PDA

View Full Version : Not sure about Manic Panic

oscarthehamster
October 13th, 2011, 05:52 PM
If my hair colour is between dark blonde and light brown would the Turqouise Amplified (not a speller over here) show up in my hair well ?

Sorry if this has already been asked, I searched for it but nothing came up! :p

xoxophelia
October 13th, 2011, 06:04 PM
It would show up but I would imagine your hair might look like a bit of a mucky color.

oscarthehamster
October 13th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Lol ! Thanks for telling me, I wouldn't want a mucky colour :p

Maverick494
October 13th, 2011, 06:11 PM
^^I agree. With the brown tinge mixed in it can turn murky very quickly.

On a sidenote, when making posts, would you please not do it in that blue colour? It hurts my eyes and makes it very hard to read.

Shorty89
October 13th, 2011, 06:17 PM
I'd try a strand test to see, but my hair took to Vampire red easily and it's darker than yours.

candycandace
October 13th, 2011, 06:20 PM
I tried to use manic Panic purple dye over my natural auburn hair once and it show up that well, I'm pretty sure it had to do with the fact that 1) I was dying over virgin hair and 2)the base color for the dye was too dark to make the dye noticeable. Maybe lighten it a little before dyeing it with such a bright color?

candycandace
October 13th, 2011, 06:22 PM
I tried to use manic Panic purple dye over my natural auburn hair once and it show up that well, I'm pretty sure it had to do with the fact that 1) I was dying over virgin hair and 2)the base color for the dye was too dark to make the dye noticeable. Maybe lighten it a little before dyeing it with such a bright color?
*it DIDN'T show up...sorry I'm a newbie and can't edit my mistakes. :/

spidermom
October 13th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Manic Panic shows up great in my hair. I'd doing the turquoise pretty soon.

Vanille_
October 13th, 2011, 06:28 PM
I just did the vampire red on dark brown hair and it turned up great :)

oscarthehamster
October 13th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Huh, well it sounds like everyone has different results, it just depends on the person ? I guess I will just have to try and see if it works.

battles
October 13th, 2011, 06:57 PM
I think if you'd like to use that type of dye without bleaching your hair before, you'd be better off to go with a darker color. I had pretty good luck with purple and darker pink colors.

oscarthehamster
October 13th, 2011, 07:02 PM
I wouldn't mind a darker pink, though I'm not sure what would suit me as I'm very pale with freckles :o

julliams
October 13th, 2011, 09:04 PM
I found this http://www.manicpanic.com/frequently_asked_qs.html which might help. It explains why the reds work better over the blues on natural hair. You can always do a strand test.

Kyla
October 13th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Oh my, bright colors are lovely in the hair, but not so much as font! :)

I would highly recommend that strand test. HIGHLY. It's much better than risking a weird color that you're stuck with for a bit. Good luck!

oscarthehamster
October 14th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Thank you for your advice (and I'm not going to use that colour anymore for fonts LOL).

furnival
October 14th, 2011, 08:49 AM
I dyed my dark blonde hair turquoise with Directions dye (similar to MP) a while ago, and was horrified with the dingy, murky, browny- turquoise result. I looked like a drowned mermaid. The colour drained the life out of my complexion too, and I'm fairly dark. However, I have seen it look great on people too- Kettle for one, have a look at her green hair album if you've got enough posts. I now dye mine purply- red with Directions, and I'm really happy with the result. :pumpkin:

oscarthehamster
October 14th, 2011, 05:01 PM
I don't have enough posts quite yet to view albums. I will check it out once I do :cool:

Alex Lou
October 14th, 2011, 05:41 PM
I dyed my auburn hair blue-green. And you'd think it would be mucky since my natural color is the opposite of green, but it was the same color as in the bottle. It wasn't manic panic brand though, just saying that it's possible. It will be darker than your natural color too.