PDA

View Full Version : Aaaaaaaaaaaand remind me to not use cassia again!

GracieRae
October 13th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Oh yuck! My hair feels gross. Waxy? Stiff? I don't know, can't put my finger on it. I got my cassia from henna hut so I think it was good quality. I washed and conditioned this morning. Oh and the lingering hay smell. I guess it's not for everyone LOL :)

spidermom
October 13th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Now tell me ... are you really going to need reminding?

I've never tried cassia, but I hated how henna made my hair feel - all gritty and brittle and awful. It did calm down after a few washing/conditionings. I hope your hair does, too.

GracieRae
October 13th, 2011, 02:12 PM
I'm pretty stubborn LOL but probably not!!! I know, I thought it would be an improvement by how everyone talks about cassia/henna. I guess it's not as common to not like it.

Columbia River
October 13th, 2011, 02:17 PM
My hair loves cassia, but it's weird, it likes hard water too. After my first time using cassia, it returned to it's normal texture in about four washings.

Delila
October 15th, 2011, 10:10 AM
My hair always needs a bit of extra moisture after a cassia treatment.

Using a CO conditioner to wash out the excess, then using a heavy moisture conditioner seems to sort it out for me.

(but I admit that I haven't cassia'd in the last few months, just not in the mood.)

Carolyn
October 15th, 2011, 10:37 AM
I wouldn't touch cassia again. Nasty stuff. It turned my hair green. Sorry you had such a bad experience too.

Nordlilja
October 15th, 2011, 10:59 AM
My hair does not like cassia. Long time ao, I bought "neutral henna" and was very dissapointed with the results, it was a tangled mess, horrible. But real henna does miracles for my hair. I wonder why so many people have similar results with henna and cassia, since it really is two different plants?

LittleB
October 15th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Wow, good to know. I considered it but was way too nervous to commit!

Alvrodul
October 15th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Cassia (and henna) aren't for everyone. They give shine and manageability (and color) to a lot of those who try them, but there are a few like you who end up with epically bad results. (My hair loooooves henna, though - the color and the shine is wonderful, and my hair gets lovely, silky and manageable as a result)
At least the cassia isn't permanent - and I hope your hair will soon be back to its happy self again!:)

Dreams_in_Pink
October 15th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Haven't tried cassia but i know that henna has an oxidation period in which the color's brightest and hair acts awkward. Give it a few days, maybe cassia oxidizes too.