PDA

View Full Version : Lazy Heidi Crown

Eirelin
October 14th, 2011, 09:57 AM
I didn't feel like doing anything with my hair but it is overdue for washing, so I figured I would just throw it up to get it out of the way for a little while. Since I am not going anywhere for a few hours, I figured it didn't matter how it looked.

So, I had an idea and decided to try it. I started with 2 loose (as it turns out, a little too loose) upside-down Dutch lace braids, meaning starting from the nape, going up the back and finishing off as English. Since they were upside down, they ended up being basically French braids, but I am more comfortable doing Dutch. After I had these 2 braids tied off, I took one and coiled it around, tucking the end in and securing it with 2 hairpins. Then I coiled the other braid over and around it, tucking its end into the center of the circle and underneath the first one, again securing it with 2 hairpins. Then I tucked in a couple of bobby pins to make it a little more secure, and that was it.

It is very messy right now, too loose on the original braids, and next time I will either start with a single braid up the back that separates into the twin braids or I will just make the 2 twin braids right next to each other. Either way, it was much easier than doing a crown (for everyone whose fingers suddenly suffer from dyslexia when trying a crown), and I don't have the part up the back that you get with Heidi braids (I hate that). Depending on how you arrange the twin braids, it could be either the crown or the Heidi/milkmaid braids, whichever you prefer.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn245/Eirelin/Hair/DSCN7008.jpg http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn245/Eirelin/Hair/DSCN7006.jpg http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn245/Eirelin/Hair/DSCN7009.jpg

I will try it again later and show updated pictures. This was just basically to give you an idea.

Shelly
October 14th, 2011, 10:04 AM
It looks beautiful.

kamikaze hair
October 14th, 2011, 10:05 AM
I love this hairstyle, and your hair looks so nice, so full :D. I'll definitely have to try it when i grow out more layers and have more volume.

bna_rapunzel
October 14th, 2011, 10:14 AM
That's beautiful. I do something similar very often, but with only one single dutch braid going downwards. The creativity of a long hair ;)
I'm gonna try the upside down dutch as soon as I get home! Ahhh I'm excited :D thank you for the idea!!!

I tried a crown braid two days ago and felt like I forgot how to braid halfway through hahahaha. I'm glad my fingers aren't the only dyslexic ones around here when it comes to a crown lol.

Red Rapunzel
October 14th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Oooooh! Beautiful!

spidermom
October 14th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Good idea! Like you, I hate the way the back looks with heidi braids.

ElusiveMuse
October 14th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Your hair is gorgeous.

I love this style, and wouldn't it look pretty to pin a flower in the middle of the coil?

Madora
October 14th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Very lovely, Eirelin!

Eirelin
October 14th, 2011, 10:58 AM
It looks beautiful.

Thank you :)

I love this hairstyle, and your hair looks so nice, so full :D. I'll definitely have to try it when i grow out more layers and have more volume.

My hair is not very thick and since it desperately needs washing today, it is really flat and... lank. I also have a lot of layers. I didn't have a chance to check out your profile right now, but if it's not long enough for a crown but you can get any kind of twin braids going, you might be able to get a Heidi version.

That's beautiful. I do something similar very often, but with only one single dutch braid going downwards. The creativity of a long hair ;)
I'm gonna try the upside down dutch as soon as I get home! Ahhh I'm excited :D thank you for the idea!!!

I tried a crown braid two days ago and felt like I forgot how to braid halfway through hahahaha. I'm glad my fingers aren't the only dyslexic ones around here when it comes to a crown lol.

I finally figured out how to do the crown pretty easily, but when the hair needs to be washed, it does not work well at all! And when I'm feeling lazy, I always lose track and get that "switched hands here" bump going on.

Oooooh! Beautiful!

Thank you!

Good idea! Like you, I hate the way the back looks with heidi braids.

Yeah, I had Heidi braids in the other day because I didn't feel like doing a crown but was in the mood for something like that (after reading about Yulia Tymoshenko again). It looked really pretty from the front and even the sides, but when I checked the back, it just looked dorky to me with that silly scalp line running up the back, like a seam.

Your hair is gorgeous.

I love this style, and wouldn't it look pretty to pin a flower in the middle of the coil?

Thank you :) I don't really have any of those flower pins but I really wish I did. I only have my scalemaille flowers, and they are too small to fit in that circle. maybe someone else could try a neat version of this and put a flower in so we can see how it looks.

Very lovely, Eirelin!

Thank you! I always love yours, especially your avatar!

:cheese:

After all the nice comments, I am definitely going to have to re-do it later neatly. I can really see where the back messed up from being too loose (and did I mention that it needs to be washed??), especially on the right-hand side.

Yozhik
October 14th, 2011, 11:26 AM
What a gorgeous updo and great idea. I'm definitely going to try this out.

Also, your color is amazing! :thud:

Nessie_
October 14th, 2011, 11:42 AM
That is a very nice hairstyle! Great job.

newbeginning
October 14th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Your hair looks so thick. Beautiful style.