PDA

View Full Version : Really bad itchy scalp when I sweat

LVue86
October 16th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Hi ladies and gents,

I've had this problem for a few years now and realized that my scalp gets extremely itchy when I sweat! and this itchiness has increased from mild to obsessive itching only when I sweat though! It isn't my entire scalp but mainly the middle to the neck area that itches the most. I've just been exercising at least 4-5 days out of the week and it has been irritating me for awhile. I was wondering if it could be from dyeing my hair so much in the past? There has been a few times where my scalp was itchy while dyeing and never really paid attention to it. Yeah, I know stupid of me. I guess I am paying for it now. I have eliminated hair dyes for a while now and have been massaging jojoba oil onto my scalp but every time I work out or even have a slight amount of sweat my scalp starts itching like crazy.

Have any of you had this experience? What other remedies can I use?

Tapioca
October 16th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Mine does this, and the only thing that helps me is to wash it. Maybe a bottle of dry shampoo in your gym bag?

oktobergoud
October 16th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Mine does this, and the only thing that helps me is to wash it.

Yup, the same here!

LVue86
October 16th, 2011, 11:53 PM
Really? oh good I thought it was something else like an allergic reaction. I wash my hair right after and it goes away but I thought it was something serious where I had to give it some treatment.

Safira
October 17th, 2011, 01:27 AM
I exercise every other/every day. I have to wash my hair, scalp is so sweaty and itchy. I run long distance, so my exercises are 4-10 miles, depends on days and weeks.

I use sulfate-free shampoos and co-wash. Sometimes I use sulfates and sometimes not. I think itīs more harm to scald to leave all that sweat and dirt there, than to wash it off very often.