View Full Version : What type of 'do' looks best in pictures?

littlenvy
October 17th, 2011, 04:46 PM
:) HI!!

I have a little dilemma. :p
I won a second prize in a contest and collecting this prize involves having a picture taken with the 'big cheque'. :cheese:
Now, I usually wear my hair up but I find that up do's don't always show up nice on pictures. Especially for me since I have a big round face so I end up looking like all face and nothing else.
What should I do? Go straight and sleek? Go big and curly? Curly and up?
(mind you, I'm hopeless at braids)

What do you think looks best in pictures?? Any advice would be great. :)

My hair type currently is 1b F i/ii and mid back.

invisiblebabe
October 17th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Wear it down, and curls will give you some volume. You are right, if you wear it pulled tightly back, in pictures you will look bald :lol:

Congrats on the prize!

oscarthehamster
October 17th, 2011, 05:05 PM
down and curly !!! Congratz on your prize ! :)

Diamond.Eyes
October 17th, 2011, 05:09 PM
I also agree with down and curly! lol :D

littlenvy
October 17th, 2011, 05:19 PM
:) Thank you. And Thank you!
I thought down and curly too ... my DH has been pushing the long and sleek look. So I'm glad you guys got my back ;)

MaryRose
October 17th, 2011, 05:25 PM
If DH says long and sleek, he may have a point. Your DH knows what makes you look good, I would take his advice.

littlenvy
October 17th, 2011, 05:27 PM
If DH says long and sleek, he may have a point. Your DH knows what makes you look good, I would take his advice.

LOL! :) Great, now I'm back to my dilemma. I don't really like the sleek look on my because I don't have that much hair.

Slinks
October 17th, 2011, 05:36 PM
This ^^^^ .. maybe a half up ?? and the rest long and sleek ..
congrats on the prize !! :cheese:

Slinks
October 17th, 2011, 05:37 PM
LOL! :) Great, now I'm back to my dilemma. I don't really like the sleek look on my because I don't have that much hair.

k .. just read this maybe a half up with curls ?? lol

can you tell I like half ups .. ?? :-)

Quetiepi
October 17th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Congratulations on winning! I vote for wearing your hair down & curly.

MissManda
October 17th, 2011, 05:43 PM
I think a half-up with waves or curls would be very pretty. :)

blondie9912
October 17th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Down with loose curls would look lovely!

luxepiggy
October 17th, 2011, 06:32 PM
The problem with sleek & straight is it will stick too closely to your head and make your face look bigger. Also, in my experience, curls look really nice in person but are hard to photograph well without proper studio lighting.

I have a big face as well, and I look best in photos when I wear my hair straight, but with lots of added volume. You can create the look using jumbo-sized velcro rollers - if you don't know how, this is a good tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3mTiTG8Mvg.

littlenvy
October 17th, 2011, 08:45 PM
The problem with sleek & straight is it will stick too closely to your head and make your face look bigger. Also, in my experience, curls look really nice in person but are hard to photograph well without proper studio lighting.

I have a big face as well, and I look best in photos when I wear my hair straight, but with lots of added volume. You can create the look using jumbo-sized velcro rollers - if you don't know how, this is a good tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3mTiTG8Mvg.
Thank you Luxepiggy. :) It sounds like a great compromise. I will just have to tweak this a bit, velcro rollers always get stuck in my hair :( They make such a mess of it too. But I do have big sponge rollers I can use.

luxepiggy
October 17th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Thank you Luxepiggy. :) It sounds like a great compromise. I will just have to tweak this a bit, velcro rollers always get stuck in my hair :( They make such a mess of it too. But I do have big sponge rollers I can use.

Sponge rollers work, I've used those as well (^(oo)^)v

Vanilla
October 17th, 2011, 10:54 PM
k .. just read this maybe a half up with curls ?? lol

can you tell I like half ups .. ?? :-)

I love half up too. I vote for that.

Mesmerise
October 18th, 2011, 12:39 AM
To me it depends on what suits YOU. Personally I like may hair straight and sleek for pictures as I feel I look better that way (and my hair looks longer than if it's wavy or curly!!). I think a half up is also nice, but it's best when it's done in such a way that it doesn't make your hair look stuck to your head from the front (so it's sort of high), I think.

But yeah, it really depends on what suits you best and that depends on you :D.