PDA

View Full Version : How much quicker did castor oil make your hair grow?

infinity_girl
October 12th, 2011, 04:03 AM
I've been using castor oil for a while now (mostly on my eyelashes and eyebrows) but use it on my scalp too as much as is possible.

Has anyone who has used castor oil for a long time (6 months +) actually recorded how much quicker their hair has grown using castor oil (for example after dying and recording new root growth?). How often did you use it?

Night_Kitten
October 12th, 2011, 06:44 AM
I used castor oil for deep oiling every week overnight before wash for 5-6 months, and unfortunately saw no change in my growth rate...
I did notice more babyhairs though

archel
October 12th, 2011, 06:45 AM
My growth sped up some (I don't measure but I have to henna more), but what I really noticed was all the new growth. I'm going to wind up with thicker hair and that's ok with me!

Chetanlaiho
October 12th, 2011, 07:54 AM
I also have a question for the castor oil users so I hope you're okay with me butting in here ^^; did anyone notice excessive shedding the first few uses? I shed quite a crazy amount as soon as oil touches my scalp, I'm hoping once my scalp gets used to it it'll stop doing that because this is kind of my last hope for stopping my shedding and getting back to my old thickness =(

skyblue
October 12th, 2011, 08:12 AM
I've been using it since January once a week, I haven't noticed any faster growth but I did get a few more hairs on my hair line enough to give myself some bangs lol!!

Bazinga
October 12th, 2011, 08:39 AM
I also have a question for the castor oil users so I hope you're okay with me butting in here ^^; did anyone notice excessive shedding the first few uses? I shed quite a crazy amount as soon as oil touches my scalp, I'm hoping once my scalp gets used to it it'll stop doing that because this is kind of my last hope for stopping my shedding and getting back to my old thickness =(

I noticed a lot of shedding, too. I have been using castor oil for a few weeks now (once or twice a week on my scalp) and every time I pull out handfulls of shed hair (which is ok for me because I just started collecting my shed hairs for clip-in-extensions :p ). I haven't noticed that my hair got thinner though. I have some new hair growth. My guess is that I do not really shed that much hair because of the oil but because I brush my hair only twice a day with my Tangle Teezer. There are hardly any hairs in it every time. Since most people shed 80-100 hairs a day they must be still in my hair when I wash it and then it comes all out at once.

archel
October 12th, 2011, 09:31 AM
I just shed like a beast no matter what I'm doing, so who knows. (Seriously, I just pulled a HUUUUUGE wad of my own hair out of the lint trap in the dryer this morning...I think I'm worse than my 2 cats)

ElusiveMuse
October 12th, 2011, 09:33 AM

I stopped using it for this reason. I figure not everything works for everyone in the same way. I shed so much I was worried I was getting sick or something.