PDA

View Full Version : My 3 Year LHC Anniversary!! ♥ ♥ ♥

JamieLeigh
October 17th, 2011, 03:40 AM
Yep, it's that time again! :D Today marks the end of my 3rd full year of posting on LHC. I thought I would have a higher post count by now, but being without internet for much of last year didn't help much. :o

I started out as a lurker when my hair was around 36" (hip length), and I was roughly tailbone by the time I joined, around 38.5", I would guess. A good friend of mine from Facebook pointed me here, and I haven't regretted it yet! I've trimmed and cut back a lot over the first 2 years I was here, and a lot of that is thanks to the Great Evil Shed of January 2010, as I term it. I'm afraid that I lost a lot of medium/coarse extra-long hairs in that shed, and am left with a bunch of extra-long fine hairs. Not only my hemline, but also my circumference has taken a beating. My photos now are usually with black pants/skirts, so that you can actually see my longest hairs. Otherwise, the wisps wouldn't photograph at all. (I've tried.) It still looks thick, but it's nowhere near what I imagined it would be like once I hit this length, approximately 1" away from knee, or 53".

I have not trimmed at all this year, and I am going to try to make it all the way until December 5 before trimming (back to knee, to maintain for a few months, assuming I get that last inch in by then).

Okay...I'll shut up and get to what you guys really like - photos! ;) The last time I tried to link to photos from my album, it didn't turn out, so I have posted the links to the photos in question from my Length Shots album. It's public. :)

My length when I joined in October 2008 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=5778&pictureid=75682)

My length at my 1st year anniversary, October 2009 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=5778&pictureid=75694)

My length at my 2nd year anniversary, October 2010 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=5778&pictureid=85828) (you can see how much thinner it is after the shedding...I can see the hem of my shirt through my hair)

And finally, this year's length shot. This one is from September 2011 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=5778&pictureid=114935), but there is not a lot of difference in just a month's time, maybe an inch (don't ask me why my clothes look odd on the left side of my body, lol, I don't know)

bunzfan
October 17th, 2011, 04:02 AM
Wow Jamie i thought you had thick hair now but looking at your older pics it was really thick back then. On a positive side as you mostly wear it up i can't see that your slightly finer hairs should bother you either way you have beautiful hair period :D

I hope i can make it to classic with hair looking that good:crush:

Slinks
October 17th, 2011, 04:32 AM
WOW !! look at all that growth :thud:

serious
October 17th, 2011, 05:12 AM
I love the last pic!

Gorgeous hair, JL!

Rhodugune
October 17th, 2011, 05:24 AM
Your hair is so beautiful, really inspirational!

Tressie
October 17th, 2011, 05:24 AM
Congratulations dear Jamie on your third year anniversary, and on your beautiful looong hair!! :flower: :blossom:

freckles
October 17th, 2011, 05:31 AM
beautiful hair! congratulations on 3 years here :)

kanaka
October 17th, 2011, 06:12 AM
Congrats :) All pics are awesome. your hair is gorgeous and lovely progress.That's a lot of inspiration too :D

pepperminttea
October 17th, 2011, 07:12 AM
Even after the shed, your hair still looks thick and lovely. Happy three years! :D

Night_Kitten
October 17th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Congrats on your 3rd anniversary!
Your hair looks beautiful :)

Madora
October 17th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Your hair looks lovely and what great growth! Happy anniversary, JamieLeigh!

FrozenBritannia
October 17th, 2011, 08:06 AM
You have truly amazing hair!!

moon2dove
October 17th, 2011, 08:19 AM
@JamieLeigh Congratulations on 3 years here :)

Your hair has been through some changes over these three years, as you say, it has thinned some. But I congratulate you on your patience, your hair is still looking good in your last photo. :) I hope mine will look as healthy when I get to your length :)

luluj
October 17th, 2011, 08:20 AM
You have had such an amazing journey, JamieLeigh! Wonderful growth!

:cheer:CONGRATULATIONS!:cheer:

racrane
October 17th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Your hair is still beautiful and and I think it's lovely. Congrats on your anniversary!

Jenn of Pence
October 17th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Congratulations, JL! Even with some thinning, you are still inspirational. :)

lapushka
October 17th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Amazing! Congratulations!

