............................. ................:whistle::lala::whistle::lala:.... ..........................

GRU
October 18th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Wow, LM, you've really gained some length! :cheese: