PDA

View Full Version : Shampoo Bars

summerstarlet
October 15th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Hi everyone, I'm thinking about getting a shampoo bar either from CV or Lush. I don't know much about them but I do know they are better for your hair. Are there any suggestions that you would like to give? I would like to find a shampoo bar that would darken my roots a little because I dye my hair but I'm looking for a healthier alternative and I don't really want to henna. TIA! :D

krissykins
October 15th, 2011, 11:21 AM
There is a whole thread about it here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?p=1822941). I would suggest reading the first few pages and the last few pages to get an idea of how to use them and whatnot. Happy reading! :flower:

Remyy
October 15th, 2011, 11:22 AM
I started using a shampoo bar from Lush recently. It's supposed to be used for oily hair which I have. I liked it the first time I used it but lately I feel like it's making my hair so clean/dry that it's becoming light and frizzy. I may be using too much of the shampoo in my hair though.

Lush has products that are hit or miss but in general their stuff does what it's supposed to, there are sometimes just weird drawbacks.

Anyway! with a little experimenting I think I'll end up liking the shampoo bar. Don't know of one that will darken hair though.

LittleB
October 15th, 2011, 11:49 AM
On the CV website there is one that is dark brown, I think it has coffee or something in it, I can't remember. But it is used for brunettes to darken up their hair naturally. Looks great! They also talk about coffee rinses to darken hair. I have never ordered from them but their website looks great and offers tons of information.

rbecks
October 15th, 2011, 12:51 PM
There is a big difference between lush bars and CV bars. Lush's are just like regular SLS shampoo but in a solid form, whereas there is no SLS in the CV bars and they are created more like a traditional soap and therefore are much more basic.

BlazingHeart
October 15th, 2011, 12:54 PM
I used to use Lush's Blonde bar, but then I developed a SLS sensitivity, so I switched to CV. Lush's lather better because they have SLS, but SLS isn't great for hair or scalp (though some people do well with it - SLS is one of those love it or hate it ingredients).

CVs are much milder, and I'm finding my scalp is much, MUCH happier.

~Blaze

Roscata
October 15th, 2011, 01:16 PM
I like CV bars better also because they are milder and SLS-free. I don't know of any shampoo bars that add color to your hair but tea rinses definitely do that (it does wash out so you'd have to do this every time), maybe try black tea to darken your hair, rooibos tea to redden it and catnip tea for yellowing. :D

MinderMutsig
October 15th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Somewhere in the shampoo bar thread is a link to a soap artisan who makes shampoo bars with henna in them with a henna gloss type of intensity and I think they make them for blond and dark hair too. Don't know if you are interested in henna but it might be worth considering.