PDA

View Full Version : Will Feye's Hair Trimming Method Dull Shears?

alxardnax
October 17th, 2011, 12:29 AM
Hi,

I want to try Feye's Hair Trimming Method but will cutting that much hair in one snip dull shears really fast? I heard that exerting a lot of pressure or cutting too much hair at once is really bad for hair shears. Any advice?

Thanks!

Shelly
October 17th, 2011, 02:05 AM
I've been using Feye's trimming method for about 15 years and I also trim other people's hair all with the same pair of scissors that I've been using for about 8 or 9 of those 15 years. My scissors are still as Sharp as they were when I got them. I have made sure that the only thing they have been used for is hair. All scissors dull over time but a good pair will last.

pepperpot
October 17th, 2011, 03:10 AM
When I use Feye's method I cut in lots of small snips, rather than the whole chunk in one go. I keep snipping until the whole chunk of hair below the elastic is even, if this makes sense? I've been using my own method which is similar to Feye's for years and years, then Feye's method for a few years, and I don't have a problem with dulling of blades.

GRU
October 17th, 2011, 10:01 AM
You're still cutting the same number of strands -- won't make any difference at all.

jacqueline101
April 2nd, 2012, 08:30 AM
I don't know if it will dull sheers but its true time will. I'd like to know if you have to wait until you're at a certain length.

spidermom
April 2nd, 2012, 09:02 AM
Occasionally you have to break down and buy new scissors or get your scissors sharpened because they do get dull over time with use, but they're not doing you any good laying around all nice and sharp, not being used.

Renate
April 2nd, 2012, 09:29 AM
When I use Feye's method I cut in lots of small snips, rather than the whole chunk in one go. I keep snipping until the whole chunk of hair below the elastic is even, if this makes sense? I've been using my own method which is similar to Feye's for years and years, then Feye's method for a few years, and I don't have a problem with dulling of blades.

I do the same thing. It is impossible with my scissors to cut that much hair in one snip.

Macaroni
April 2nd, 2012, 10:37 AM
Not at all. Her instructions advocate snipping dry hair which is the least damaging to shears.

jeanniet
April 2nd, 2012, 10:42 AM
Cutting anything will dull them over time, but Feye's method won't cause more dulling than another method. You really don't cut a big chunk of hair anyway. The better the scissors, the longer the edge will last, but even a cheap pair should have a decent edge for a while.