PDA

View Full Version : Does one side of your hair grow faster?

Peanutter
October 11th, 2011, 03:56 PM
I've noticed in the past (since I started measuring at least) that the right side of my hair grows slightly faster than the left.
For instance- I measured post trim Sept 8th, hair was 14.25 on both sides. This morning, right side is aaaalllllllmost 15 inches and left side is 14.75.

I used to (before LHC)get trims every 3 months or so, but since I plan on stretching the time between trims I feel like this descrepancy will start getting bigger. This is easily fixable, but slightly odd.

Has anyone else noticed this on their own hair?

Orangerthanred
October 11th, 2011, 04:01 PM
The back of my hair grows longer than the front.

Madora
October 11th, 2011, 04:28 PM
When I was younger, the right side always grew faster than the left. Now, it is the reverse.

jadys
October 11th, 2011, 04:49 PM
When I last got a real hair cut (not a trim), i posed a question like that to the beautician. I noticed my left side was slightly less, especially when I did pigtails, braids; etc. She said sometimes growth could be stunted because of cotton pillows actually. but she also said she wasn't one to actually go out and get a silk pillow, which is better to sleep on.

KwaveT
October 11th, 2011, 07:33 PM
I suspect my right side is growing faster than my left side. That is side that I sleep on too. Go figure. I use a satin pillowcase and sheets now. That has only been last month.

Mairéad
October 11th, 2011, 07:51 PM
The fringe on the right side is just past ear and the fringe on my left is about an inch past my chin.

Yame
October 11th, 2011, 08:51 PM
I think my left side grows faster...