PDA

View Full Version : Have I found cone free VO5 in UK?

Hamh
October 12th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Hello all,

On the allusive trail of cone less conditioners I decide to try my local pound shop which is Pound Land (after comments on cone free uk thread). I'm desperate for the strawberry one!!

So I have come back with conditioners of Kiwi Lime and Stawberries & Cream under the make of Daily Defense.

Lots of ingredients but are any of them cones??
Water (aqua), stearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, cetrimonium chloride, polyquarternium-7, soymilk, calcium carbonate, sea salt, retinyl palmitate (vitamin A palmitate), eugocalciferol (vitamin D2), riboflavin (vitamin B2), vitamin B12, panthenol, soluble collagen, hydrolyzed silk, hydrolyzed elastin, tocopherols, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) leaf extract, achillea millefolium (yarrow) extract, cymbopogon schoenantus (lemongrass) extract, humulus lupulus (hops) extract, rosemary officinalis (rosemary) extract, Melissa officinalis leaf (balm mint) extract, arctium lappa (burdock) root extract, equisetum hyemale (horsetail) extract, lawsonia infermis (henna) extract, prunus serotina (wild cherry) bark extract, fragrance, dmdm hydantoin, chondus crispus (carrageen) extract, ascorbic acid, niacinamide fragrance, dmdm hydantoin citric acid, red 40 (cl 16035), red 33 (cl 17200).

Phew!!

Anyone have USA VO5 to compare it to? (this is the strawberry one). It smells amazing anyway so even if it's got nasties I think I'm still going to dump it on my head

isabelx
October 12th, 2011, 08:21 AM
It looks cone free to me :) It does have protein in though, just thought I'd mention as some people's hair doesn't like protein.

Mairéad
October 12th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Yes, no cone in sight but beware if your hair isn't fond of protein. It's really different than US VO5 that's for sure!

Oksana
October 12th, 2011, 10:26 AM
I've tried the strawberry and cream...it really does smell amazing! I did find it needed to be diluted or i ended up using half the bottle!

Mrspuddinhead
October 12th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Newbie here. How would one know if there hair doesn't like protein?? I've been using the VO5 for a while because of the price. Could the protein make my hair feel dry?? If that is the cause then I will gladly go back to garnier fructis.

hermosamendoza
September 15th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Newbie here. How would one know if there hair doesn't like protein?? I've been using the VO5 for a while because of the price. Could the protein make my hair feel dry?? If that is the cause then I will gladly go back to garnier fructis.

I am curious about this too. How will I know if my hair doesn't like too much protein? Will it have a lot of fly aways?

Kelikea
September 15th, 2012, 10:42 AM
I have the VO5 Moisture Milks strawberries & cream conditioner and the ingredients are different from what you got.
Water, cetyl alcohol, stearalkonium chloride, cetrimonium chloride, frangrance, glyceryl stearate, DMDM hdantoin, disodium EDTA, Red 33, polysorbate 20, propylene glycol, stearyl alcohol, stereth-21, tocopheryl acetate, soymilk panthenol, ascorbic acid, strawberry leaf extract, niacinamide, biotin.

I like this one, but also like all the extracts in the one you got. My hair seems to like protein, as almost all of my products contain protein and my hair is just the same as always.

melusine963
September 15th, 2012, 11:07 AM
I hate it when products change their ingredients from country to country. I recently bought some coconut suave conditioner in the US. Then I visited my friend in Canada, used the same conditioner that she had bought locally, and had it react completely differently with my hair. :justy:

Loviatar
September 15th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Those are fine! Beware though as I got caught out by Daily Defence - I had two cone free ones, bought another couple and they had dimethicone. That will teach me to ALWAYS read labels even when I know the brand!

gthlvrmx
September 15th, 2012, 12:05 PM
I am curious about this too. How will I know if my hair doesn't like too much protein? Will it have a lot of fly aways?

this is kinda old but it will look kinda fly away but also, it will feel DRY like hay and will feel very brittle and stiff. this can lead to breakage because of the stiffness, not enough moisture to bend around and stretch. and it tangles a lot more. My mom had protein overload and she switched to using my ocean breeze and now her hair is softer than ever!