PDA

View Full Version : Things to do at 3am instead of cutting your hair

wooliswonderful
October 15th, 2011, 09:23 AM
This is an offshoot of UltraBella's oops (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=80061) thread. :)

Last night at 3 a.m. instead of cutting my hair I...

Was knitting and suddenly remembered one of my first long-hair inspirations,
Whitney Houston ala "I Wanna Dance With Somebody (http://youtu.be/eH3giaIzONA)"

I dare you not to sing along, at least anyone over 30. :D

ETA: And I love her with long hair even if it's not "real" ;)

silverjen
October 15th, 2011, 09:36 AM
- Pick up your favorite book.
- Pet your dog/cat/ferret/furry companion of choice.
- Eat a bit of chocolate.
- Get nasty with your SO.
- Sleep.
- ?

Kindredraeven
October 15th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Come on LHC and read threads :)

nobeltonya
October 15th, 2011, 09:44 AM
If my younger son is asleep, then I'm sleeping.. otherwise, I'm feeding him [at 1 year old, he still doesn't sleep through the night]. :P

heidi w.
October 15th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Roll over and go back to sleep?
Read.
Paint your toenails?
Cook something.
Watch a movie or bad TV.
Pet a dog/cat. Play with the fella.
Have a good friend you can call at 3 am? (That IS a good friend!)
Do a crazy art project.
Journal.
Write a story. Or start one.
Anything but cutting hair!

Last choice: cut hair. Hair doesn't grow long when you cut it.

heidi w.

Carolyn
October 15th, 2011, 10:48 AM
I often wake up at 3am and know trying to go back to sleep is useless. I turn on the TV and lay on the couch with my laptop and surf the net. Sharp instruments of any kind at that hour are not a wise idea. One time I got up and rearranged my collection of Fiesta mini disc pitchers :silly:

Elysium
October 15th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Bake, knit, paint, draw, dance, go for a walk (I go for a lot of 5am walks along the beach), watch TV....

Just keep away from those scissors! :D

Mirsha
October 15th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Get up, dress up, catch the last party bus?

:D

katienoonan
October 15th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Spend some private time with your partner :eyebrows:

UltraBella
October 15th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Hahaha ! This thread is funny.

From now on I will NOT cut my hair at 3am. I will research crock pot cooking because I have a crock pot and no idea what to put in it.

Carolyn
October 15th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Hahaha ! This thread is funny.

From now on I will NOT cut my hair at 3am. I will research crock pot cooking because I have a crock pot and no idea what to put in it.:D sounds like a good plan! I do some of my best on line research in the early morning hours. I also seem to be able to solve some of my knitting dilemmas. I think that's because I have gone to bed thinking of the possible solutions and I've worked it out in my sleep.

Aeris
October 15th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Play some classic video games! Nothing beats a Super Mario World bender :p

kitschy
October 15th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Play some classic video games! Nothing beats a Super Mario World bender :p

Whoa - I am so old I could definitely catch up on classic Legend of Zelda. ;)

pepperminttea
October 15th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Watch the entire extended LOTR trilogy. It'll be three in the afternoon by the time you've finished, but after all the gorgeous styles on Eowyn and Arwen (not to mention the guys), your hair-cutting urge should be cured. ;)

vanity_acefake
October 15th, 2011, 02:18 PM
I knit long striped snoods, oil my hair, paint my toenails or cuddle a dog.
I do not go anywhere near scissors.

wooliswonderful
October 15th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Whoa - I am so old I could definitely catch up on classic Legend of Zelda. ;)
You are totally not old, and yup, one of the all-time greats. :D

jojo
October 15th, 2011, 03:55 PM
I either come on here, visit my farms, shops and cafes on facebook :D or look up bun tutorials on youtube.

kidari
October 15th, 2011, 04:02 PM
watch really bad reality tv, surf the net- LHC!, research recipes, read, homework.. don't look at any pictures or anything that has to do with really nice shorter haircuts!

UltraBella
October 15th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Bang tutorials on YouTube are what got me in trouble in the first place !!!!!!

owlathena
October 15th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Read! I accidentally read too late last night. I didn't realize what time it was until I noticed my room getting lighter and lighter...

I dont have internet, or else I'd probably stay up every night watching hair tutorials (when I want internet I have to walk down the street to DBFs or to the school lib)

jojo
October 15th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Bang tutorials on YouTube are what got me in trouble in the first place !!!!!!

haha just do the bun ones!!

KatjicaMjau
October 15th, 2011, 04:16 PM
waint until its 4 am :D count minutes, seconds..

if you have dog or cat or any pet, go and watch them sleeping or take them on a walk.

go on the internet and learn something new.. like how to draw a celtic knot or learn lyrics of some random song.

or think about what are you doing still awake at 3 am :rolling:

jacqueline101
October 15th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Its 3 am I'm a sleep no exceptions.

Juneii
October 15th, 2011, 04:41 PM
watch youtube videos and sing very loudly. However I am usually out like a light by 2am.

neko_kawaii
October 15th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Draft a sewing pattern.

MrsGuther
October 15th, 2011, 05:37 PM
take a hot bubble bath, then get on LHC! :)

TheBluffs
October 15th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Take a long walk. :)
Read
Late night baking! :D
Mistext people.

Pierre
October 15th, 2011, 05:47 PM
The last time I did anything hair-related (besides having it wrapped in the Buff) at 3 was last Monday. I was asleep with henna in my hair. I do sometimes wake up at 3 and come here.

MissManda
October 15th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Try some complicated updo that probably won't work on your hair or look nice but you do it anyway just to see if you CAN. :D Not recommended if this will induce the urge to cut your hair. For me, it just does the opposite and makes me want longer hair.

I do this a lot. :p I recently tried the faux Yulia Tymoshenko style and it just wouldn't happen. My hair will not cooperate and go into that style. Haha.

Noreth
October 15th, 2011, 05:54 PM
:lol: It's 3 A.M. here and I really do need a trim! I guess I'll go do it now instead of distracting myself with all the things you all are suggesting (the things I usually do at 3 in the morning). :(

ange1ito
October 15th, 2011, 05:59 PM
I must be a greedy cow I am often stuffing my face if I am still up at 3am!!!

jasper
October 15th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Haven't you heard the saying that three o'clock is always either too late or too early for anything you are planning to do?

MaryRose
October 15th, 2011, 06:19 PM
The other night I couldn't sleep so I got up, did my nails and started playing with my hair. I thought about cutting my length getting rid of the layers. I then realized I would hate my hair by morning and I started thinking of ways I could wear my hair so it wont irritate me so much. I figured I needed a good hair clip for half ups. So I went on to ebay to look around and found a pretty horn hairstick pin. I know that if I find ways to put my hair up and still show length, then I can live with the layers while they grow out. Now, I have a hair toy on the way and I still have my hair.

The time was between 2:30am-4:00am, I thought about Ultrabella and thankfully stayed away from the scissors!!

kamikaze hair
October 16th, 2011, 12:10 AM
Watch the entire extended LOTR trilogy. It'll be three in the afternoon by the time you've finished, but after all the gorgeous styles on Eowyn and Arwen (not to mention the guys), your hair-cutting urge should be cured. ;)

Haha!! i LOVE this idea. I think this would have to be the ulitmate choice, if you've tried the cooking/baking, reading, knitting, painting finger/toenails, walking, petting animal of your choice, getting it on with SO and every other suggestion! (before grabbing a pair of scissors)

i'm so trying this next time i get the urge to want to cut my hair (well, have my hairdresser cut it for me anyway)

Lucky
October 16th, 2011, 01:40 AM
oh wooliswonderful I loved, loved, loved that video, I was "ub-sessed" with Whitney's hair in that video. She was just perfection.

I'm usually asleep at 3am, no risk for me of cutting :)

clarinette
October 16th, 2011, 03:28 AM
Anything people have suggested is good distraction, but if the urge is too intense, i suggest googling : "how on earth can i make my hair grow faster", "how do i grow out bangs" , or "horrible haircut disaster gone wrong, the return". Scary stuff :D

tigereye
October 16th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Erm...walking all the way home from a housewarming party on the other side of town, because by that time there are no busses running and the late night taxi stands are about the same distance in the opposite direction...Although walking for about an hour in the early morning in Scotland made me thankful for my long hair keeping my ears and back warm.

But yeah. I like the LOTR idea. I need to go home to get my DVD collection for it though. Or you could always just head on to the LHC. :)

Purdy Bear
October 16th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Get up and go out and study the stars.

Go ghost busting

Watch a horror movie and shock yourself senseless, you definately wont go back to sleep then.

Play tunnels with the dog who is usually trying his luck being on the bed.

Meditate.

Do some homework or assignments.

Im usually zonked out at that time in the morning.

Alvrodul
October 17th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Actually finish that big quilt (http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m529/Alvrodul/various%20things/Butterflyquilt.jpg) that has been languishing among your UFOs for months now.:D