PDA

View Full Version : Dry looking hair that feels soft?

UglyTresses
October 14th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Hey guys, so the condition of my hair's improved significantly since I first started out on LHC. I'm curious to know, though... my hair has become incredibly soft + smooth (as a result of a good deep conditioner, washing it less and twice-weekly oil treatments), but still looks somewhat dry?

Any ideas about this? :) Anyone with a similar hair type/situation, where your hair looks dry but feels amazing?

Post your thoughts guys! :D

I am happy to say, though, that a month ago, my hair felt really coarse and rough and icky in general. Although I'm not loving it, I think I've made really great strides in a month's time! How about you guys growing out from shoulder length? Anyone with positive stories or updates?

ccmso12
October 14th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Try a SMT and if not improved then clarify.

Often hair that needs to be clarified gives th appearance of being "dry" when its really not, just has alot of build up

|Xei
October 14th, 2011, 09:03 PM
My hair is very fine, so it's just naturally really soft, even when I bleached and toned it to a platinum blonde.

krissykins
October 15th, 2011, 12:44 PM
What do you mean by "still looks somewhat dry"? Do you have a picture? :)

danacc
October 15th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Is it dry or frizzy? Do you have waves or curls if you let it air-dry?

If it is frizzy, stop any and all brushing. Use fingers and a wide-toothed comb to detangle when damp or when dry. It will likely need to be done when wet/damp if you have curls. You may benefit from not fully rinsing out a no-cone conditioner.

pelicano
October 15th, 2011, 03:26 PM
That sounds like over-moisturisation to me. When my hair is over-moisturised, it feels really silky soft, but looks like straw! My remedy is just to wash it and not condition it once, then it sorts itself out.

cmg
October 15th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Perhaps you have curly/wavy hair and don't know about it! :)

McFearless
October 15th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Do you have any pics?

Asche
October 15th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Kinda sounds like buildup. Try clarifying (like within 24 hours) before your next deep conditioning.