PDA

View Full Version : Hair Inspiration Pictures (myself actually xD)

Albiryo
October 17th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Hey everyone!

So I looked for a hair inspiration for a loooong time but couldn´t really find one...
There are lots of people with great hait but none was as flat, thin and non-volumnous as mine. :D

So I searched for some pictures of myself back when I had long hair and that´s what I found.

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j364/Albiryo/P1010489.jpg

Back then I found my hair super boring (I always wore it open).
So, what do you think??

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j364/Albiryo/P1000698.jpg

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j364/Albiryo/P1000646.jpg

Right now my hair looks terrible because of perms, heat styling etc (if you want I can add some pics later on)...

And that´s why I want that hair back.
I realized that I will just never have thick and curly hair.

And what do you say at LHC?
"Embrace your natural hair" or sth?

But what do you think.

Will I ever be able to achieve that kind of hair again?
I mean, I didn´t do anything for it back then, not even conditioning or anything.

But I was like 15 and I did so many horrible things to my hair that I fear it´ll never grow back like that!!

Any thoughts?

:D

Kayla Nyx
October 17th, 2011, 10:12 AM
I dont know if it's just me, but I cant see the pictures..? :confused:

Albiryo
October 17th, 2011, 10:13 AM
No, you´re right.

I tried to upload them with photobucket but it just won´t work!

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? :(

Albiryo
October 17th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Does the link work?

Gosh, what a stupid system- :D

Inching Along
October 17th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Albiryo, I think your hair looks very nice in the photos. My hair is thin, too, volume-wise. I am hoping to grow it out, anyway! I am new to this forum, but I am looking at all the wealth of information here and learning so much on how to treat my hair to grow it. I would love it to get thicker, and perhaps it will! It's thin because of some health issues I've had. Here's a progression picture from the last six months:

http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq341/houseofhoff/Inching_Along_LHC.jpg

spidermom
October 17th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Your natural hair was pretty. Nice and shiny.

Hair can change over time, so there's no guessing what your natural hair will look like as you grow it out. But natural is certainly easiest, so grow it and check it out.

MsBubbles
October 17th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Look through the albums here, under specific hair type - maybe 1a/f/i or 1a/f/ii. There are some members here with long hair by that type and they're plenty inspirational to me! You can perform a search function in the albums section to eliminate all the lucky thick-haired people :).

joflakes
October 17th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Your hair looks beautiful! That about sums it up, tbh.

Kristamommyx3
October 17th, 2011, 10:53 AM
I fit that hair type to a t. Yes, you can grow your hair out healthy long and shiny again. Just stop doing things to it that you know to be harsh on your hair, and try to baby it every chance you get. Remember that every month you get a little more new healthy hair, and if you don't damage it, eventually, it will all be undamaged hair. :)

Albiryo
October 17th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Thank you for you adivse etc. :)

But what exactly is a "t", Kristamommyx3 ? ^-^
And tbh...?

Sorry, I´m not fully used to the LHC vocabulary yet and English is not my native tongue. :P

silverjen
October 17th, 2011, 11:08 AM
"Fit to a t" is an idiom that means "matches exactly". You and Krista have the exact same hair type. I think tbh means To Be Honest, but I'm not positive.

And I'm positive that with gentle treatment you can get your old hair back! It is a gorgeous color, and so shiny.

Kristamommyx3
October 17th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Sorry for the confusion. :p. Yes, we have the same hair type. Your English is way better than my German, unfortunately, which it shouldn't be, since I am German on both sides of my family and one of my grandparents on each side spoke German fluently. :(

heidi w.
October 17th, 2011, 12:02 PM
You will never again have the hair you had at 15. Hair changes as we grow older. In terms of volume, even color at a certain point.

To get healthy hair requires a bit of a time commitment and a kind of plan, to a certain degree. Such as I promise myself I won't perm or cut it. Cut hair doesn't grow long. Plain fact of the matter.

I once had someone ask me, some Beauty Queen of the state some years back, "How did you get such long hair?"

Response: "I didn't cut it."

Try to find a long hair twin on LHC and see what they do for their hair routine, and see if you have good benefits by following the same or similar routine. Remember to change one thing at a time because if something doesn't work, then you know what it is exactly that isn't working. Change too much at once, and something goes awry, it can be very hard to identify the exact culprit.

Beware of too fancy of hair care routines. It really is a simple matter of washing and conditioning for cleanliness, and combing, not brushing to detangle. Maybe some use of leave-in oils..... It's not a whole lot of fancy do-dad stuff. Not really. But if your hair is in repair mode, it can take some time to get where you want to be.

You may need to consider a little trim, or something too.

heidi w.

Albiryo
October 18th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Sorry for the confusion. :p. Yes, we have the same hair type. Your English is way better than my German, unfortunately, which it shouldn't be, since I am German on both sides of my family and one of my grandparents on each side spoke German fluently. :(

Ah, I see. Now I get it. :D
Your hair looks wavier than mine but the rest could be quite similar....

You are American, arenīt you? With German origins, how nice.
Do you know from which part of the country they are from?

And donīt be depressed about your German.
It is acutually the most difficult European language and if you canīt practise with native speakers at a regular time...

Well, thatīs why my English is getting worse. :eyebrows:

Anyways. Thank you!

-----------------------------
And Iīll definetly do everything (deep treetments, cone free shampoo, CWC, oiling etc) to achieve the hair I had back then!

Iīll let you have the pics. In like 3 years or sth! :cheese:

Chetanlaiho
October 18th, 2011, 10:53 AM
And donīt be depressed about your German.
It is acutually the most difficult European language and if you canīt practise with native speakers at a regular time...
It is? Never heard that before, for me it's actually easier since my native language is Dutch xD (which apparently also really hard to learn for non-natives).

Albiryo
October 19th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Well, I heard that from Canadians when I tought German over there, and from Mexican exchange students and now from my Japanese friends who learnt English, some also French/Italian etc and then German.

They all said German is the most difficult one. Mostly because EVERY verb is irregular, 2 conjunctive forms, several more times than English, 3 articels you have to learn by heart for every subject and so on...

Dunno about Dutch. Lots of people learn Dutch around here because we are very close to the border (like 2 hours to Groningen).
My sister says she can learn it a lot easier than English and it´s probably because the two languages are so close...
But I heard the pronouncation is almost impossible to learn...

Gosh, I didn´t mean to write a whole novel.
But I find it a very interesting topic.... :D

Sarahmoon
October 19th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Albiryo, your hair in those pictures looks very similar to my hair when it was that length. I see our hair types are very close and so is the colour. So of course I think it looks amazing :D

Oh, and Dutch pronunciation isn't half as impossible as German grammar :p

CarpeDM
October 19th, 2011, 09:01 AM
You could be my hair twin. My hair looks exactly like yours from the front. Did you see this thread? http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=69631
You might find some inspiration there...

Gypsygirl
October 19th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Beautiful, super shiny and a nice color, too...wunderschoen! ;)