PDA

View Full Version : A question about Klorane and going without conditioner

Hypatia415
October 14th, 2011, 02:26 PM
I have dark ash blonde hair and have been using CV shampoo bars for the past couple of months. I love the bars but since they all contain castor bean oil over the course of a couple months they have really darkened my hair to a light brown. I started researching fairly non-damaging shampoos for blonde hair and found Klorane's chamomile shampoo for blonde/light brown hair. After three washes my hair has lightened up considerably and I love how it makes my hair feel.

What I'm having a problem with is that it makes my hair feel so nice and soft that I have stopped using conditioner with it. When I do use my coney conditioner combined with the Klorane it ends up being a little lank and heavy. I have also stopped using an ACV rinse as I've heard that can darken hair, so I'm going to switch to white vinegar as soon as I can pick some up from the store. I oil my ends occasionally with EVOO. But in the meantime I've been using the Klorane only on my hair, and it feels soft, smooth and wonderful even though I'm not using any conditioner or moisturizing treatments.

Is this ok? Will it damage my hair over time to use only shampoo? It feels wonderful now, but are there and long-term risks from not using conditioner? Lots of people do CO, but I've never heard of SO! I'm actually really surprised by this as usually my hair freaks out if I don't super-moisturize it...

All suggestions are welcome!

spidermom
October 14th, 2011, 02:35 PM
I don't see any harm in going without conditioner since you don't need it to manage your hair. That may change as it gets longer.

Another option is to apply conditioner to the length before washing, then rinsing shampoo and conditioner away together.

arielįgua
October 14th, 2011, 02:57 PM
NO! Do not worry!
I've used that shampoo for very long (15 years). I had blonde hair as a baby, dark blonde as a child (until 12) and after that I became a light brown head. :)
I kept using it though, because it made my hair feel thick (not dry or damaged) but healthy thick.
I've only stopped using it because I found a shampoo that makes the same thing but has rosemary. (I love rosemary *.*)!!! Otherwise I would still be using the same chamomile Klorane shampoo. :)
I do like Klorane shampoos, I've tried most of them.
Here where I live, they are pharmacy shampoos and quite expensive, so I think they have quality. I can't complain! But probably you'll have to experiment and see if your hair will react well with that shampoo. Keep using it, if you see bad effects, just stop. Simple. eheheh :D

Hugs

ktani
October 14th, 2011, 02:58 PM
It does not sound as if your hair needs conditioner. See how it goes.

There is at least one other member here who does not use conditioner (or any kind of rinse following shampoo). Her hair is natually oily. She has absolutely gorgeous long hair and she started this now mammoth thread. Her name is mellie.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=16951

ETA: She uses no oils on her hair ends either.

MychelleC
October 14th, 2011, 03:21 PM
This is a very well-formulated shampoo, with SLeS and Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate as the primary surfactants, and Glycol Distearate and Cocamides for conditioning. Very straightforward and gentle. If you hair doesn't need conditioner then skip it and don't worry! Maybe you will want to condition the ends as it grows out, or maybe you won't need to. Conditioners don't heal hair, they just make it smoother until you wash it again and gentle shampoos do no damage, they just wash away oils for a period of time.

Hypatia415
October 15th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Thanks everyone! I think I'm going to keep using the Klorane only and see what happens... but I'd like to have some conditioner on hand just in case. Would using a non-coney conditioner make my hair feel less lank and heavy do you think? What are some good non-cone conditioners?