Loreley
October 17th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Congratulations on your anniversary! Your hair is beautiful! :)

RavennaNight
October 17th, 2011, 12:04 PM
:joy: Congratulations! :joy:

Elleyena
October 17th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Congrats Jamie! *glomp* I'm loving your hair so much. I keep looking at your pics on FB as inspiration :)

Roscata
October 17th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Very pretty hair! Happy anniversary! :D

cowgirllong
October 17th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Yay, JamieLeigh! I've been around here a lot over the years, but never post much.

Yozhik
October 17th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Congratulations, JamieLeigh! :cheer:

Three years is a long time, and your hair has gotten so much longer! :thud:

It looks very pretty and quite thick to me, whatever you say of thinning. :flowers:

ETA: also, 3,300+ posts in three years isn't shabby at all. ;)

Alvrodul
October 17th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Truly beautiful hair! Happy anniversary! :flowers:

JamieLeigh
October 17th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Thank you all so much! :flowers: It's been a real pleasure to post here, and to meet all of you. I hope I can get back into posting more often.

jasper
October 17th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Wow! That is some long hair! Looking good! Happy hair-iversary!

xoxophelia
October 17th, 2011, 05:10 PM
I think I will just mentally pretend that your hair is on my head :3

The wave is close enough to how mine is... pretty pleeease??

Congrats on the hair growth.

skyblue
October 17th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Ohhh gorgeous!!
Sooo going by you, since we were about the same length when I joined I should make my goal of thigh length in about two years!!! Yay!! thats not that bad of course your younger then me and your hair is way thicker so I should give myself 6 more months just for good measure lol!!
Congrats to you!! Your hair, despite the big shed, is very beautiful and a great inspiration!!

HoneyJubilee
October 17th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Happy anniversary, JamieLeigh! Your hair is looking great :)

PixxieStix
October 17th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Woo-hoo! Congrats on three years, and the hair growth. :) It's lovely!

SusanSt
October 17th, 2011, 07:32 PM
What beautiful hair! Congrats on your anniversary. :)

Xi
October 17th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Congratulations! Your hair is looking long and beautiful.:blossom: From the perspective of a thin/fine-haired lady, I can say your hair looks plenty thick to me! :)

jojo
October 17th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Oh my I would be so happy to have your hair. My hemline thins too :shrug: but hey don't worry about it, its not too bad; all I can see is a waterfall of gorgeous hair. Id swap you!

thelittlestdoc
October 18th, 2011, 12:17 AM
Wow, such a beautiful head of hair :) Hope you get back the thickness you're missing, but honestly it looks amazing now!

JamieLeigh
October 18th, 2011, 01:08 AM
Thank you guys so much! :grouphug: It's all down to you guys, and your advice and support. I especially appreciate all the comments and suggestions I've gotten over the past year to help me learn to love my hair again. :cloud9:

Teufelchen
October 18th, 2011, 01:14 AM
Congratulations to your 3rd anniversary. :cheer:

Your hair looks amazingly gorgeous. :D

DarkChocolate
October 18th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Your hair is really pretty:) I love the red highlights in the sun:)

PurpleAshes
October 18th, 2011, 04:30 PM
aaaaah so loong, congrats!

Intransigentia
October 18th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Well: your hair DEFINITELY deserves all the love it can get! :thudpile:

My guess: maybe your oldest long hairs shed, but I bet with continued good care, in a few years the baby hairs that were just starting when you had that shed, will be catching up in length, and those will be absolutely stunning, having had an entire lifetime of dedicated care. Hopfeully I'll stick around to see those pictures too!

neon-dream
October 18th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Your hair always makes me feel so jealous!
Congrats on your growth, and your hair still looks incredibly thick!

JamieLeigh
October 18th, 2011, 05:04 PM
neon-dream, you are a silly person. :smooch: You know your hair is amazing. Did you know you were the first friend I ever made on LHC? :D

Thank you all so much! :o I will try to behave and not trim off quite so much in December.

Lostsoule77
October 18th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Congratulations on your third anniversary. Your hair is gorgeous and you've gained an amazing amount of growth in that time. I can't believe you got all that and even trimmed a lot. I can see what your saying about it getting thinner, but it is nowhere near as bad as you made it seem. Your ends still look really nice. Enjoy the positives instead of instead of thinking about the negatives. :)

littlenvy
October 18th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Congratulations!! :) That's some BEAUTIFUL long hair you got there.