PDA

View Full Version : One ponytail caused shedding?

AngryVikingGirl
October 13th, 2011, 08:08 AM
I'm going through the WO transition (3rd week) and the day before yesterday I put my hair into a tight ponytail. Now my hair feels thinner. Do you think it could cause increased shedding? My scalp hurt when I released my hair, I massaged my head afterwards. I know ponytails are not that good, but still, I didn't think it would do this. Actually I only washed my hair with water after two weeks of NW, and plan to wait another fortnight until the next wash (it'll be on Saturday), so I thought this also can be the reason, but my scalp is completely OK, my hair is only greasy, so it seems to be OK. Well, if it's the ponytail, it's just occasional (and avoidable), not a permanent problem e.g. nutrition, so it's better.

Alaia
October 13th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Probably not caused by the ponytail.

Did you notice loads of shed hairs rather than it just feeling thinner? It could be the tension of the ponytail has made it feel thinner and less voluminous (I see you have some waves, these would probably have been pulled out at least in the part that would have been tightly pulled back on your scalp).

AngryVikingGirl
October 13th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Ooh, that sounds very soothing! No, in my brush it was normal washed-long-ago quantity of hair, same on floor. Now I feel much better. Thanks! BTW I'm not so sure I have waves now! :? Some body-waves sometimes...