PDA

View Full Version : Wow.. that was amazing!

longcurlygirl<3
October 16th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Hello all, so ysterday was wash day and DT as well. My hair has been so tangly and dry I couldn't understand why [that rhymed] So I did a egg and mayonesse treatment on dry hair for 15 minutes. My hair felt like straw washed it out with my sulfate free kind of diluted shampoo and detangled with Herbal essences hello hydration. My hair felt better but still hard and dry from the protein so as many know one has to do a moisturizing DT, so I did a SMT and then I applied my leave-in and then gel then grapeseed oil to the ends...

wow... My curls sprung like crazy!! I have never had this much definition since my hair was around APL-BSL

So if any pepole are feeling dry, tangles are to much you should try a protein treatment then a moisturizing DT. Just felt like sharing that story :)
Check out my album of these pictures in my experimenting album. I am uploading them now

redmj
October 16th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Ha ha I was going to post the same thing. Well almost. Over the weekend I did straight castor oil on my scalp and a blend of oil on my length, left it in all day and then WO washed it out. My hair is crazy curly. It is amazing. I even have curls on the top of my head. My hair is now up to bsl, which kinda stinks, but I love the curls. Will post pics when I get a chance. Oh it did the same to my little sisters.

longcurlygirl<3
October 16th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Ha ha I was going to post the same thing. Well almost. Over the weekend I did straight castor oil on my scalp and a blend of oil on my length, left it in all day and then WO washed it out. My hair is crazy curly. It is amazing. I even have curls on the top of my head. My hair is now up to bsl, which kinda stinks, but I love the curls. Will post pics when I get a chance. Oh it did the same to my little sisters.
That is awesome :) hehe because of all the cold/dry weather curlies need some serioud TLC and moisturizing DT!

redmj
October 16th, 2011, 01:28 PM
I guess. I never realized my hair was dry. I had to oil twice because the first time my hair sucked up all the oil. My hair feels so much better.

ccmso12
October 16th, 2011, 01:51 PM

Id love to try castor oil on my hair . . .but even straight up on my face I have a hell of a time trying to get it off . . .Im scared to put it in my hair! Any reccomendations?

MissManda
October 16th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Congrats on the awesome hair day! :D

GRU
October 17th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Id love to try castor oil on my hair . . .but even straight up on my face I have a hell of a time trying to get it off . . .Im scared to put it in my hair! Any reccomendations?

Try mixing it with another oil, like Sweet Almond, Jojoba, Coconut, or Grapeseed.

redmj
October 17th, 2011, 10:22 AM
I mix it with other oils (actually I cheat and use African Royal) half and half. Then I rinse it really well and if it all doesn't come out, oh well. It will the next day.