PDA

View Full Version : Argan Oil

mom2fourgirls
October 14th, 2011, 12:10 PM
does anyone use Argan Oil?? I do and my hair loves it!!!!!

Vanilla
October 14th, 2011, 12:17 PM
I just tried organixs Argan shampoo and I really like it. It took me a while to figure out that I only need to shampoo once with it. I think I may replace my coconut oil with Argan oil.

Where did you get your Argan oil?

HairFaerie
October 14th, 2011, 12:37 PM
I do! My hair loves it too!
I got the 100% argan oil from the health food store. No additives, scents, etc. Just pure oil.
I mix it in a mister bottle with shea butter & distilled water and spritz my hair several times throughout the day/night.
It makes my hair incredibly soft & shiny! It's not greasy or heavy feeling at all. I also use argan full strength on my skin in various places. A little bit goes a long way & it makes my skin very soft too!

YAY for argan oil! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

AnnaJamila
October 14th, 2011, 12:41 PM
I want some sooooo bad but I can't justify the cost. :(

archel
October 14th, 2011, 02:51 PM
I use it on my hair and on my skin. It has balanced out my combination skin nicely and helped clear up my breakouts! And it makes my skin so glowy and healthy looking. It's lovely in my hair too, 3 drops is just perfect to make it soft and shiny but not too heavy.

HairFaerie
October 14th, 2011, 03:52 PM

Let me help you!

I paid $35 for my bottle of argan oil. A tiny bit goes a long way and a bottle should last you a year or so.

So, that's only $2.91 per month to have shiny, soft, beautiful hair! :)

mom2fourgirls
October 15th, 2011, 08:06 PM
I actually got it from my hairdresser when I chopped my hair to the bob haircut that I am growing out too :)

princess03
October 15th, 2011, 08:44 PM
I used some from a tester at Sephora and I can't say I loved it claimed 100% organic $14 for .5 oz... it could have been that I had used cheap condish the night before because I was out of my regular one (now Garnier slick and shine) that usually leaves my hair nappy but still I was expecting someThing but it was just not good enough for me to fork over $14. I just purchased pure jojoba oil and my hair loved it!

thelittlestdoc
October 15th, 2011, 10:31 PM

I'm the same way! I don't know, my hair just likes a large amount of oil considering the length--I'll stick with my coconut for heavy oiling and jojoba for daily use :D

Babs1551
October 16th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Argan Oil Under $10

http://www.amazon.com/Watts-Beauty-ArganGold-TM-1oz/dp/B005GXVVH2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1318777989&sr=8-3

http://www.amazon.com/Golden-Pressed-Organic-Certified-Ecocert/dp/B00397XUIK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1318777989&sr=8-2

I just cough up the money because it keeps my hair moisturized beautifully :)

jojo
October 16th, 2011, 10:30 AM
ebay sells it for under £10 but its the one with cones, really nice though if you dont mind cones

moon2dove
October 17th, 2011, 12:26 PM
I have used Argan Oil for about 4 months on my hair and skin. My hair really loves it, so does my dry skin :)

Mi-chan666
October 17th, 2011, 01:11 PM
I used it for a while, and I am not quite sure what to think.

I used it as a leave in oil, but I also tried it as a deep treatment the night before washing my hair.

Neither really helped that much, to be honest. My hair was exactly like it would have been without the Argan Oil. ^^

Blond On Blond
October 17th, 2011, 02:16 PM
I like argan oil, but I get identical results with jojoba, which is cheaper :D

honeyblonde
October 26th, 2011, 01:03 PM
I love it! Makes hair silky smooth! I love the smell too! My new favorite oil!

allmixedup88
October 26th, 2011, 02:50 PM
I stopped using my argan oil for about a month and I noticed a huuuuuuge difference. I started using argan oil about 2 days ago and my hair feels so freaking soft and beautiful. It is light and does not feel all gross and heavy like with grapeseed/coconut/olive oil

Avital88
October 26th, 2011, 02:59 PM
yes i have the oil somewhere and i also have a very nice argan shampoo,but i always use it for my daughters hair :))its really good stuff,but im ot so much into oiling nowadays anymore,my hair gets greasy faster than before

In2wishin
October 26th, 2011, 03:04 PM

Majestic Mountain Sage: $8.45 for 4 oz http://www.thesage.com/catalog/fullcat.html#section24

Camden-Grey Essential Oils: $10.50 for 4 oz http://www.camdengrey.com/essential-oils/argan-oil.html

This is pure argan oil, no additives. Not fancy packaging and no fancy name but high quality.