PDA

View Full Version : Hair past there

FrozenBritannia
October 16th, 2011, 04:05 PM
saw this: http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/45801-hair-apparent

Never a hair cut in her life! *swoon*

snowfaery
October 16th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Wow! That is a lot of hair and it looks to be in pretty good shape too.

Madora
October 16th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Truly impressive. A LOT of dedication for so many years. Thanks for sharing!

spidermom
October 16th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Wow, never cut; that's a rare thing. I wonder if there is somebody (parent?) in her life who said "no!"

Shelly
October 16th, 2011, 04:38 PM
That is very impressive. That is a gorgeous picture. I wish my hair was that long!

Debra83
October 16th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Wow!!!! Unbelievable!!!

KwaveT
October 16th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Wow!! I am getting this right. The one in middle is just under three meters. That is nine feet. That means 2.98 meters is 107 inches. That is unreal growth. All of them have gorgeous hair.

BeccaAngel
October 16th, 2011, 04:58 PM
i seen that before, :P

Grillz
October 16th, 2011, 05:24 PM
A real life Rapunzel. I get tired braiding my hair. Can you imagine braiding that? :disbelief

Keildra
October 16th, 2011, 06:04 PM
I love that hair
I must say I could never do hair past my feet, thought about fairy tale hair but I just have this weird thing about possibly tripping over my own hair

Kindredraeven
October 16th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Wow... Thanks for sharing :)

rock007junkie
October 16th, 2011, 06:33 PM
I dream of longer hair but that's too much. I wouldnt know what to do with it. They seem to have beautiful hair though.

CurlyCap
October 16th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Maybe I'm a snob, but whenever I see pictures like this, I discount almost the last two feet (yes, I said "two feet") because of the FTEs...or in my pre-LHC words...dregs.

For some reason, I'm always more impressed by long hair with blunt ends. ::shrug::

It's long, though. Even with a haircut, it's to their feet.

Immera
October 16th, 2011, 06:51 PM
That's some amazing genetics.

jaine
October 16th, 2011, 07:44 PM
I hope no one with throw something at me for saying this, but I don't understand why people are impressed by it?
It's so... matte.

I guess it's just difficult for me to appreciate super-long hair unless it's shiny. Shiny hair is usually healthy. But matte hair could be healthy or trashed ... there's no way to tell.

(I do know that shiny, healthy hair can appear matte sometimes, especially if it has some brushed-out curl...I have 2c hair so I know all about that. :p)

PixxieStix
October 16th, 2011, 08:23 PM
That is impressive. I don't think my genetics would let my hair get that long. Then again, I don't know. At the moment, I think I'd be happy with an end goal of hip/tailbone, but I hear sticking around this place can change your perception of what "long" constitutes! Lol! I agree though, I would have nightmares of tripping over my own hair if it were past my feet.

amberpotamus
October 16th, 2011, 08:30 PM
And I used to have trouble not sitting on my hair when I was a kid! I wouldn't try to grow my hair anywhere near that long it I could. I would most certainly end up tripping, falling off something tall, and killing myself, because that' just the kind of grace I have.

FrozenBritannia
October 16th, 2011, 09:44 PM
I can't even imagine having hair that long, but I'd love it if I did. :D Glad I could share it with you all, if I showed my hubby that pic he'd just say something silly. :)

ddiana1979
October 16th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Pretty. I wonder how she styles it to keep it up. I'm sure that's quite a bit of weight. She must have a way to evenly distribute it over her head or something.

wtchmel
October 16th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Okay, hopefully i won't get flamed for saying this but..... Most all of the hair on this board to me(own opinion) looks way healthier and better then these women.

Mi-chan666
October 17th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Beautiful. I wished my parents had never given me haircuts, either, but I was forced to wear the most horrible haircuts ever. (My parents thought it was cute... -.- )

heidi w.
October 17th, 2011, 01:39 PM
OK, I finally got a clear path to the link.

China and hair length is an entirely different subject than the US/UK, as an example. Women with such long lengths are socially revered, and they still have contests for the longest hair lengths.

I am aware of this because of a long-haired person I met, DYQ, and her friend, and my friend too, Lady Grace, who is a long-hair ambassadoress to China, or was. They went to China together, and she shared with me how crowds followed her and wanted her picture, and so forth.

heidi w.

Blond On Blond
October 17th, 2011, 02:14 PM
The length is impressive, but I find the hair itself not so pretty.

AshNight1214
October 17th, 2011, 04:20 PM
I love that picture!! I had seen it a while back and I heard that they all do the benign neglect thing. That blows my mind! I wish I could just let my hair do it's own thing... :( It was horrible when I used to do that...

Changling
October 17th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Wow, that is seriously legendary hair. I feel like it makes them seem kind of otherworldly.

WinterButterfly
October 17th, 2011, 06:24 PM
I want hair as long as that, or longer! It is not likely possible with my genetics. My hair only grew to maybe classic. I got my first haircut whan I was 12. Now my hair type has changed some. So maybe I can get more length than classic? Idont know. But it. Looks awesome!

Yame
October 17th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Wow! That is looooong!!!

LaceyNg
October 17th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Maybe I'm a snob, but whenever I see pictures like this, I discount almost the last two feet (yes, I said "two feet") because of the FTEs...or in my pre-LHC words...dregs.

For some reason, I'm always more impressed by long hair with blunt ends. ::shrug::

It's long, though. Even with a haircut, it's to their feet.

Okay, hopefully i won't get flamed for saying this but..... Most all of the hair on this board to me(own opinion) looks way healthier and better then these women.

i agree with both of you on this! i dont mind a fairytale hemline, but to me those ends arnt beautiful at all! i feel like the last 2 or 3 feet should be cut off, and even then it would just be really LONG hair, not particularly beautiful hair, like wtchmel said...

and assuming i DID have hair like that, i'd be forced to wear it up all the time, so as to not trip on it. i do tend to wear mine up most of the time, but i still like the option of having it down. i wear it up so much so that i CAN wear it down and it'll be pretty and un-damaged!

so yeah, while i admire their determination, i guess, i dont particularly want their hair as my own. i'd MUCH rather trade with some of you fellow-LHC'ers! :)

Toadstool
October 18th, 2011, 01:46 AM
This length does not appeal to me.

LocustSpawning
October 18th, 2011, 01:52 AM
Wow, amazing! Beautiful... makes my hair seem ridiculously short now!

ssjhotau2
October 18th, 2011, 01:57 AM
I love how long it is- I love that there are people who can grow their hair longer than they are tall.

But I have to agree with what others have said- I don't much like the way the hair looks :( maybe it's just from having it down for a long period of time (for pictures or measuring or something), but it really could be much healthier looking.

Sweetie
October 18th, 2011, 03:46 AM
.....this lenght looks a bit too much for me....I love hip lenght, healthy and bluntly cut hair - this is not my dream hair...anyway I admire her for her absolute dedition and care!

Alaia
October 18th, 2011, 05:59 AM
Gorgeous, but really all of them need a little trim. I like fairy tale ends but if they've never been cut or trimmed... they probably need it. No matter what there will be SOME damage.

Avvoltoio
October 18th, 2011, 06:37 AM
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx