PDA

View Full Version : Accidental trim

BelleBot
October 12th, 2011, 08:35 AM
I went to the gym today and foolishly decided to wear my hair in just a ponytail. Well it got all over the place and I was cursing myself for not braiding it instead. But the biggest problem was when I was using the rowing machine. My hair got caught between the seat and the runner :eek: It managed it slice an inch or so off my ends!
Oh the hazards of long hair. That'll teach me to wear it up in future.:o

Anyone else had any accidental trims?

isabelx
October 12th, 2011, 08:38 AM
I've caught it in an electric fan quite a few times when I was little, I remember having to cut it out, leaving me with a hairy fan :D

Bazinga
October 12th, 2011, 08:43 AM
I once lost a huge amount of hair in a blow dryer. I wanted to examine the blow dryer because it smelled like it was burning and I turned it around so that the part where air gets sucked into the blow dryer sucked in my hair. I had a little piece of super short hair right under my (then new cut) fringe. I used to regularly cut it short again so that it wouldn't stick out.:rolleyes:

spidermom
October 12th, 2011, 09:12 AM
I've had an accidental thinning, like the time I was squatting in the kitchen playing with my puppy. I stood up and lost about 8-10 hairs that had wandered into the lower cabinet hinge. OW!

isabelx
October 12th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Just want to say I love your new signature pic spidermom!

Gabriel
October 12th, 2011, 09:36 AM
I can't remember which side it was on but a couple of years ago I accidentally got a large section trimmed off by about four inches from the ends by the metal zipper on a hoodie I was wearing. I zipped it up and it was a windy day and my hair was in a ponytail or something and when I looked I had a nice sized chunk of cut off ends blowing away.

unheardletters
October 12th, 2011, 10:34 AM
I used to continually lose chunks of hair in various things, like blowdriers, electric fans, car doors, windows, etc.
A few times I lost huge chunks of hair because, while I asleep at night sometimes, my cat decided my hair was food...

Yame
October 12th, 2011, 11:45 AM
I've had an accidental thinning, like the time I was squatting in the kitchen playing with my puppy. I stood up and lost about 8-10 hairs that had wandered into the lower cabinet hinge. OW!

Ouch!

It's been twice now that I went into a forward dip (not sure what else to call it) when dancing and when I got up I ripped off a few hairs that I accidentally stepped on.

Amber_Maiden
October 12th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Agh! I remember when I got my hair caught in my mailbox and didn't notice! The sharp metal (why it was THIS sharp I have no idea!). It got 3in off me!

Sakuracha
October 12th, 2011, 04:07 PM
A button on the back of my trench coat that I had to finally cut off due to hair catching and ripping out.

katienoonan
October 12th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Just want to say I love your new signature pic spidermom!

Agreed! :-D xxXx

Mannaz
October 12th, 2011, 04:18 PM
A few times I lost huge chunks of hair because, while I asleep at night sometimes, my cat decided my hair was food...

This has happened to me too a few times... Maybe the things we put in our hair are too delicious!

Modarunner
October 13th, 2011, 01:10 AM
My dh seems to have it out for my hair. He always seems to catch it with his hand or arm when we are lying down and my hair is loose. I've had to perfect the hair sweep, where I have to sweep it to the side away from my dh to protect it.

Kyla
October 13th, 2011, 02:01 AM
A button on the back of my trench coat that I had to finally cut off due to hair catching and ripping out.

I feel like I have been battling these kinds of buttons my entire life...

Night_Kitten
October 13th, 2011, 06:25 AM

One of my cats used to play with my hair hanging down from the side of the bed while I was asleep... It usually woke me up after a while, but by then my ends were already chewed and clawd, LOL
But I loved her so much I always forgave her everything...