PDA

View Full Version : Thin hair, but very long, anybody out there?

ilovelonghair
October 11th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Is there anybody with i or (on the thinner side of) ii hair who has very long hair (tailbone and beyond)?

I got ii, but on the thin side of the scale. I saw a picture somewhere of a member who I think has similar hair to me, but it's knee length. Problem was, that was only a small picture and she doesn't have albums I can compare too.
So I hope there are people out here who do have similar hair to me, but longer!

Brianna
October 11th, 2011, 11:22 AM
I'm on the thinner side of ii, but I think most of my length from waist and down is at i now (big shed). I'm at tailbone. :)

khan
October 11th, 2011, 11:31 AM
:cheese: Waving HI. I too am on the thin side of ii. Tailbone length.

Delila
October 11th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Greetings!!

I'm hovering at fingertip length, but I've got a good bit of taper.

Definitely a i for most of my length.

No pictures though. In addition to having no camera, I'd be very hesitant to post pictures online. People who have what I believe to be an obsessive/unhealthy interest in such things creep me out, so I'd rather not feed their habit.

FrozenBritannia
October 11th, 2011, 12:32 PM
I have "i" hair, but it's not long... yet. I'm aiming for tbl. I'd love to see some pictures of really long i hair too!

embee
October 11th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Mine is just at classic, and is rather thin. I don't have a length shot, although rags took a pic of me some years back when we had a little MeetUp. For sure my hair has thinned since then (older now) so even the pic on my profile page is out of date - I can't really make that updo any more, the taper is too great. :( Bummer.

ilovelonghair
October 11th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Good to hear it is possible!

This is my hair:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7584&pictureid=105404

It grew longer in the meantime but cut it off again because the ends were so thin. So far I have only been able to grow 3 hair to tailbone :(

I need new pictures!

haibane
October 11th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Very pretty hair ilovelonghair! :)

I'm hovering around classic with some pretty serious taper. Right now my main goal is to get my hair to not be see-through at waist-length.

I know that there are a few members with very long, thin hair who posted pics before, but I forget their names. :o

Mesmerise
October 11th, 2011, 04:20 PM

This is my hair:

It grew longer in the meantime but cut it off again because the ends were so thin. So far I have only been able to grow 3 hair to tailbone :(

I need new pictures!

Your hair looks quite a bit like mine (but longer) I chopped about 4" off earlier in the year trying to get rid of see through ends. My hair is also the thinner side of ii (which I guess I'd define as hair 2.5" or less in diameter), but I'm calling myself i/ii now because of shedding so it's thinner than normal. I guess I'd be a solid low ii without the shedding (we shall see when it's regrown enough).

Unfortunately, I can't help with the question, because I have yet to achieve waist length hair with nice ends!! But I too would like to see some longer thin hair.

ilovelonghair
October 11th, 2011, 06:16 PM
For me my hair is at its thickest when I make a ponytail right on top of my head. Then it's pretty thick (well, for me it is) and there is tapering just imediately! I suspect that a third of my hair is short because it either doesn't grow long or due to some other mysterious reason.
I know this because if I take a random strand and look at the taper, the taper starts very high up already. Only a very small percentage of that strand ends up long.

I'm not sure if it is possible to break off that many hair with your glasses that a third of your hair would be permanently short. I might break a hair each 3 days on average. Even though I am ultra careful, it's impossible to not get hair caught in the glasses. You can try to take it out carefully, but you always will have some damage.
Another reason to wish for good eyesight!

Red Rapunzel
October 11th, 2011, 06:41 PM
I have classic length hair that thins out below the waist. If I were to cut back to waist it would look better but I'm trying for knee length. Will post photos when I get them.

ElusiveMuse
October 11th, 2011, 07:52 PM
My hair is just brushing waist length, but I've had it at TBL before. It is super thin, like you describe yours to be. It's decent at the ponytail, average even, but the taper is almost immediate. I'm not sure if it's damaged hair that broke off, shorter hairs that grow really slowly, or new hairs from my constant shedding. Fortunately I can get a decent curl going that hides the thinness a little (but also eats up a lot of length). I have pics in my album.

Fairlight63
October 11th, 2011, 07:54 PM
I have thin fine hair also. It is 37 1/2 the longest few hairs. I am trimming it monthly, by the New Moon - just a dusting to try to thicken it up some. I would also like to see pictures of long thin hair for inspiration. I sometimes think that my type of hair is hard to grow long because it is so fine, thin & frizzy, tangle prone.

Othala
October 12th, 2011, 04:57 AM
I have thick individual strands but a thin quantity of hair getting sparser at lower lengths.

Charlotte
October 12th, 2011, 05:44 AM
Hello ilovelonghair, :waving:

I think that your hair looks so beautiful!!! Not really thin at all. :flowers:

I'm also on the thin side of ii (2 1/4 inches), it's also super fine and am now skimming tailbone. It's pretty thin at the ends unfortunately due (I think) to the fact that I used to highlight with foils and sustained a lot of damage when the foils were taken out each time. The hairdresser used to rip through what looked like wet dreadlocks trying to get the knots out! :rolleyes: :eek: I'm hoping that as I keep doing mini trims, and no longer process my hair, it will gradually become thicker at the ends.

:blossom:

Mesmerise
October 12th, 2011, 06:01 AM
For me my hair is at its thickest when I make a ponytail right on top of my head. Then it's pretty thick (well, for me it is) and there is tapering just imediately! I suspect that a third of my hair is short because it either doesn't grow long or due to some other mysterious reason.
I know this because if I take a random strand and look at the taper, the taper starts very high up already. Only a very small percentage of that strand ends up long.

I'm not sure if it is possible to break off that many hair with your glasses that a third of your hair would be permanently short. I might break a hair each 3 days on average. Even though I am ultra careful, it's impossible to not get hair caught in the glasses. You can try to take it out carefully, but you always will have some damage.
Another reason to wish for good eyesight!

Same as me, my high ponytail is thicker than my low ponytail and I HOPE that is just because of regrowth that hasn't reached my neckline yet... BUT I do wonder, because I remember going to the hairdresser a few years back, and she commented on the hair underneath, asking if it broke or something, because it was shorter than the top hair... so I do wonder if I have a bunch of hair underneath and maybe around the sides that have a short terminal length and will never get long (I seriously doubt it's breakage, because my hair doesn't seem prone to random breakage).

I do, however, get the occasional hair caught in my glasses too! However, I doubt that losing a hair that way every few days seriously contributes to the problem (errm at least... I don't think it would...).

From the sounds of it, you and I could just about be hair twins!

Anje
October 12th, 2011, 06:58 AM
I've got a 2.5" circumference and am currently just barely tailbone (big trim a month or so ago). It's right about at the length in my siggy picture, which is a few years old now. Pics are relatively hard to come by, but I'm probably overdue for some.

skyblue
October 12th, 2011, 08:20 AM
I have TB length hair and high end of i lower ii
there are a couple of pics in my album, I'm the same way!
I need to see thinner longer hair just to get an idea of how mine will look
although at this point I'm getting more interested in seeing just how long it will actually
get at my thickness lol!

Night_Kitten
October 12th, 2011, 08:25 AM
My pony sircumfence is 2.8'' at the base of my neck, but I have alot of taper going on... :(
I'm about an inch or two below classic.
The ends are way too thin for my liking, but I'm hoping they will thicken up as I trim...
I have pics from the beginning of my hair growth journey till the latest (a larger version of the one in my siggie) in my albom

ilovelonghair
October 12th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Hello ilovelonghair, :waving:

I think that your hair looks so beautiful!!! Not really thin at all. :flowers:

I'm also on the thin side of ii (2 1/4 inches), it's also super fine and am now skimming tailbone. It's pretty thin at the ends unfortunately due (I think) to the fact that I used to highlight with foils and sustained a lot of damage when the foils were taken out each time. The hairdresser used to rip through what looked like wet dreadlocks trying to get the knots out! :rolleyes: :eek: I'm hoping that as I keep doing mini trims, and no longer process my hair, it will gradually become thicker at the ends.

:blossom:

Thank you :)

the bold stated bit made me cringe!

Night_Kitten your hair seem to come closest to mine, but your taper starts lower up. I just can't get more than a few hairs to go past tailbone. And then it's so whispy it just looks sad :(

Anje
October 12th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Night_Kitten your hair seem to come closest to mine, but your taper starts lower up. I just can't get more than a few hairs to go past tailbone. And then it's so whispy it just looks sad :(
Mine was definitely wispy when I first reached TB. I've been maintaining there for a few years now, and am just finally becoming happy with the thickness of my ends. It takes at least a few years for thickness to move down, unfortunately, and it's rare to be able to completely grow out taper.

ilovelonghair
October 12th, 2011, 09:59 AM
I have been busy for 4 years. It was tailbone 4 years ago but with abuse of constant hair dye and extensions, so you'd think my hair should have improved by now. It is just the same! I can as well start dying it again and put tons of extensions in :(

summergreen
October 12th, 2011, 10:51 AM
My hair is between hip and tailbone, and very tapered. I kept it at APL for years, with hairdressers and friends assuring me that keeping it trimmed would thicken it. Eventually I decided to grown it regardless and the thickness has moved down some - yay! Ultimately though, I would rather have long hair,no matter how thin/tapered, than not.

ElusiveMuse
October 12th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Mine was definitely wispy when I first reached TB. I've been maintaining there for a few years now, and am just finally becoming happy with the thickness of my ends. It takes at least a few years for thickness to move down, unfortunately, and it's rare to be able to completely grow out taper.

Maybe it's the combination of your hair's wavy texture and the dark t-shirt you're wearing in your sig pic, but I always looked at your hair and thought it must be so thick! It definitely looks great.

heidihug
October 12th, 2011, 02:49 PM
My hair can appear to be thicker than it is because it's fly-away and floofy when dry and clean, but it's definitely on the thin side of II. I have some length pics in my hair album, but they are almost all with artificial waves and curls. My hair is quite straight.

Anje
October 12th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Maybe it's the combination of your hair's wavy texture and the dark t-shirt you're wearing in your sig pic, but I always looked at your hair and thought it must be so thick! It definitely looks great.
It's the T-shirt. Trust me, I wouldn't put a pic wearing a white shirt in my sig. You'd be able to read any writing on it.

naereid
October 12th, 2011, 03:31 PM
I've got waist-length thin hair (7 cm/2.7 in). These past couple of days I've actually been feeling really sad about how thin it is because the only buns that look decent are the lazy wrap and the sock bun. Not versatile at all. And my ends are often see-through and stringy.

In a weird way, this thread is helping because I feel less alone in my predicament. :o So thanks and good luck, everyone!

islandboo
October 12th, 2011, 03:46 PM
I am a solid i (1,75") and at hip, so not tb yet but close! The last 6" or so are quite thin but I have decided to just grow it out and perhaps cut back to a thicker hemline later. The fairytale type ends are very handy for updos, though! I tend to shed many more short hairs than full length hairs so I am unsure I will ever lose the taper.

http://i.imgur.com/r4Rtk.jpg

Oh, yeah - 1000th post! :cheese:

FrozenBritannia
October 12th, 2011, 04:22 PM
I am a solid i (1,75") and at hip, so not tb yet but close! The last 6" or so are quite thin but I have decided to just grow it out and perhaps cut back to a thicker hemline later. The fairytale type ends are very handy for updos, though! I tend to shed many more short hairs than full length hairs so I am unsure I will ever lose the taper.

Congrats on 1000! And if my hair ever looks as good as yours, I will die a happy person!

islandboo
October 12th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Congrats on 1000! And if my hair ever looks as good as yours, I will die a happy person!

Thank you! :flower:

Debra83
October 12th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Same as me, my high ponytail is thicker than my low ponytail and I HOPE that is just because of regrowth that hasn't reached my neckline yet... BUT I do wonder, because I remember going to the hairdresser a few years back, and she commented on the hair underneath, asking if it broke or something, because it was shorter than the top hair... so I do wonder if I have a bunch of hair underneath and maybe around the sides that have a short terminal length and will never get long (I seriously doubt it's breakage, because my hair doesn't seem prone to random breakage).

I do, however, get the occasional hair caught in my glasses too! However, I doubt that losing a hair that way every few days seriously contributes to the problem (errm at least... I don't think it would...).

From the sounds of it, you and I could just about be hair twins!

Watch out for ponytails!!! A few years ago, when my hair was just around/past shoulder length (before cutting short again, pre-LHC), I went for a trim and the stylist held up a chunk from the back showing me the breakage from ponytail holders. (I am always careful about what kind of ponytail holder I use too). But I have fine hair, and I guess it just can't handle that stress on it. Now, after hennaing, it is probably stronger, but I'm very sure I'm still getting ponytail breakage, because I have a thicker off the top ponytail than a base of the neck ponytail, and I've been growing it for 3 years. But, I've decided to not stress too much about it anymore, it is what it is.

ilovelonghair
October 14th, 2011, 10:06 AM

http://i.imgur.com/r4Rtk.jpg

Very much like my hair! I put aloe vera in my ends so they are less fly away and stick more together, that's makes them look a bit thicker.

LaurelSpring
October 14th, 2011, 10:18 AM
My avatar is pretty much how my hair looked. Right before I saw this avatar I trimmed off about 2 inches so that I went from below tailbone fairytales to just above tailbone trying to thicken it up a bit. After I saw the avatar I thought it was so beautiful it made me kind of wish I hadnt cut so much! I am still happy enough with it though because I do want to thicken it up some.

Unnamed
October 14th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Thin and nearly knee.

It's also got a nasty, uneven taper from shedding/regrowth (three that have/had a noticeable regrowth layer, two within the last 3 years), and the very sides/back are quite a bit shorter for some reason...I *think*/hope that's new growth from starting thyroid medication, but it's hard to tell as it coincided with regrowth from the second shed. For how quickly it tapers off, at about 8" down from the nape (2.125" last checked--2.375" is 'normal' post first two sheds) thickness is already down to 1". :(

I should note that in the oldest pics in my length album (not public) thickness was 2.75-3" (before Sept/Oct 2005 or before ~36"/couple inches short of classic). All others are anywhere from 1.625" to 2.375". So, erm, those earlier pics are not 'long, thin' hair, just 'long, normal-ish' hair.

InTheCity
October 16th, 2011, 02:13 PM
I so wish I saw (or posted!) a thread like this one before getting my hair whacked. There are quite a few of us out there. All I can say is love the hair you got. The grass isn't always greener kind of thing...

:flower:

ilovelonghair
October 18th, 2011, 03:53 AM
Thin and nearly knee.

It's also got a nasty, uneven taper from shedding/regrowth (three that have/had a noticeable regrowth layer, two within the last 3 years), and the very sides/back are quite a bit shorter for some reason...I *think*/hope that's new growth from starting thyroid medication, but it's hard to tell as it coincided with regrowth from the second shed. For how quickly it tapers off, at about 8" down from the nape (2.125" last checked--2.375" is 'normal' post first two sheds) thickness is already down to 1". :(

I should note that in the oldest pics in my length album (not public) thickness was 2.75-3" (before Sept/Oct 2005 or before ~36"/couple inches short of classic). All others are anywhere from 1.625" to 2.375". So, erm, those earlier pics are not 'long, thin' hair, just 'long, normal-ish' hair.

Your hair gives me hope! Can I befriend you and see your other pictures?
Your updo's look so much better than mine because you got more hair in total due to the lenght. I like all those braided updo's you have in your album!

maria_asa
October 18th, 2011, 06:04 AM
My hair is a few inches below classic and goes from 5cm/2" it the nape to barely nothing from waist down. I'm going for fingertip length and am currently trimming half my growth but when I reach my goal (which should be in about a year) I'll start maintaning there and hopefully my ends will thicken up a bit.

Pics of my growth journey are in my album.

Heavenly Locks
October 18th, 2011, 06:09 AM
I'm tailbone+ (BCL) for the first time in my life, and I've got thin hair :) I'm hoping that maintaining here will help some thickness creep down eventually. I can honestly say that I'm not as pleased as I could be with my ends/hemline. This is my naturally dried texture.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/HeavenlyJumper/DSC00389_2.jpg

Jezerellica
October 18th, 2011, 06:17 AM
I am just brushing classic and it is "see through" for several inches too. I am trying to hang in there with small trims to see if it will thicken. Also, it was colored at one time plus meds thinned it out also.

UP Lisa
October 18th, 2011, 10:02 AM
I'm at hip length now due to trimming, but used to be at BCL. I like a blunt hemline, so may just decide to maintain at Waist at some point. I think it would look best there.

Mostly I'm upset upon realizeing that I'm at 2 1/2" when I used to be at 3". Don't know if it's age, or medications, or what.

moon2dove
October 18th, 2011, 02:25 PM
I have read ALL these posts with a huge :) on my face!

Thank you all for posting your thoughts and pics.
I have hair that is thin due to illness and meds , and I have 'gaps'. I have never had hair grow past top of my bra strap, so was determined to have really long hair.....until.... DH took my first length pic in September and I saw the thinness for the first time. I was so upset and nearly chopped it off there and then, but have resisted and kept my hair in updo's during the day and night, so I am trying to 'not see it'.
Reading these posts and seeing all your pics have given me a huge boost to carry on with reaching my goal. BIG THANK YOU'S TO YOU ALL !! :) :) :)

ilovelonghair
October 18th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the latest contributions, it certainly gives hope! Maybe I shouldn't gave cut it off. I was planning to not cut this year, but after a massive shed and see through spots on my scalp I thought I needed a bit of a trim (not much, but still enought to make it quite shorter)

Inching Along
October 18th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Thank you for sharing your pictures! Such beautiful hair; it definitely gives me hope. I have reached about 23 inches a couple of times and cut it out of frustration. But I intend to persevere this time, despite my 1.5-inch circumference ponytail! I hope that what I've learned will help that ponytail to thicken up!

girlcat36
October 18th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Thank you to everybody who posted pics in this thread! I struggle with my hair's thinness, and it so helpful to see others who have stayed the course and resisted the urge to chop.

ilovelonghair
October 18th, 2011, 07:26 PM
girlcat36, you're the ultimate example of growing back hair beautifully! It looks so good now!

girlcat36
October 18th, 2011, 07:52 PM
girlcat36, you're the ultimate example of growing back hair beautifully! It looks so good now!

Aw, thank you! It is quite thin from APL downward; a dark colored shirts works wonders in those back-of-the-head shots.

Velvettt
October 18th, 2011, 08:06 PM
My hair varies between the thick side of i and the thin side of ii, depending on how well my thyroid meds are functioning. My siggy pic is a couple of years old. My length is currently between hip and tb. It doesn't help that my hair is baby fine, either. Even when it's at a thick point (thick for me, I mean), it can still be scrunched into a teeny, tiny ponytail thickness.

danacc
October 18th, 2011, 10:31 PM
My ponytail is around 2.25", so small side of ii. I have a lot of taper resulting in see-through hair starting just above waist. The ends taper/wisp into nothing. I seem to have hit terminal a couple of inches past classic, and only a few strands grow that long. I'm waiting to see if it thickens any if I leave it alone for a couple of years.

My most recent pictures are a couple of years old. In this one, I think it is just below tailbone when pulled straight. It still looks much like this; the thickness may have moved down a little. Imagine the taper continuing for longer, and you've got the current look of it:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3460&pictureid=43970

katsrevenge
October 19th, 2011, 01:08 AM
You guys have such lovely ethereal hair!

UP Lisa
October 19th, 2011, 06:28 AM
Getting frustrated with my hair, and cutting it off, wouldn't have halped me. It is more work to take care of it when it is short. The only thing I would have gained was less tangles.

UP Lisa
October 19th, 2011, 06:30 AM
Interesting that you mention the thyroid affecting your hair's thickness. I've been very upset lately that I used to have 3", and now I have 2 1/2". I do have low thyroid that I take Synthroid for. I thought it was under control, though.

My hair varies between the thick side of i and the thin side of ii, depending on how well my thyroid meds are functioning. My siggy pic is a couple of years old. My length is currently between hip and tb. It doesn't help that my hair is baby fine, either. Even when it's at a thick point (thick for me, I mean), it can still be scrunched into a teeny, tiny ponytail thickness.

ilovelonghair
October 19th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Yesterday I got a compliment from a friend who said: your hair is so long and thick and beautiful! She loved my henna color too :) Btw she has way thicker hair though! She hadn't seen more for more than 5 months so there must have been some change in my hair. When she last met me it was actually longer, but she thought it was longer now. Maybe thickness catching up?

Alun
October 19th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Fairly thin/fine hair and it's just brushing waist with loads of taper. Can't seem to grow it much longer, which seems to be due to breakage AFAIK.

Hmmm ... I suppose that wasn't all that encouraging? LOL!

luciferia
October 23rd, 2011, 06:04 AM
My hair looks pretty much like danacc's when it's longer, just with ringlet curls. About the same thickness though.

Henna has been helping me quite a bit, though it still tapers really easily. I almost always have 'fairytale ends'. My hair is currently to my middle back, so we shall see what it looks like once it's longer. I actually really regretted cutting my hip-length hair, it just made me sad that it was so thin and I gave up.

Sometime later I saw a beautiful lady at the store with natural, long, blond hair that looked like the hair I had just regretfully cut! It looked so beautiful on her, I am saddened that I was unable to see mine in it's true light.

EdG
October 23rd, 2011, 08:05 AM
My hair starts out very thick (3.5in circumference), and tapers in two distinct regions. Most of my hairs are terminal between waist and tailbone, but a small number of strands reach my calves.

So, I have a thick part that ends at tailbone, and a very thin part that ends at my calves. Depending on the lighting, I can appear to have any hair length between tailbone and calf.
Ed

blondecat
October 23rd, 2011, 09:09 AM
my hair is very very thin, fine, flyaway, Hip lenght, fairytale ends, Face fraiming layers [do not get these] and lenght layers.
2/3 of a cm
Most days I hate my hair. I hate it's texture, its flyawayness [is that a word ?]

On the other hand, when it was short it was even harder to manage.

Now I can simply Bun it or plaight it and its neat [once I grease it down with Aloe]

Im sorry, I was complaining so much I have forgotton your question.

OK, I do love my hair, but its at the lenght that gets in the sink when I do the dishes, burns on the stove when cooking, etc. And i cant get a decent French Twist to work.

NO, I am not cutting, I will ride the storm out.

blondecat
October 23rd, 2011, 09:12 AM

This is my hair:

I need new pictures!

Looks like mine, just a different colour.

Syrena
October 23rd, 2011, 09:18 AM
Thank you forposting all your pictures. It is very inspiring! I am currently almost at classic and my hair tapers significantly from waist. I was even considering chopping of couple of inches, but after seeing your pictures I re-found my motivation to wait untill I reach classic (January 2012) and then I will try to thicken my ends with monthly trims. Thank you so much again!:)

Teufelchen
October 24th, 2011, 01:36 AM
I am exactly at the same position as Syrena. :)
Even though I am on my way to the golden cut. Maybe knee at some point, but my ends are strongly tapered.

Seeing all these lovely manes here, really helped with being more happy with my hair.
Thank you so much. :flower:

alyanna
October 24th, 2011, 02:15 AM
Thank you so much for this thread OP.

My hair's not very long at all yet, but it is thin and looks a lot like some of the pictures posted here.

Just wanted to say that these pictures are all really pretty. Honestly. Yes it's thin hair, yes the ends are tapered and see- through, but somehow, this type of hair looks so dreamy and romantic.

I'm subscribing to this thread for sure!

Maverick494
October 24th, 2011, 02:46 AM
I have very fine hair, but a lot of it. Recently when I got it straightened at a salon (for fun, this was after trimming my hemline) I noticed the loss of volume. I think the reason why everyone always said I have thick hair is because I have naturally voluminous hair. When I washed it and let it airdry I was back to my 'thick mane'. However, if my hair would be growing out of my head like in the picture below, I would have called it thin, like on the thin side of ii.

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/2074/schermafbeelding2011102a.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/839/schermafbeelding2011102a.png/)

UP Lisa
October 24th, 2011, 07:38 AM
In my opinion, if you really want long hair, go for it! At least see what it's like. You can always cut it.

Be prepared, because you will need a lot of patience!

Red Rapunzel
October 24th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Is there anybody with i or (on the thinner side of) ii hair who has very long hair (tailbone and beyond)?

I got ii, but on the thin side of the scale. I saw a picture somewhere of a member who I think has similar hair to me, but it's knee length. Problem was, that was only a small picture and she doesn't have albums I can compare too.
So I hope there are people out here who do have similar hair to me, but longer!

Hi, Ilovelonghair! I, too, love long hair, with my hair now a little below classic length, but I also have a thinning problem - especially in my lower lengths. That is why, when wearing my hair down, I sometimes use a clip to hold the lower lengths together - because bound together they seem to look a little fuller. Try it - you might like it! See my photo below.

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/1130/longhairclip.png

summergreen
October 24th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Lovely pictures everyone, really inspiring - and Red Rapunzel, I love that style! Ill definitely be trying it.

Cupofmilk
October 24th, 2011, 11:09 AM
i have superfine hair and am now just past BCL. I have been TB before. I wear my hair down a maximum of 4 times a year. Recently the last time I wore my hair down was May 2010. I try not to worry about it. I do have taper and I am tall. Being tall is relevant as TB is 41 inches on me and classic 45. I am currently at 38-39 inches at BCL. So that's a lot of length for BCL.
I have a varying amount of overall thickness. It's been bad due to having 3 children in 3.5 years and I don't know if I will recover more thickness or whether I will remain at this thickness. I will get some pictures soon to share.
My ends can look awful if I oil them a lot as they disappear even more but in order to protect them I oil them a lot!.

ilovelonghair
October 25th, 2011, 09:50 AM
my hair is very very thin, fine, flyaway, Hip lenght, fairytale ends, Face fraiming layers [do not get these] and lenght layers.
2/3 of a cm
Most days I hate my hair. I hate it's texture, its flyawayness [is that a word ?]

On the other hand, when it was short it was even harder to manage.

Now I can simply Bun it or plaight it and its neat [once I grease it down with Aloe]

Im sorry, I was complaining so much I have forgotton your question.

OK, I do love my hair, but its at the lenght that gets in the sink when I do the dishes, burns on the stove when cooking, etc. And i cant get a decent French Twist to work.

NO, I am not cutting, I will ride the storm out.

For the flyawayness I use aloe vera, but when it's very windy that doesn't help to make it stay in place.

UP Lisa
October 25th, 2011, 10:03 AM
I just don't let mine loose if there is any wind. Disaster if I do.

alyanna
January 14th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Just thought I'd bump this thread up in case anyone wants to contribute new pictures. This is my favorite thread and all of us thinnies need all the inspiration we can get.

Anyone with a ponytail circumference under 3" is especially loved :D

Lissandria
January 14th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Just thought I'd bump this thread up in case anyone wants to contribute new pictures. This is my favorite thread and all of us thinnies need all the inspiration we can get.

Anyone with a ponytail circumference under 3" is especially loved :D

Thankyou Alyanna! :flower:

I have been getting so discouraged with my hair of late, thinking it's too thin to grow long and also that it will NEVER grow long. :(
When I look at this thread and think, "my hair is the same thickness as that" or "that hair is thin and fine but stunning and long" I feel like their is hope after all! My pony circ seems to vary too, the thickest was 2.5" an ii. At the moment it is closer to 2" i/ii. Beautiful hair everyone, and please people post more inspiring pictures!

indiana
January 14th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Mine is pretty fine textured and looks awfully thin. My taper is dramatic compared to some on the boards.

JesusFreak88
January 14th, 2012, 10:35 PM
I have classic length hair that is thin. I have quite a bit of taper as well, although mine is more because it is damaged at the ends. I have a really bad habit of throwing my hair up when I am running late for class and then forgetting to take it down when I go to sleep. I now need to chop a few inches off.

shikara
January 14th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Well, mine isnt VERY long, but its long...

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/lmarie29/dd87f28e.jpg

sfgirl
January 14th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Ooh! I love this thread. I have very fine, thin hair. Every magazine, stylist, whatever always says I have the perfect kind of hair to have short hair, but I love long hair! Do any of you notice you get thicker hair with certain supplements, scalp massages, and such?

Revontuletar
January 14th, 2012, 11:44 PM
I have i hair, but on the thicker side of i, probably i/ii. I'm at hip length at the moment so not that long, but I am hoping to grow to classic and maybe longer depending on the condition of my hair at that stage.

CashmereHair
January 15th, 2012, 02:18 PM
I have "i" hair, but it's not long (only BSL). I'm aiming for tbl. I'm afraid it is impossible for one with so fine hair like me :-(

JesusFreak88
January 15th, 2012, 05:16 PM
CashmereHair I am sure that if you take care of your hair you can get to tbl. I am past there and for the last year I haven't been taking the best care of my hair and yet it keeps growing.

girlcat36
January 15th, 2012, 05:36 PM
My hair is not super-long, only waist length, and I recently considered cutting back to APL.
After some positive comments on my hair I received in my blog, I have decided to move on to longer lengths despite the thinness.
Not super-long, and totally see-through:
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/girlcat36/LHC%20pictures/f91b9dd9.jpg

Sometimes I cringe at the see-throughness of it. I guess I will have to learn some nice updos and forget about the thinness.
I love the way fine thin straight hair fans out across the back making it look thicker. My curls just clump together and look stringy.

More pics, everyone! :)

Lissandria
January 15th, 2012, 05:46 PM
^^ I've said it before, but your hair is beautiful girlcat36!

girlcat36
January 15th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Thank you, Lissandria! Keep growing!

andreamuse
January 15th, 2012, 05:54 PM
This is so inspiring! Thank you for these!!!! It's so easy to get discouraged when the vast majority of pictures are of people with hair so much thicker than mine. I start second guessing my decision to grow my hair out. But these pics make me feel good about it again! :))

My hair is so very fine, not the thinnest, but certainly on the thinner side, and I don't know the circumference yet because it's not long enough to put all of it in a pony tail yet (am growing out from a pixie). My hair HAS been waist-length before, but I was a lot younger then. My goal now is mid back, possibly waist.

alyanna
January 15th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Thankyou Alyanna! :flower:

Anytime Lissandria :)

I've been having a lot of doubts about how my hair would look long too. I'm actually pretty confident that it will get long (I could be long of course), but I'm not at all confident that it'll look nice.

I met up with a friend today who hasn't seen me since last May, when my hair was still in a bob and she said, "wasn't your hair a lot thicker"? :rolleyes: I guess I should get used to that kind of comment. Is my hair just going to keep looking thinner the longer it gets? My ponytail circumference is actually greater than it was back in May...

alyanna
January 15th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Mine is pretty fine textured and looks awfully thin. My taper is dramatic compared to some on the boards.

Indiana, I don't even know what you're talking about girl! Your hair is awesome. I looked at your album and that cinnabun is to die for!

I have classic length hair that is thin. I have quite a bit of taper as well, although mine is more because it is damaged at the ends. I have a really bad habit of throwing my hair up when I am running late for class and then forgetting to take it down when I go to sleep. I now need to chop a few inches off.

Can't even tell your hair is thin. I think I'd have a lot less hair left if I attempted one of those half-ups...

Well, mine isnt VERY long, but its long...

I love your hair shikara. It looks so super-soft and angelic.

I have i hair, but on the thicker side of i, probably i/ii. I'm at hip length at the moment so not that long, but I am hoping to grow to classic and maybe longer depending on the condition of my hair at that stage.

Your hair reminds me a lot of how mine looks these days. I'm normally a 2b/2c, but in the winter I loose a lot of my curls. Thanks for posting ... I'd be happy if my hair were to look like yours when it gets longer.

My hair is not super-long, only waist length, and I recently considered cutting back to APL.
After some positive comments on my hair I received in my blog, I have decided to move on to longer lengths despite the thinness.

girlcat, I'm glad you decided not to chop. Your hair looks really healthy and the see-throughness is because of those super-pretty curls. Have you ever tried fingercombing a bit and separating the curls? I'm sure you must've? I like the way they look though. Your hair doesn't look thin because it isn't thin at the roots. It's obvious that it's just curls clumped together.

jnbmowl
January 15th, 2012, 07:41 PM
I have BSL and it is very fine. I have never measured the ponytail width but I guess i should start doing that. I love the fairy tale ends! Makes me think of princesses and horses and meadows! I am just hoping my thin hair will make it to waist length. Has anyone else noticed KAIL on teen mom 2's hair? So jealous its really long and thick! I love hair like that.

haibane
January 15th, 2012, 08:55 PM
I love the way fine thin straight hair fans out across the back making it look thicker. My curls just clump together and look stringy.
I have fine, straight, tapering hair and if I use a straight hair routine and brush it out so each strand is separate, it just fades out and gets so see through it's completely invisible. I easily lose a foot of hair visually this way!

There's a world difference between stringy hair and curls clumping together, your hair doesn't look anything like stringy to me, just pretty well defined curls. (BTW if you want a morale boost, look around the fairytale threads. The vast majority of people prefer 3 hair with fairy tale ends to 1 hair.)
I try to get my hair to clump together, because it looks much longer and thicker that way, but it's not small feat to get 1a hair to clump, and it usually falls out within hours whenever I manage.

