PDA

View Full Version : First LHC Anniversary

<3OnHerSleeve
October 12th, 2011, 05:17 PM
:cheese: Yay, I finally made it for my first anniversary. Ok, so warning I actually cut all my hair off to start again but the quality of my hair is SO amazingly improved since I first joined, not to mention all the good habits that I've picked up from being on LHC has increased my hair growth rate from about .3-.4 in a month to .5-2.5 in (yes one month my hair grew freakishly over two inches, then the next month is stalled not surprisingly).

So first of all: this was a picture taken the day before I joined the LHC: 12 Oct 2010
http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff363/bemezmerized/Hair%20Growth%20for%20LongHairCommunity/Picture001.jpg
Admittedly brushed and pre-good habits, my hair had been crucified in 2008 by a perm, a relaxer, bleached highlights several times and dyed quite a few times, not to mention on top of it all every week or two I was curling or straightening it (yes all this happened to my poor hair in just one year, let alone all the dying and highlighting I did afterwards)

8 months later my hair's quality drastically improved from not dying or bleaching and many microtrims but it was still not 'growing' because of all the damage. My natural curls had returned happily:wannabe:. June 2011
http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff363/bemezmerized/Hair%20Growth%20for%20LongHairCommunity/270185_10150226217153198_662178197_7226281_7122935 _n.jpg

It took a lot of debating with myself, but I finally made the decision I should have made 3 years ago and cut all the dye and damage out to start again: Sept 2011
http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff363/bemezmerized/Hair%20Growth%20for%20LongHairCommunity/16Sept11004.jpg
:scissors:I cut my hair July and maintained till the dye grew out and my hair has been growing like crazy. Unlike what my hair was previously like, you can actually see that the length is longer despite the curls and waves but I don't have a good picture that shows it for the LHC because I was in my pjs in August when I did my final cut although it is in my albums. In the picture above my hair is brushed so the curls aren't evident but my hair is SO shiny and soft and not a split end or white dot in sight in the past 2 months that I haven't trimmed it. I used to not be able to go for two weeks when I first started at the LHC without having to do a microtrim or S&D. :eek:

Thank you for all the support on the LHC and with the rate my hair is currently growing at, I can't wait to share my second anniversary and see what my hair is like then :cloud9:

Rocket22
October 12th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Yay happy anniversary!!!! I bet the new ends feel amazing!!! If I had the guts I would do it too! :)

Vanille_
October 12th, 2011, 05:49 PM
You made a hard choice, but way to go!

It looks beautiful and I'm sure you are going to be thankful down the line!

Aqua Gal
October 12th, 2011, 07:08 PM
It's such a great feeling to start fresh. Love your curls!

<3OnHerSleeve
October 12th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Thanks girls :) I'm really happy with my short hair and yet at the same time I'm just as determined to grow my hair long :P

SoulOfTheSea
October 12th, 2011, 09:03 PM
I know what it's like to cut off all the damage and start fresh, I chopped from past waist to collarbone length last April, and my hair has never been healthier! Congrats on your great hair, and here's to great growth! :)

bunzfan
October 13th, 2011, 01:55 AM
Considering how wavy your hair is you were brave to cut the damage off but its worth it, i cut about 2 inches a while back and the difference in the growth is amazing.

Happy hair anniversary and i can't wait to see your 2 year anniversary bet your hair will look great:D

cindy58
October 13th, 2011, 02:28 AM
Happy Anniversary, looks like you're off to a great new beginning!

I've also cut my hair a couple of times recently and been surprised how fast it grows again.

Roscata
October 13th, 2011, 02:32 AM
Happy anniversary! I'm glad your hair is in better condition. Happy growing from now on. :D

pepperminttea
October 13th, 2011, 03:28 AM
Sometimes a fresh start is the way to go; your hair looks lovely for it, too! :)

Rhodugune
October 13th, 2011, 03:47 AM
You are so brave!
Congratulations, you have such lovely waves, I looking forward to see how you waves look while your hair grows longer and longer. :flowers:

freckles
October 13th, 2011, 04:09 AM
congratulations on one year! I'm glad you're enjoying your hair's health!

Lapin
October 13th, 2011, 07:35 AM
oh wow! your hair looks so full and healthy! i bet it'll be fun to grow that out :)

BlndeInDisguise
October 13th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Congratulations! Your hair looks so beautiful and healthy!