PDA

View Full Version : The "other" grandma is a hairdresser

pittsburgpam
October 15th, 2011, 08:44 PM
I'm sitting here thinking... "hmmmmm". My 11 year old granddaughter has been texting me today asking me a bunch of questions about what to do about her oily hair. I know (from my daughter) that she doesn't wash it enough as it is but I told her to use a gentle shampoo, like baby shampoo, and only a couple of times a week. She's been asking question after question, that I have answered each time basically the same thing. Don't use things that dry it out. Don't wash it TOO often. She can even use just conditioner to wash it but may need to do that more often.

I know that she is going to her "other grandma's" (her words) next week so why is she asking me all this right now? Is she going to carry my words to OG? Is she going to say, "My other grandma says...." :p

Panth
October 16th, 2011, 05:13 AM
Don't know anything else about the issue... but baby shampoo is often not gentle at all. It is gentle for eyes, not necessarily for hair.

Libbylou
October 16th, 2011, 05:37 AM
I think she just needs to continue her normal routine if it works well for her. She might want to try what OG tells her as long as it is not drastic(like cutting, change color).

julliams
October 16th, 2011, 06:16 AM
Fructis makes a shampoo called Oily roots/Dry ends which works great for my 12 year old. Perhaps try that?

pittsburgpam
October 16th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Personally, I don't care for the things that OG does to granddaughter's hair but I would never say so. She has cut it really short without her mother's approval. She has added highlights to a 10 year old's hair, etc.

My granddaughter does need to do something about her oily hair as it most often looks stringy and dirty. My daughter says she doesn't wash it enough and is at that age when you have to make them take a shower.

I'll let her know about the Fructis shampoo or get her some myself.

pepperminttea
October 16th, 2011, 10:41 AM
If she doesn't like washing it, perhaps you could teach her to braid it? Braids can hide a multitude of sins, and sebum will only make them look more sleek and perfect. :)