PDA

View Full Version : Grow hair faster - how?

QWERT
October 11th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Hi!

I wanted to ask you if there is some way to make your hair grow longer that actually works. I'd prefer natural methods that don't involve the use of any chemical products on my hair.

I've read that there is "no scientifically proved" way to make your hair grow faster, but I thought that if someone had any tip or advice, it would be here ;)

Thanks in advance!

CaityBear
October 11th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Oh honey, use the search feature. There are probably a million thread asking the same exact thing! You'll find plenty of info in those million threads. :)

Lucky
October 12th, 2011, 12:45 AM
There is a thread on using roiboo tea http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=71576&highlight=roiboos+experiment

and another on using castor oil http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=18265

There's also a huge thread on using Monistat for hair growth (yes, you read that right), but that might not interest you if you'd rather avoid any chemicals.

I think quicker hair growth is kind of a Holy Grail for many of us on these boards :)

Avital88
October 12th, 2011, 12:45 AM
meditation, nutrition, scalp massaging,oiling,supplements, stretch washes to name a few. good luck

xoxophelia
October 12th, 2011, 02:50 AM
Try to stay healthy, get enough sun, don't crash diet, sleep enough, work out moderately on a regular basis, wear your hair in gentle updos.

pepperminttea
October 12th, 2011, 05:53 AM
Use common sense. Be patient. :flower:

StormVixen
October 12th, 2011, 08:33 AM
speed up time ;)

Madora
October 12th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Avoid heat styling..blow frying/hot curlers
Treat your hair gently by always detangling with a wide tooth comb before brushing.

Airdry your hair!

It is HOW you detangle that makes a difference!

Wear your hair UP to protect delicate ends

Try using a silk pillowcase to protect those ends

Trim your hair every 3 to 4 months

S & D (Search and Destroy) regularly

Use a pure boar bristle brush (no nylon!)

Eat healthy and drink plenty of water

And don't wash the dickens out of your hair! Once a week should be enough (unless your hair is oily)

Above all, be patient!

Debra83
October 12th, 2011, 08:59 AM
vitamins, when you wash use conditioner - shampoo - conditioner (cwc), use a wide tooth comb. Don't comb your hair wet unless you have TONS of conditioner on it first, DON'T CUT OR TRIM too often (you'd be amazed at how hard that is), eat well, sleep well.

Different "tricks": MSM (vitamin), garlic supplements (to decrease shedding), Megatech once in awhile, find a good leave in (I highly recommend Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Conditioner (no cones) but use a glop as a leave in), don't use blow dryer or straightener (dries out hair) very often, don't perm or bleach, Satin pillowcase, depending on hair type don't brush at all, or use a Boar Bristle brush.......hmmmm, that's all I can think of off the top of my head.....