AspenSong
January 15th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Well mine isn't TB+, but it's about hip nearly and I'm a i - Just uploaded a couple new photos to my album today. I know the feeling of worrying about how it looks.....for sure. I was looking at the photos after they were uploaded and it's just utterly discouraging to me...I feel like my hair looks just horrid when it's down. If I didn't want my hair long and didn't feel so strongly about it, I feel like right now someone could easily convince me to cut it shorter.
*hugs*
You def aren't alone...just keep truckin' and growing!

prettykitty
January 15th, 2012, 09:29 PM
This may just be the best thread ever! I feel so much better about my skinny hair. It's thick i/skinny ii depending on how much I shed, and lately I've been shedding like nobody's business. It hangs in soft, whispy clumps that are pretty in their own way, but gets messy and tangled easily...although part of that is that I wear my hair in updo's so much that I don't quite know what to do with it when it's down. I think I have a lot of baby hairs growing in. I'm going to take a picture with a white top for all you ladies, to hopefully get some feedback. Thank you so much for this thread, OP and all posters, it's really cheered me up after what sometimes seems a lifetime of worrying about thickness :)

sfgirl
January 15th, 2012, 09:48 PM
I actually just measured my hair again, and apparently I have normal hair. I guess being in a family full of extremely thick hair just gives me a warped perception. :shrug:

Lisa R
January 15th, 2012, 11:58 PM
Thank you all for posting! It is very encouraging to see others with thinner hair sharing their thoughts and stories.

My hair is only 2inches circumference and then tapers quite a bit. Amazing what a black t-shirt does to hide the gaps and thinness!!!:) I also blowdried my hair lightly for this pic and I sprayed Tresseme heat protectant on it before blowdrying and I think it made my hair strands slightly thicker or something. It certainly felt and looked different after using it. My hair is BSL right now and I'm trimming 1/2 inch every 3 months or so. I would like to get to waist length then trim and maintain.
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q318/dandlroberts/December.jpg

Revontuletar
January 16th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Thank you very much alyanna, it's not often I get people say such nice things about my hair! My hair is actually dead straight at 1a, but looks a little wavy in those pictures because I always wear it in a bun a lot, for sleep and just to protect it during the day :) In my profile pic (my most recent) I had just taken it out of the bun :)

RapunzelKat
January 16th, 2012, 12:52 AM
I think I would fit in here :waving: I'm a ii, but on the thinner side, and I'm closing in on classic. My hair is also fine and super-straight, so I don't have a lot of volume unless I put some braidwaves or something in there. I have a pretty good taper, but I think a lot of the thinness along my hemline is due to mechanical damage from tangles (thank goodness I'm getting that problem under control!).

There's a pic in my album if anyone wants to see :)

UP Lisa
January 16th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Hi. You say you are getting the tangles under control. May I ask how? My hair tangles so horribly. I am so frustrated with it. I can't grow it fast enough to ever keep up with the damage it gets every day just from de-tangling.

I think I would fit in here :waving: I'm a ii, but on the thinner side, and I'm closing in on classic. My hair is also fine and super-straight, so I don't have a lot of volume unless I put some braidwaves or something in there. I have a pretty good taper, but I think a lot of the thinness along my hemline is due to mechanical damage from tangles (thank goodness I'm getting that problem under control!).

There's a pic in my album if anyone wants to see :)

blondecat
January 16th, 2012, 06:59 AM
The biggest tangles I get is under the hair itself, under the nape. I think its from the weird neck hair, which I might add I got my neck hair to a gloririous five whole inches, it's almost bunnable. yah

Sorry I have no inspiring advice, Just sympathy and a BtDt and empathy

On my hair and issues, Im still plodding on. I refuse to give in.

Maverick494
January 16th, 2012, 07:01 AM
I know you didn't ask me, but my hair tangles like crazy as well and without putting anything in it it would take me 20 minutes at the least to detangle it. Now I use Gliss Kur Silk Gloss spray (http://carolific.blogspot.com/2011/03/product-rave-schwarzkopf-gliss-kur-hair.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+InkedAndSkinnyPartDeux+%28Ink ed+and+Skinny+Part+Deux%29) and the problem is gone.

Just putting it out there.

alyanna
January 16th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Thanks to everyone who posted recently!

We thinnies have got to stick together because it is really hard to come to terms with thin hair.

I honestly don't know what I'll do if my hair looks bad when it's longer. Will I cut back to a bob again? My problem is with my curls, bobs can be a pain too, because they really work best with 1 hair.

In the past, my hair was always at its best at shoulder length, or actually, at exactly the length it is now, just above APL. I've never grown it further than this. But this is such a boring length :rolleyes:

Many people have encouraged me to go longer, and that's what inspired me to find the LHC in the first place. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try. And like UP Lisa said, if I don't like it, I'll just cut it :shrug:

Sissilonghair
January 16th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Here I am...my hair is thin and long,I would like to have just a little more volume for bunning(I love those big fat up do),and braiding.
Well I try to love and accept my hair for what it is and take care of it as well as I can.
I noticed an improovement since I henna my hair regularly and about tangles Kimberlily's spray helps me a lot :)

UP Lisa
January 16th, 2012, 07:45 AM
It sure would be nice if more people would think before they speak.....:rolleyes:

Anytime Lissandria :)

I've been having a lot of doubts about how my hair would look long too. I'm actually pretty confident that it will get long (I could be long of course), but I'm not at all confident that it'll look nice.

I met up with a friend today who hasn't seen me since last May, when my hair was still in a bob and she said, "wasn't your hair a lot thicker"? :rolleyes: I guess I should get used to that kind of comment. Is my hair just going to keep looking thinner the longer it gets? My ponytail circumference is actually greater than it was back in May...

UP Lisa
January 16th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Hey! I'll take advice from anybody who has any. I just started using a different gloss product that was recommended to me. So far, it is helping, but not as much as I had hoped.

I know you didn't ask me, but my hair tangles like crazy as well and without putting anything in it it would take me 20 minutes at the least to detangle it. Now I use Gliss Kur Silk Gloss spray (http://carolific.blogspot.com/2011/03/product-rave-schwarzkopf-gliss-kur-hair.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+InkedAndSkinnyPartDeux+%28Ink ed+and+Skinny+Part+Deux%29) and the problem is gone.

Just putting it out there.

RapunzelKat
January 16th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Hi UP lisa! Your hair is so pretty! I love your waves and color :DHere is what has been helping my tangles:

Getting rid of ALL product with protein. It turns out my hair just hates protein, and it was causing huge, horrible, impenetrable tangles... Every time I detangled I'd end up with this big depressing handful of broken, tangled hairs, no matter how careful I was :(. I'm now using Aussie Moist shampoo and Aussie 3MM conditioner, and my hair loves them. I have also started CWC about a week ago, using the 3MM as the conditioner, and that seems to be helping too.

Lots of 'cones and REALLY a lot of moisture! I'm not sure if your hair likes cones or not, but if it does I'd recommend the Aussie 3MM plus a horse product I use called Cowboy Magic. I use Cowboy Magic as a leave-in detangler, and I love it. It's basically super-concentrated 'cone-rich serum without much in the way of additives. I'm also oiling daily with a bit of EVOO and my hair just soaks it up. I'm thinking of trying mineral oil and SMTs as well, as my hair just can't seem to get enough moisture, but I'm trying to make changes gradually so probably in the next few weeks :D

The 'cones give my hair the slip it needs to get it out of tangles without breaking and the oiling seems to be giving it the drape and weight it needs to help keep it from tangling. I do still get plenty of tangles, but now I can easily get almost all of them out with gentle finger-combing or a wide toothed comb without breakage. I'd say I'm shedding maybe 1/3 of what I was before I started this routine, and my breakage is almost completely gone.

A little trimming also helps my hair ;) I've been microtrimming to get rid of those damaged ends from all my tangle breakage.

Wow... that got long, sorry! Let me know if you want more info on any of this! :cheese:

ETA: Oh yeah, one other thing I forgot to include... I've just discovered that my scalp hair needs moisture too, not just my length. I lightly condition and oil my scalp hair, and put just a little of my leave-in in it. It has really made a difference, as my scalp hair gets tangly too, and also needs the 'cones and the moisture. Since I started doing this (about a week ago), I've been able to give up my hairspray, as my scalp hair drapes more nicely and stays put without help!

Mearwynna
January 17th, 2012, 08:33 AM
I'm subscribing to this thread, lots of good ideas here.

UP Lisa
January 17th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Hi. Thank you for the compliment, and for trying to help.

I have never paid attention to whether or not protein agrees with my hair. I don't even know if there is protein in any of my products. Will have to check into that!

I do use cones. Basically, I use whatever products help the most with moisture and tangles. Thick, heavy conditioners seem to be the best.

I just started using a gloss that is filled with cones. It does help some. I had started oiling, but if I'm going to use the gloss, I don't see how I can use the oil.

Hi UP lisa! Your hair is so pretty! I love your waves and color :DHere is what has been helping my tangles:

Getting rid of ALL product with protein. It turns out my hair just hates protein, and it was causing huge, horrible, impenetrable tangles... Every time I detangled I'd end up with this big depressing handful of broken, tangled hairs, no matter how careful I was :(. I'm now using Aussie Moist shampoo and Aussie 3MM conditioner, and my hair loves them. I have also started CWC about a week ago, using the 3MM as the conditioner, and that seems to be helping too.

Lots of 'cones and REALLY a lot of moisture! I'm not sure if your hair likes cones or not, but if it does I'd recommend the Aussie 3MM plus a horse product I use called Cowboy Magic. I use Cowboy Magic as a leave-in detangler, and I love it. It's basically super-concentrated 'cone-rich serum without much in the way of additives. I'm also oiling daily with a bit of EVOO and my hair just soaks it up. I'm thinking of trying mineral oil and SMTs as well, as my hair just can't seem to get enough moisture, but I'm trying to make changes gradually so probably in the next few weeks :D

The 'cones give my hair the slip it needs to get it out of tangles without breaking and the oiling seems to be giving it the drape and weight it needs to help keep it from tangling. I do still get plenty of tangles, but now I can easily get almost all of them out with gentle finger-combing or a wide toothed comb without breakage. I'd say I'm shedding maybe 1/3 of what I was before I started this routine, and my breakage is almost completely gone.

A little trimming also helps my hair ;) I've been microtrimming to get rid of those damaged ends from all my tangle breakage.

Wow... that got long, sorry! Let me know if you want more info on any of this! :cheese:

ETA: Oh yeah, one other thing I forgot to include... I've just discovered that my scalp hair needs moisture too, not just my length. I lightly condition and oil my scalp hair, and put just a little of my leave-in in it. It has really made a difference, as my scalp hair gets tangly too, and also needs the 'cones and the moisture. Since I started doing this (about a week ago), I've been able to give up my hairspray, as my scalp hair drapes more nicely and stays put without help!

RapunzelKat
January 17th, 2012, 02:02 PM
I actually go ahead and put oil on top of my leave in (which I would guess is similar to your gloss), once my hair is dry. Then I just use the oil in between washes, so if you're using the gloss daily you might not need it. Probably wouldn't hurt to try though... My hair just can't seem to get enough moisture :)

I never paid attention to protein either, until I posted a thread about my tangle problem and someone suggested I might have protein overload. Turns out both my shampoo and condish were full of it! :eek:

Good luck dealing with your tangles!

Babyfine
January 17th, 2012, 03:23 PM
RapunzelKat, the AUssie 3MM do you use the new deeep or the original one?
I used to use the Original many years ago, back in the 80's and early 90's when I had a perm-the stuff was great on my hair. Now I can't find it. I don't care for the newer version.

prettykitty
January 17th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Ooh, UP Lisa, what kind of thingy is the gloss you're using? I am all about coney things that make my hair shiny at present. Current obsession is one of those argan blends that makes my hair super soft and awesome...although really it's a cone/argan blend, not an argan/cone blend like the marketing would have me believe :D

RapunzelKat
January 17th, 2012, 05:56 PM
RapunzelKat, the AUssie 3MM do you use the new deeep or the original one?
I used to use the Original many years ago, back in the 80's and early 90's when I had a perm-the stuff was great on my hair. Now I can't find it. I don't care for the newer version.

The one I use is the 3 Minute Miracle deep (or deeeeep, as it says on the bottle :D). I did see another, lighter Aussie conditioner where I bought mine, but I don't recall it it was the original or some other type... I got mine at Target.

Vintagecoilylocks
March 21st, 2013, 11:09 AM
Hi ladies,

So how are some of you doing that had projects to thicken hair with trims. I am on a journey to regrow after a huge shed. This thread gave me the inspiration to embrace my thin hair and to work toward getting as much back as i could. Its been slow but I have about eight inches of bulk of new thickness. I still have fine hair and not sure if all will return but I did admire alot of the heads of hair on this thread. Thank you for posting

lydiajo
March 21st, 2013, 11:41 AM
I'm a 1. Currently at waist on my way to classic. My hair has always been fine and my pony small :(

hippie girl
March 21st, 2013, 12:20 PM
I have very fine and thin hair. I have grown it pretty long, though I have a great deal of taper. The sides have always lagged behind the top and back. It has always been that way. I assume that the canopy/sides are just subject to more manipulation on a daily basis and therefore tends to be more fragile and break more. Not much I can do about it, really.

I just accept it and move on.

I could trim back to thicken the ends, but where to? I used to trim years ago, but it would pretty much just lead to a funny flat spot on the bottom that I didn't like, and since I wear it up all the time anyway it hardly mattered if I did.

I don't think that trimming for me would make much of a difference in thickening up the ends anyway, since the sides never seem to really catch up anyway. Truly long hair with blunt ends may not be in my future due to the fine nature of my hair. But it is never down anyhow, so I figure so what.

So, it is what it is. I just try and comb it carefully so as not to add to breakage, and forget it.

Long blunt ends at knee would be nice, but I don't think I can realistically achieve that, given it's fine, fragile nature. I'm not so sure tht blunt ends at classic is possible, either, so I just let it grown and forget about it.

Not the best picture, but here it is. This was from last september, maybe? I actually think it may have stopped growing and I am at terminal.

http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr71/bigblueweb/lhs/Hair%20photos%20for%20MsBubbles/IMG_6505lengthresized_zps5f9b7997.jpg

melusine963
March 21st, 2013, 01:40 PM
hippie girl, your hair is absolutely stunning!

Thank you for bumping this thread, Vintagecoilylocks. It had last been updated just before I joined the LHC, so I'd never found it. Reading through it has made me feel a lot better about my own thin hair (2.75"). It's good to know that I'm not alone. I've just reached TBL, but I have such a taper starting at waist that I'm embarrassed to wear my hair down, or even in a braid. I really hope my taper is just from old damage that will eventually catch up, rather than the terminal length of half my hair.

cherry blossom
March 21st, 2013, 02:38 PM
I have just begun to get pro-active about growing my hair.. never damaged it, yet never cared for it really.. I too have hair on the thin, fine side.. and I am so relieved to know that when thin hair is grown long, it will look decent ( well, actually gorgeous.. from all the pictures I see on this thread).
Thanks for this thread.. I really needed this one.

Accalia
March 21st, 2013, 05:15 PM
Wow I love this thread! It is really inspiring <3
hippie girl, your hair is... jaw dropping

Vintagecoilylocks
March 21st, 2013, 05:39 PM
I have very fine and thin hair. I have grown it pretty long, though I have a great deal of taper. The sides have always lagged behind the top and back. It has always been that way. I assume that the canopy/sides are just subject to more manipulation on a daily basis and therefore tends to be more fragile and break more. Not much I can do about it, really.

I just accept it and move on.

I could trim back to thicken the ends, but where to? I used to trim years ago, but it would pretty much just lead to a funny flat spot on the bottom that I didn't like, and since I wear it up all the time anyway it hardly mattered if I did.

I don't think that trimming for me would make much of a difference in thickening up the ends anyway, since the sides never seem to really catch up anyway. Truly long hair with blunt ends may not be in my future due to the fine nature of my hair. But it is never down anyhow, so I figure so what.

So, it is what it is. I just try and comb it carefully so as not to add to breakage, and forget it.

Long blunt ends at knee would be nice, but I don't think I can realistically achieve that, given it's fine, fragile nature. I'm not so sure tht blunt ends at classic is possible, either, so I just let it grown and forget about it.

Not the best picture, but here it is. This was from last september, maybe? I actually think it may have stopped growing and I am at terminal.

http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr71/bigblueweb/lhs/Hair%20photos%20for%20MsBubbles/IMG_6505lengthresized_zps5f9b7997.jpg

I read your post before I saw the photo. Despite alll that you said but when its this long it is still princess hair. Beautiful. Gives me hope because my canopy and sides and front fringe are the fragile ones also lagging behind.. I was thinking knee length would never happen because of the shorter slower parts.

Kherome
March 21st, 2013, 05:56 PM
I have thin fine hair, I'm at 2.75 so an ii, but on the middle to lower side I guess. I am an inch or two from classic, when my hair is not curled.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj135/iwasbornonahorse/4acee3a7-79bd-43de-be23-51e31121def1_zpsc72a2cd9.jpg

Kherome
March 21st, 2013, 05:58 PM
Here is one straight

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj135/iwasbornonahorse/50e82940-0306-45e1-843e-193b10af80a5_zps80e6147a.jpg

AndreaPetrea
March 22nd, 2013, 09:12 AM
Here is one straight

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj135/iwasbornonahorse/50e82940-0306-45e1-843e-193b10af80a5_zps80e6147a.jpg

Thank you so much for posting this! My ponytail circumference is 2.75 inches as well, and I have worried about how my hair would look long, but now I think I will change my goal from waist length to your hair length :D Your hair is very beautiful!

MaryMarx
March 22nd, 2013, 09:17 AM
Kherome, that is totally gorgeous! i will never again have stupid thoughts that my hair is too thin to be growing long. :)

Kherome
March 22nd, 2013, 02:13 PM
Glad to help. Fine/thin hair can be just as nice as thicker hair. It just requires a little extra care, and sometimes more time to get there. :)

Rivanariko
March 22nd, 2013, 02:27 PM
I don't have any recent pictures, but I think I'm about 2.75 also, if I remember right. I'm definitely on the thin side. I hit classic this summer and I'm still going, heading toward knee. I get compliments on it quite often, and no one ever says anything about it being "too thin". The really nice part, actually, is that when I don't want to be the center of attention hair-wise, I just put it up in a bun and it doesn't LOOK huge. Most people don't realize it's longer than "normal" until I take it down. This allows me to be "incognito" when I want to be. Very good for my introvert side! I know a lot of people want a big fat bun, but I like that mine has stayed on the small side as my hair has grown!

melusine963
March 22nd, 2013, 02:33 PM
Kherome, your hair is beautiful. You have the exact same thickness as me, but yours looks so much fuller!

Firefly
March 22nd, 2013, 03:21 PM
Lots of beautiful, inspiring hair in this thread! I have TB length hair that is a ii. Honestly, I kind of prefer thinner hair... I'm partial to fairy tale ends! I had a bunch of photos in my album but after the site switch they're not there anymore. :(

see_turtle
March 22nd, 2013, 04:40 PM
I am a ii. Not sure how to measure the circumference...Here's a pic from last September of my hair straightenedhttp://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/see_the_turtle/Hair%20progress/hairstraight2012.jpg:

lazuliblue
March 22nd, 2013, 04:44 PM
I have thin fine hair, I'm at 2.75 so an ii, but on the middle to lower side I guess. I am an inch or two from classic, when my hair is not curled.

Oh no. My goal has just move from waist to your hair length! :D

Amygirl8
March 22nd, 2013, 05:10 PM
i-ii, somewhere there. Maybe a little more now that it has henna, but I guess that would just put me in a definite ii.
My hair is not quite TBL, it's BCL and just has a couple of inches to go.

Angelica
March 22nd, 2013, 05:26 PM
I am thinking by looking at the photographs here, that most of you claiming your hair is "thin" don't actually have thin hair at all. It might very well be fine textured, but certainly not thin. I am a definite i and poker straight. It could be all down to genetics though the length that hair can grow, but I already know that no matter what I do to my hair it is never going to get to that length.

You all have amazing hair by the way :)

Kherome
March 23rd, 2013, 05:24 AM
Kherome, your hair is beautiful. You have the exact same thickness as me, but yours looks so much fuller!

Thank you. I try to take care of it. Frankly 99% of the time it's up in a bun because it gets in the way of everything, so my husband always says "Why have the long hair if you never wear it down?" Haha

Kherome
March 23rd, 2013, 05:27 AM
Oh no. My goal has just move from waist to your hair length! :D

You can do it :)

lapushka
March 23rd, 2013, 10:59 AM
I am thinking by looking at the photographs here, that most of you claiming your hair is "thin" don't actually have thin hair at all. It might very well be fine textured, but certainly not thin. I am a definite i and poker straight. It could be all down to genetics though the length that hair can grow, but I already know that no matter what I do to my hair it is never going to get to that length.

You all have amazing hair by the way :)

My mom had waist length hair for a long time when she was in her forties and fifties, and she has i/ii hair. So, it's thin and it *is* possible.

Angelica
March 23rd, 2013, 11:08 AM
My mom had waist length hair for a long time when she was in her forties and fifties, and she has i/ii hair. So, it's thin and it *is* possible.

So it's down to genetics which is what I really thought. But mine being a definite i and no possible ii, it would probably look too thin extremely long anyway :( I am in my late 40s and have never done anything to my hair which would stop it from achieving that length so I can say for me, at least it is impossible. But it is long, atlhough not to the great lengths shown here in these boards.

Kherome
March 24th, 2013, 06:19 AM
I don't think it's impossible. Surely more difficult, but not impossible.

Vintagecoilylocks
March 24th, 2013, 07:50 AM
So it's down to genetics which is what I really thought. But mine being a definite i and no possible ii, it would probably look too thin extremely long anyway :( I am in my late 40s and have never done anything to my hair which would stop it from achieving that length so I can say for me, at least it is impossible. But it is long, atlhough not to the great lengths shown here in these boards.

I think we could say this is fine hair and thin. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg9pzm5B8Yw&feature=player_embedded

Angelica
March 24th, 2013, 07:51 AM
I don't think it's impossible. Surely more difficult, but not impossible.

I suppose at the end of the day anything is possible :) And there are so many lovely heads of hair on the topic :)

Vintagecoilylocks
March 24th, 2013, 08:02 AM
I suppose at the end of the day anything is possible :) And there are so many lovely heads of hair on the topic :)

I live with Mennonites for many years. Some of the ladies buns were so small but when they took the hair down it was long and beautiful.

Fethenwen
March 24th, 2013, 08:10 AM
I think we could say this is fine hair and thin. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg9pzm5B8Yw&feature=player_embedded

Actually I think her hair was more of a ii than thin.

AspenSong
March 24th, 2013, 08:22 AM
I wish my fine and thin hair looked like all of you ladies! I'm an i, at under 2" for my ponytail....it's just a few inches from classic and I keep debating just cutting it!

shalindra
March 24th, 2013, 09:16 AM
My hair is definately i. I trim the ends about twice a year just to get rid of the wisps because it seems to add to the fly away look my light hair always seems to have. I have noticed a great difference since I started using the baking soda shampoo, basically using the conditioner and adding baking soda and 1 egg yolk. I water down my conditioner (camomile tea,lemon juice and sage) into a spray bottle and use sapringly when I put it up or it looks a little frazzled. I am currently at TBL hopefully will get to classic again (not since high school) I am doing a honey treatment once a week, it definately looks and feels healthier.

PraiseCheeses
March 24th, 2013, 09:23 AM

:agape:

So shiny.... like a chocolate waterfall... Very inspiring!

hippie_girl and Kherome, you both have amazing hair! Yes, it CAN be done! :cheese:

Cupofmilk
March 24th, 2013, 09:33 AM

The thickness of the braid at the nape of the neck looks to be more like a iii to me although there is a lot of taper.

jacqueline101
March 24th, 2013, 09:59 AM
My hair isn't overly thick in my opinion it's a 3 inch ponytail circumference. I'm at bsl and I'm growing at a decent rate.

Kherome
March 24th, 2013, 10:07 AM
That video appears to be a smush video...you know, the ones designed for ****** people who are um...happy...when they watch long hair. But she does have beautiful hair. I agree she is likely an iii though, with taper at the ends.

Kherome
March 24th, 2013, 10:08 AM
:agape:

hippie_girl and Kherome, you both have amazing hair! Yes, it CAN be done! :cheese:

Thank you. I often get to the point where I think I could just chop it off out of frustration Haha, but I persevere.

