PDA

View Full Version : My BF does nothing with his hair and hates long hair but has long hair

Soulina
October 17th, 2011, 09:19 AM
http://i56.tinypic.com/11ipqon.jpg

Yes he doesnt like long hair, but keeps it long becous I love long hair and beard. In the pic it doesnt show but he has over 20cm long chin beard.

But he allways keeps his hair in a ponytail. He rarely uses even conditioner, (but he uses my moisturing shampoo:D) not even thinking about oils or deeptreatments. He also hates ppl touching his hair but some days he lets me to braid it, just becouse he knows how much I like it.

Do you think there is eny hope for me to get him love his hair? Something I can do or say?

And 3 years ago his hair was just at his shoulders.... so his hair grows fast. His hair is longer than mine, just a litle bit, so I suffer from hair envy when ever his hair is open. :pinktongue: And ofc his hair is much thinker than mine, not as shiny and soft tho.

StormVixen
October 17th, 2011, 09:22 AM
I have no advice to offer... but he does have lovely hair :)

joflakes
October 17th, 2011, 09:32 AM
I have no advice but I am jealous, it looks lovely.
My words of advice would always be that people should do whatever makes them happy!

spidermom
October 17th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Nice of him to keep it long for you, but really - he should do what he likes with his hair.

rock007junkie
October 17th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Awesome hair!

EvaSimone
October 17th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Nice of him to keep it long for you, but really - he should do what he likes with his hair.

This. If he doesn't like long hair then he doesn't like it. :shrug:

Soulina
October 17th, 2011, 09:40 AM
I have this feeling that he secretly enjoys having his long hair, couse he can make me do things for him, for example
He: Please coud you get me cup of coffee?
Me: Naah
He: You can make me braid if you do it
Me: Okay!:joy: *goes to make coffee*

He knows that long hair is one of my week spots.

Rhodugune
October 17th, 2011, 09:47 AM
His hair is really great, sweet of him to keep it long for you and I'm thinking that maybe he likes it more then he says. :)

Mythica
October 17th, 2011, 10:01 AM

Beat me to it. I would be delighted if I had an SO that kept his hair long. But if he hated it, I'd probably ask him if there was a longish style that he'd like better. Apl, SL, or even what I keep calling a "Jared cut."
( http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/index.php?title=File:Samhair4.jpg )

He has some seriously gorgeous hair, though. I can see why you love braiding it. :D

KwaveT
October 17th, 2011, 10:14 AM
I can see why you have hair envy of him. That is some seriously beautiful hair. I don't think that I would expect a partner to keep their hair long for just me. Hair is something you do for you. It is definitely a nice gesture that he keeps it long just for you. Low maintenance men are probably not going to put a whole lot effort in appearance of their hair. Unfortunately, that is probably a losing battle on your end.

duchesswannabe
October 17th, 2011, 11:05 AM
His hair is AWESOME. :disbelief

He probably finds his hair frustrating but doesn't want to part with it. :D

Soulina
October 17th, 2011, 11:18 AM
And to add my hair envy his hair newer ever gets tangeled not even a bit. I dont know why he even combs his hair, he doesnt need to.

He doesnt enymore say he wants to cut his hair, hes more like "I wont grow it enymore" and what does he do? Nothig! Like you can stop from your hair growing just by not wanting it to grow. :)

Tho he promised me to have long hair at our wedding, wich by this plan is in 2 or 3 years.:D

dementedkitten
October 17th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Yes, he should do what he wants with his hair .. but it is beautiful to say the least!

heidi w.
October 17th, 2011, 11:51 AM
It would seem he's keeping it long to please you, because you like it. I say continue to enjoy it as long as he's willing to please you.

That's sweet that he cares for you, overall.

heidi w.

heidi w.
October 17th, 2011, 11:53 AM
And to add my hair envy his hair newer ever gets tangeled not even a bit. I dont know why he even combs his hair, he doesnt need to.

He doesnt enymore say he wants to cut his hair, hes more like "I wont grow it enymore" and what does he do? Nothig! Like you can stop from your hair growing just by not wanting it to grow. :)

Tho he promised me to have long hair at our wedding, wich by this plan is in 2 or 3 years.:D

I say leave the subject alone and let him be. It's clearly not a high priority on his list of things to do.

But you are!

That's a good thing.

I find that men's hair in general is a trace coarser than women's hair, as a generalization. This could account for his not having problems with tangles. Lucky him. If he had my hair, he wouldn't be so blessed.

heidi w.

slz
October 17th, 2011, 01:20 PM
From your picture it looks like he's somehow balding on the top - so actually it's a good thing he's not attached to his hair really, it won't cause too much suffering this way.

Corylina
October 17th, 2011, 01:27 PM
I never use conditionner as well. Some people don't need it ;)

He has superb thick hair!

If he doesn't like his hair, why is he still growing out his? I know some boys trying to have long hair who would cry if know there is such a guy on Earth =P

Is he doing this just for you? What would he do if he had to do something about his hair just for himself? It is his hair, right?

Did you try to show him pics of long haired men? :D

Soulina
October 17th, 2011, 02:51 PM
From your picture it looks like he's somehow balding on the top - so actually it's a good thing he's not attached to his hair really, it won't cause too much suffering this way.

Actually he allways had that spot. Dont think he is getting bald enytime soon. :)

CaityBear
October 17th, 2011, 03:59 PM
wow...he does have amazing hair. Very gorgeous.

If my boyfriend didn't do anything with his hair is would be a super coarse, really curly rats nest. I have hooked him onto using conditioner all the time, combing it out, using a hair cream for curly hair and wearing it in a ponytail. Man, if he didn't it would be sooo bad. After work he'd probably come home with it full of dirt and dust and straw...wait...that already happens...o_O

AshNight1214
October 17th, 2011, 04:10 PM
I agree with spidermom. There's always the threat of resentment and, while we all long hair here, not everyone does. If he's not going to take care of it, maybe it's better if he keeps it at a more "man manageable" length.

jaine
October 17th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Does he know that you've posted his picture on the internet?
Does he know that you're seeking advice about how to change his behavior?

ange1ito
October 17th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Wow his hair is gorgeous how can he not love it.

WinterButterfly
October 17th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Oooo! Nice hair! My husband used to have long hair. He grew it out for me. But then a hot summer came along and I told him I was ok with him cutting itm I did cry though.. we had made a deal back then. I would not pluck my eyebrows, and he would grow his hair. I now keep my eyebrows mostly untouched. Now he wants to try a short mohawk. I think it could be interesting. I hope he will gro his hair again someday. As long as if it becomes hard on him you are willing to part with his mane, then I think it is fine that he keeps it long for you. Tell him that you think it makes him look like a powerful lion. He has very nice looking hair. I was a little jelous of my husbands hair. It was what I wish my hair was like.

Soulina
October 18th, 2011, 04:46 AM
Does he know that you've posted his picture on the internet?
Does he know that you're seeking advice about how to change his behavior?

Yes he doees know. He actually reads this sometimes and is like "Whats so special about my hair" he doesnt take this too seriously, I even tryed to make him start reading LHC forum, but he just laughed and said me and everyone in LHC take hair too seriously. Well cant say I didnt try.