PDA

View Full Version : Love this rinse!

ccmso12
October 16th, 2011, 01:53 PM
:cheese: Today did a 2tsp honey in 3 cups of warm water rinse at the end of my shower. Figured it would be a nice humecterant with the cold winter weather coming in. My hair felt absolutely lovely afterwords! Definately a keeper!

Anyone ever try this before???

Rhodugune
October 16th, 2011, 04:18 PM
No, I haven't tryed that, but now I'm curious so I think I will. :)
I usually do an ACV-rince, that do wonders for my hair.

JessL
October 16th, 2011, 04:27 PM
I think Ill try this next time. Did it make it feel soft?

proo
October 16th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Since humectants draw moisture from the air or the hair, depending on which has more, does it follow to seal with oil after the rinse if the atmosphere is dry?

Debra83
October 16th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Did you rinse it out after or leave it in?

rbooh
October 16th, 2011, 04:51 PM
mmmm honey!

I use a generous dollop of honey in my conditioner and it makes my hair incredibly soft.

I wash, warm rinse, condish/honey, warm rinse then condish/castor oil & final long tepid rinse. Instead of hay on my head I have soft silky hair, yay :)

Once a week I do a clarifying wash since I've heard honey can leave build up. So far I have not had that tho.

Boo

Libbylou
October 16th, 2011, 06:19 PM
OMG, I just wrote in my blog about the honey hair rinse. I love it seems to make my hair feel fuller. I did google search for natural homemade styling lotion and honey, lemon juice and water was the ingredients. Made my hair really sticky. Of course I might have overdone it. So I looked up the honey business on LHC and did the treatment hear for hair lighting. Not that I want lighter hair. And I used honey, distilled water, lemon juice, and cinnamon. I didn't like the cinnamon so I will leave that out next time.

ccmso12
October 18th, 2011, 01:03 PM
You use it as a last rinse before getting out of the shower-not following it with tap water. once a week I put my ACV in with it also.

Im not sure about following it with oils . . .I try not to use any "sealing oils" I prefer to only use penetrating oils.