PDA

View Full Version : Itchy scalp, need be concerned?

KwaveT
October 12th, 2011, 06:24 PM
I have noticed in about three or four weeks that I have been CO that my scalp has gotten a little itchy. Mother walked up to me and picked my scalp and got some flakes. I though I had got rid of dandruff. Just simply running my hand through my head I don't see dandruff come off my head anymore. I used to could run my hand through my head and set off a white dust storm with it. I stopped shampoo because of my oil problems. I want to give some time to see if oil problem will regulate itself. I don't want to go back to shampoo at least yet.

danacc
October 12th, 2011, 09:20 PM
If it is bothering you, you may want to try shampooing just the scalp area once, then going back to CO. Some scalps like to be cleaner than CO will get them.

teal
October 12th, 2011, 11:00 PM
If you're waiting for oil production to regulate, and especially if you're stretching washes, it'll probably be a few more weeks before you notice a change. I did have a bit more dandruff than usual when I was first stretching washes. It would show up a few days after my wash day (I was going from 2-3x/week to once a week or less). Things settled down around 5-6 weeks for me.

Edit: I don't have fungal problems. If your dandruff is the result of a medical issue, you might have to find another solution.

Rebeccalaurenxx
October 12th, 2011, 11:33 PM
I have dandruff and I tried co-washing for about 3 weeks and I just COULDN'T do it. Week 1 was fine, my hair and scalp seemed happy, week two was itchy and week 3 my dandruff got worse. So I shampoo my hair again now, but with a sulfate free shampoo. Tea tree sulfate free shampoos should help, if you want to shampoo still but without the harsh effects of sulfates. Giovanni makes one I believe.