PDA

View Full Version : A different Colour??

FrozenBritannia
October 15th, 2011, 08:03 PM
I'm just wondering if anyone has lost their hair, only to have it grow back a different colour?
Mine all fell out last year, and when it grew back i put streaks in because the colour was so odd and it just looked horrible (the hair) and I wanted to feel better about it, but now I'm letting it grow out natural and I could SWEAR it's not the same colour it was a few years ago when it was virgin..

Eirelin
October 16th, 2011, 03:41 PM
My sister was one of those who started out with very light blonde hair as a child that just got darker and darker as she got older until it would have been closer to brown (except for coloring it). Then, she got melanoma, and the chemo/radiation therapy caused it all to fall out, and when it came back, she was a blonde again!

Pretty weird.

She went through a second round of treatment a couple of years later, and this time when it grew back, it was blonde but this time is was an ash blonde, not the golden blonde it was with the first regrowth.

FrozenBritannia
October 16th, 2011, 04:03 PM
My sister was one of those who started out with very light blonde hair as a child that just got darker and darker as she got older until it would have been closer to brown (except for coloring it). Then, she got melanoma, and the chemo/radiation therapy caused it all to fall out, and when it came back, she was a blonde again!

Pretty weird.

She went through a second round of treatment a couple of years later, and this time when it grew back, it was blonde but this time is was an ash blonde, not the golden blonde it was with the first regrowth.

Has it stayed lighter? Or is it getting darker again over time? I hope your sister is all done the treatments now and has a clean bill of health. :)

Eirelin
October 16th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Has it stayed lighter? Or is it getting darker again over time? I hope your sister is all done the treatments now and has a clean bill of health. :)

Um... actually, she did die 3 years ago. Thank you, though.

Her hair did stay that ash blonde for the rest of her life, growing out to nearly shoulder-length and never getting any darker. I don't know if it would have changed much even if she had lived longer, though, because she was 37 and was already starting to get some gray (almost impossible to see in the middle of the ash blonde, though).

Sama
October 16th, 2011, 08:12 PM
When I was born, my hair was black. A few months later, it all fell out and came back blonde. It gradually darkened as I grew older. When I was 5, it was the color of a gold Crayola crayon [LOL], and by the time I was 12, it was the dark brown color it is today. The same seems to be the case for my daughter - she was born with the same black hair as I was, and it all fell out and grew back blonde. I anticipate she will have the same dark brown hair as I have when she is older... =)

FrozenBritannia
October 16th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Um... actually, she did die 3 years ago. Thank you, though.

Her hair did stay that ash blonde for the rest of her life, growing out to nearly shoulder-length and never getting any darker. I don't know if it would have changed much even if she had lived longer, though, because she was 37 and was already starting to get some gray (almost impossible to see in the middle of the ash blonde, though).

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that!!:( :( :( :(

FrozenBritannia
October 16th, 2011, 09:50 PM
When I was born, my hair was black. A few months later, it all fell out and came back blonde. It gradually darkened as I grew older. When I was 5, it was the color of a gold Crayola crayon [LOL], and by the time I was 12, it was the dark brown color it is today. The same seems to be the case for my daughter - she was born with the same black hair as I was, and it all fell out and grew back blonde. I anticipate she will have the same dark brown hair as I have when she is older... =)

I was quite blonde as a kid and ended up a dark blonde/ light brown mix.. It seems to be regrowing in in a blonder shade.. Hard to describe, I thought I just had some grey taking place of the brown but I was studying it a few nights ago and its not. It was an odd orangey shade at first (before the streaks and brown dye) and it doesn't seem to be orangey anymore so I think that was just malnutrition or something like that, but it's definitely lighter.
Not sure how I feel about it, as hubby prefers darker hair!