PDA

View Full Version : Canola oil!

Orangerthanred
October 16th, 2011, 11:07 AM
:D It's a miracle!

Okay, so I was fooling around earlier today with my hair after my shower. It was already frizzing up and turning into a fluffball, so I thought about putting some oil in my hair. I haven't bought coconut oil or olive oil because they are quite expensive and if they don't work on my hair, they'll just sit around my house for years. Anyway, I found canola oil in my kitchen and put a little bit in my hair.

Now my hair's dry.. it's so shiny and there's no frizz. I think I've found my miracle product! :D

Canola oil's awesome- am I right or am I right?

ktani
October 16th, 2011, 11:14 AM
:D It's a miracle!

Okay, so I was fooling around earlier today with my hair after my shower. It was already frizzing up and turning into a fluffball, so I thought about putting some oil in my hair. I haven't bought coconut oil or olive oil because they are quite expensive and if they don't work on my hair, they'll just sit around my house for years. Anyway, I found canola oil in my kitchen and put a little bit in my hair.

Now my hair's dry.. it's so shiny and there's no frizz. I think I've found my miracle product! :D

Canola oil's awesome- am I right or am I right?

It works for you and you are happy with the results.

There is nothing wrong with it, if that is what you mean, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canola.

It is safe to use and enjoy.

Mairéad
October 16th, 2011, 11:26 AM
That's great! And remember, if you want to experiment with coconut and olive oils they can be used for cooking, body lotion, and in other personal care ways should you not like them for hair.

Orangerthanred
October 16th, 2011, 11:37 AM
It works for you and you are happy with the results.

There is nothing wrong with it, if that is what you mean, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canola.

It is safe to use and enjoy.

:cheese: yay!

sibiryachka
October 17th, 2011, 11:29 AM
I've been trying unsuccessfully to track down information on how comedogenic canola oil is, as I'm considering trying it in place of olive oil in my OCM blend. Even that Wikipedia article doesn't address it !
For some reason your success using it on your hair makes me optimistic.

KatyS
November 7th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Ah!! I just did the same! I've been using coconut oil and felt that my hair never felt that soft and I couldn't run my fingers through that easily....... so I have rapeseed oil in the kitchen (which I believe is the same?) put a tiny drop in my hair and its actually silky on the ends!! I am amazed as its just cheap pure rapeseed oil lol!! :D Hehe if it works, what can you do :p