PDA

View Full Version : Shampoo Only?

kitten1986
October 15th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Ok I did a search but couldn't find any threads on this topic (but I am not good at searching so please relocate this if there is already one :D )

So I was in the shower the other day and I "forgot" to condition my hair after I shampoo'd (Mr kitten came in and distracted me :crush: )

ANYWAY... when I was out of the shower I realised that I had not conditioned and I didn't want to get back in the shower to condition so I rubbed a pea sized amount of conditioner through my hair and tied it back so I could go to uni. When my hair dried it was very soft and shiny and lovely!!! I was completely shocked I thought it would be horrible and tangly and dull from having conditioner coating it.

So last night I purposefully did the same to see if it would work again and it did! I woke up this morning with soft shiny smooth hair I think I have found my new method of hairwashing thanks to Mr kitten :D

I also noticed that I had MUCH less hairfall in the shower that I usually would when I condition in the shower... I have no idea why this would happen :confused:

Have you ever tried this? How did it work out in the long run? I am a little worried that my hair may not be "protected" and it might split or get damaged more easily. I only put the shampoo on my roots then let it rinse down the length. Oh and I have been using tresseme naturals with the occasional wash with head and shoulders if I get flakes.

kidari
October 15th, 2011, 08:31 PM
I've been loving this method. I shampoo just my scalp and let the rinse off clean the rest of my hair- sometimes I do an oil shampoo and sometimes just shampoo alone and sometimes diluted shampoo in a squirt bottle but no conditioner afterwards! Most of the time it's great but sometimes I put a little shea butter curl smoothie or Fox's shea butter cream only on the ends or mist the length with some diluted V05 conditioner from a mister and have fantastic hair. I shed less this way I noticed. I only oil my hair now before I dye it (I used boxed dyes).

MrsGuther
October 15th, 2011, 08:35 PM
I only use shampoo on my scalp area and then rinse it out, condition and rinse again. I do like to try a dab of conditioner in my hair after I get out of the shower and my hair is mostly dry to help define my wurls and tame frizz. I'm not sure how my hair would do if I didn't condition too while in the shower though.

kitten1986
October 15th, 2011, 08:55 PM
ooh the oil sounds like a good idea
I had some coconut oil that went rancid a while back and I havent been able to bring myself to use coconut oil again!
But I do have macadamia oil in the kitchen so maybe ill give it a go with that :D