PDA

View Full Version : Lightest conditioner for baby fine hair?

Kristamommyx3
October 17th, 2011, 12:30 PM
I tend to hate conditioners, because it makes my hair look flat and stringy. However, I would love to have one that just adds some moisture without the terrible hair day that usually comes along with the softness. Any suggestions for a really really light conditioner for baby fine hair? :D:)

Mairéad
October 17th, 2011, 12:35 PM
How do you feel about cone vs. no cone? Suave and Vo5 are light but have no cones. I can't think of a light coney but maybe someone else here has experience with light coneys.

spidermom
October 17th, 2011, 12:42 PM
You could lighten any conditioner up by diluting in warm water. Shake well.

unheardletters
October 17th, 2011, 01:03 PM
My sister, who has very fine hair, uses a small drop of conditioner in a large spray bottle full of water. Shake thoroughly and spray a couple sprays.

Kristamommyx3
October 17th, 2011, 01:42 PM
I don't really have a cone or no cone preference. But, I cannot tolerate sulphates, which I'm pretty sure are a shampoo ingredient only.

Kristamommyx3
October 17th, 2011, 01:48 PM
I only had a few drops left of my k pack deep protein treatment, and this morning I decided I needed some conditioning, bad hair day or not. So, out of desperation, I filled up the bottle and squeezed it on my hair very diluted, and my hair feels and looks pretty good today, surprisingly. So, I guess you and spider mom must be on to something there, thanks!

My sister, who has very fine hair, uses a small drop of conditioner in a large spray bottle full of water. Shake thoroughly and spray a couple sprays.

Roscata
October 17th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Speaking of sprays you can also use Kimberlily's defrizz spray (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=277). I've used MYHoneyChild Hair Organic Shea Butter Light Conditioner (http://www.curlmart.com/store/myhoneychild-hair-organic-shea-butter-light-conditioner.html) which is the lightest conditioner I've ever used and it is Glycerin Free, Organic, Paraben Free, Protein Free, Silicone Free and Sulfate Free. I hope that helps. :D

UP Lisa
October 17th, 2011, 02:59 PM
I really like the Kenra spray-on detangler for color-treated hair. It is fine for non color-treated hair. Very light, and does help with tangles. It is made for fine hair.

haibane
October 17th, 2011, 06:01 PM
I second the misting with just a tiny bit of conditioner advice.

Also, while not technically a conditioner, you might want to look into catnip soaks, as they have pretty much the same effect (makes hair softer, more moisturized and easier to detangle) without making it stringy.

Vanilla
October 17th, 2011, 08:53 PM
I like jason's lavender conditioner. It's really light and rinses out pretty clean.

LittleB
October 17th, 2011, 08:59 PM
[QUOTE=haibane;1826481]I second the misting with just a tiny bit of conditioner advice.

When you say misting with conditioner, do you mean making a leave-in conditioner with water and a bit of conditioner in a spray bottle? I'm dealing with the same problem and wondering how exactly to go about this. Thank you!

kidari
October 18th, 2011, 04:13 AM
I wash with shampoo and use no conditioner... afterwards I spray as little sprays as possible of diluted conditioner in a travel size mister bottle on the ends to detangle with a wide toothed comb (the lighter the conditioner the better and the more diluted the better, I like V05 kiwi lime squeeze, which is supposed to be a clarifying conditioner with no cones).

haibane
October 18th, 2011, 05:03 AM
I second the misting with just a tiny bit of conditioner advice.

When you say misting with conditioner, do you mean making a leave-in conditioner with water and a bit of conditioner in a spray bottle? I'm dealing with the same problem and wondering how exactly to go about this. Thank you!
Yes exactly like that. :) I fill a small spray bottle with water and add just a little bit of conditioner. For some who have hard water distilled water seems to work better.

When I know I'll wear my hair up I add a few drops of oil too for extra moisture, but the oil makes my hair too stringy to wear down.

Barniie
October 18th, 2011, 06:18 AM
I would use a leave-in. You can control the amount AND they often smell very nice. Also help to tame frizz :)