View Full Version : A year of LHC :-)

Kyaatje
October 14th, 2011, 01:19 AM
last year around September I discovered the LHC and after lurking for a month I decided to join.
At that point I was already growing for about a year, starting point was a pixy. When my hair was long enough I put in fake dreads for a while : to help my hair adjust to less frequent washings and to avoid the awkward stages LOL
The first pic I have for you is my hairtyping photo from last year October :

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s109/kyaatje/hair/P1000523.jpg

Although you can't see it in this pic the left side of my head had been shaven a couple of months before (I really liked the look, but growing it out : ouch !)

I didn't think off taking hair photo's until recently so this in one from may this year :

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s109/kyaatje/hair/P1000630.jpg

and june :

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s109/kyaatje/Snapbucket/C6011402-orig.jpg

and then we jump to October, with freshly put in pink streaks (but without combing it LOL)

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s109/kyaatje/P1000670.jpg

Funny was that last night DH noticed I had the pink streaks and liked them but told me never to bleach my hair again for something like this because it is too damaging .... isn't he sweet :cheese:

bunzfan
October 14th, 2011, 03:10 AM
You have had a lot of growth. Congratulations on your hair anniversary:)

Night_Kitten
October 14th, 2011, 03:35 AM
Congratulations!
You definitely had good growth :)

pepperminttea
October 14th, 2011, 04:19 AM
Goodness, I love your wave pattern. Happy LHCiversary! :)

Roscata
October 14th, 2011, 04:22 AM
Happy anniversary! :D

Kyaatje
October 14th, 2011, 05:39 AM
Thank guys :-)

That is why I like the idea of taking pictures : I thought I had no growth or at best a slow growth but it is not that bad LOL

@peppermintea : strange how I have a problem excepting my wave pattern :$ It just looks unkempt to me, not really wavy LOL

uptosomeone
October 14th, 2011, 08:32 AM
You lucky girl, you have naturally have the hair I've always wanted. It looks gorgeous! Even unbrushed. :D :D

Rocket22
October 14th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Happy Anniversary!!!! You have had amazing progress. Keep taking those pictures. Just when you think nothing is happening the pictures tell you otherwise :)

lapushka
October 14th, 2011, 08:57 AM
That's amazing growth. Congrats!

Yozhik
October 14th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Happy anniversary!

That's some great progress. :)
I really like your waves, too.

Also, it's great how thick your hair looks even with one of the sides growing out from being shaved -- you must have really thick hair!

SpinDance
October 14th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Happy Anniversary! You've definitely made progress, and it looks like you've had a lot of fun with your hair in that time, too.

CurlyMopTop
October 14th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Wow that's a lot of growth for 1 year. I wish mine would grow that fast! :D
I love the pink streaks by the way. :)

Kyaatje
October 14th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Thanks everybody :-)

Aqua Gal
October 14th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Congratulations on some great growth. Love the waves.

CC-Bale
October 14th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Your hair is cute with Pink in it. Happy Anniversary.

oktobergoud
October 14th, 2011, 03:44 PM
You have amazing hair, I love your texture! :D

Off-topic, but I went to Antwerp last week! Such a pretty city :)

princess03
October 14th, 2011, 03:52 PM
very nice !

Columbia River
October 14th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Your hair went from a Pixie to your first picture in about one year? Is your growth about an inch a month? Awesome...my hair might be like that next summer! Thanks for sharing! :)

Cirafly24
October 14th, 2011, 04:27 PM
You're hair is lovely! Happy anniversary :D

JessL
October 14th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Wow! Awesome growth!

Mopolop
October 14th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Your hair a year ago is the kinda the length mine is now.

And I've just joined LHC.

In a year I'll try and remember to post a similar thread to this one of my hair growth. And hopefully it'll be as nice as yours :)

thelittlestdoc
October 14th, 2011, 09:17 PM
I am in LOVE with your pink streaks--I've been wanting to do some blue streaks in the underlayers of my hair, but am scared of the bleach. :)

Kyaatje
October 14th, 2011, 11:09 PM
You have amazing hair, I love your texture! :D

Off-topic, but I went to Antwerp last week! Such a pretty city :)

Thank you :)
Next time you come to Antwerp look me up in the Lush shop there :p

Your hair went from a Pixie to your first picture in about one year? Is your growth about an inch a month? Awesome...my hair might be like that next summer! Thanks for sharing! :)

My hair always grows crazy quick from short to about shoulder or a bit longer and then it slows down LOL
I like long hair but part of the reason for growing long is to see how far I get and not to have the upkeep of short hair : this is so much easier :D

I am in LOVE with your pink streaks--I've been wanting to do some blue streaks in the underlayers of my hair, but am scared of the bleach. :)

Well I wanted coloured streaks for ages and was afraid of the bleach but after a while (much much more then the 14 days ;)) I decided to go for it. Although it is a bit unruly and I get a split end now and again in the finer hairs my hair is overall healthy and didn't have them bleach everything just some strokes. Part of the fun (for me) of having my hair, be it short or long, is doing crazy things with it. To have a bit of an individual style.
So if you really really want them : go for it. If you keep having doubts : don't because you are going to regret is. Do what YOU want to :p

Hmm I thought I quoted somebody else too (but at that time kitty thought my laptop was an interesting place to come and rest)

Sorry I don't remember your name : but my hair isn't actually that thick I think :confused: It must be the way it looks on the photo's. My strands have a variation of fine to really course and when I measured it last year for my profile it was a ii and not more (ok I haven't measured again after my side grew in a bit, maybe I should do that, but still I was on the lower side of the ii's)