PraiseCheeses
March 24th, 2013, 10:24 AM
That video appears to be a smush video...you know, the ones designed for ****** people who are um...happy...when they watch long hair. But she does have beautiful hair. I agree she is likely an iii though, with taper at the ends.

Huh, I must be naive. :p It seemed more instructional to me: "This is how you gently comb out a sleep braid LONGER THAN YOUR ARMS!" sort of thing. But f*tish*sts are bizarre. :shrug:

Her braid doesn't look like a iii to me - it looks a bit thicker at the nape than mine, and my tightly compressed ponytail is 2 5/8". I wouldn't say it's super thin, but it does look fine and isn't the challah loaf braid we all thud over here. It's nice to see inspiration from a thickness more attainable by the general population. :)

Angelica
March 24th, 2013, 11:54 AM
That youtube link, her hair is simply magnificent, in superb condition. I can see it was fine in texture, but definitely thicker that I.

Shalindra your hair is beautiful. I am pretty sure my hair is only inch thickness, and that sounds as if I am almost bald, but it doesn't look like that and looks thicker up.

Angelica
March 24th, 2013, 11:54 AM
That youtube link, her hair is simply magnificent, in superb condition. I can see it was fine in texture, but definitely thicker that I.

Shalindra your hair is beautiful. I am pretty sure my hair is only inch thickness, and that sounds as if I am almost bald, but it doesn't look like that and looks thicker up.

Firefly
March 24th, 2013, 08:49 PM

WOW-- very inspiring. Thank you for sharing!

MsBubbles
March 24th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Her braid doesn't look like a iii to me - it looks a bit thicker at the nape than mine, and my tightly compressed ponytail is 2 5/8". I wouldn't say it's super thin, but it does look fine and isn't the challah loaf braid we all thud over here. It's nice to see inspiration from a thickness more attainable by the general population. :)

LOL. This gave me a laugh!

The girl in the video does have lovely hair. I'd like to think that's what mine'd look like (texture, thickness, color) if it behaved itself and hardly ever shed. So now I'm 100% sure after seeing that video that I definitely don't want mine that long!

vindo
March 25th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Actually I think her hair was more of a ii than thin.

I second that. I would even say on the thicker side of ii at least 8.5cm. I know her from LHC and I think I recall even reading in the ponytail circumference thread that her hair was 9cm/ 3.5". I would not bet on fine hair until I see it up close. My hair often gets mistaken as fine.

Mesmerise
March 25th, 2013, 05:24 PM
The thickness of the braid at the nape of the neck looks to be more like a iii to me although there is a lot of taper.
Yeah, this. Maybe not quite a iii but definitely on the high end of ii (at the nape). She has a lot of taper... but that's probably because she has very long hair! My hair is at the low end of ii and my braid looks a lot thinner than hers at the top (I haven't measured my circ in awhile... it depresses me because of shedding... but I'd say it'd be about 2 1/4" now). In fact, the top of my braid looks about as thick as hers at hip... so while her hair is, indeed, lovely... I'm not sure it's really all that helpful for those of us on the i or low ii end of the spectrum!

Vintagecoilylocks
March 26th, 2013, 08:55 AM
I realize the youtube lady has a beautiful head of hair but it is fine and well kept no matter the thickness it can grow long. the Op was not sure her fine hair could grow long. Fine hair can grow and can look lovely no matter the thickness if well care for.

so don't give up.

Kherome
March 26th, 2013, 09:58 AM
LOL. This gave me a laugh!

The girl in the video does have lovely hair. I'd like to think that's what mine'd look like (texture, thickness, color) if it behaved itself and hardly ever shed. So now I'm 100% sure after seeing that video that I definitely don't want mine that long!

Why? You have nice hair I bet it would look nice at that length given the care and time?

Kherome
March 26th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Huh, I must be naive. :p It seemed more instructional to me: "This is how you gently comb out a sleep braid LONGER THAN YOUR ARMS!" sort of thing. But f*tish*sts are bizarre. :shrug:

True. I'm not saying that was her intent with the video, that's just what it made me think of when I saw it!

Silverbrumby
March 27th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Yeah, this. Maybe not quite a iii but definitely on the high end of ii (at the nape). She has a lot of taper... but that's probably because she has very long hair! My hair is at the low end of ii and my braid looks a lot thinner than hers at the top (I haven't measured my circ in awhile... it depresses me because of shedding... but I'd say it'd be about 2 1/4" now). In fact, the top of my braid looks about as thick as hers at hip... so while her hair is, indeed, lovely... I'm not sure it's really all that helpful for those of us on the i or low ii end of the spectrum!

I'm with you there. The very top of my braid is about 1/3 third of hers in the video. At about the 4th bump in my braid it reduces by 1/2. I HAVE thin hair ;)

In the past two years I've been babying it, bunning, sulfate free shampoos, braiding, satin pillow slip, MSM, biosil, biotin, whey protein shakes once a day. It's still THIN and this is just how it is for me now. I'm working on my next big hair project. ACCEPTANCE. I feel that loving my hair the way it is and not longing for something it will never be is the key.

I have hair that is around 2 inches circumference but drops off to 1 inch about 4 inches down from the base of my skull. It has fairtail ends at about 27 inches.

Quahatundightu
March 28th, 2013, 07:21 AM
My circumference at nape is 3" but by the time it hits shoulder it's down to 2" and keeps tapering from there. I am currently just past TB and wondering if it will be able to look good much longer than this. Regular trims definitely help. It's always inspiring to see other thin/fine haired people with long hair :)

Silverbrumby
March 28th, 2013, 02:11 PM
My circumference at nape is 3" but by the time it hits shoulder it's down to 2" and keeps tapering from there. I am currently just past TB and wondering if it will be able to look good much longer than this. Regular trims definitely help. It's always inspiring to see other thin/fine haired people with long hair :)

By the time my hits shoulder is less than an inch. I have seen beautiful fine thin hair very long. It seems to be where the taper really starts matters. Bye the time my hair hits BSL which it's at now I'm down to 1/5 of inch circumference.

Achlys
March 28th, 2013, 06:04 PM
My hair is not that long, only almost waist, but I'm trying to grow to classic. I have fine hair and 5,3 cm circumference at nape. I do have some taper but not too much. I remember my hair used to fade away at the ends when I was treating it badly, but this time I haven't encountered any significant problems yet.

Quahatundightu
March 29th, 2013, 07:01 AM
By the time my hits shoulder is less than an inch. I have seen beautiful fine thin hair very long. It seems to be where the taper really starts matters. Bye the time my hair hits BSL which it's at now I'm down to 1/5 of inch circumference.

Yes I think you're right. When my hair was hip length (2010) it was less than 1" at BSL and now it is 1" at waist. So hopefully like me, your thickness will keep growing down! I have hope that I haven't reached my genetic limit yet. Perhaps I need to grow past my goal and then cut back, as I never seem to get thickness as I grow, even if I maintain at the same length for a while.

bunzfan
March 29th, 2013, 07:33 AM

Another fine haired person here, the strands are very fine but i have a lot so it looks thicker than it is, i think your hair has thickened up a lot since i've known you anyway the thickness has traveled down your length a lot i would love to see you at classic length.

Silverbrumby
March 29th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Yes I think you're right. When my hair was hip length (2010) it was less than 1" at BSL and now it is 1" at waist. So hopefully like me, your thickness will keep growing down! I have hope that I haven't reached my genetic limit yet. Perhaps I need to grow past my goal and then cut back, as I never seem to get thickness as I grow, even if I maintain at the same length for a while.

Thank you and I hope so. I did cut about 5 inches off my hair last year and it was between 24 to 27 inches last year. Even with 4 trims taking off 5 1/2 inches it didn't thicken up :( I'll keep going and hope that changes. I'm giving it all of this year to see how it does. If it doesn't then I'll trim back to an inch above bra and just try for healthy thicker looking hair.

shalindra
April 9th, 2013, 02:25 PM

Thanks for the compliment, I must say I have learned a lot over the years like, dont go to bed with a pony tail holder in your hair unless its braided... Last time I did that I ended up cutting a HUGE mat out, and with this hair I dont have a lot to cut :)

I hate how flat it seems when I bun it up, give me a ver severe look :(

Savvyhorsez
April 9th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Count me in this group for sure, I have extremely thin and fine hair.

Agnes Hannah
April 7th, 2014, 01:18 PM
OOHHH such inspiration for us fineys wanting the ultimate, thank you. Any more finey long haireds out there!

divinedobbie
April 7th, 2014, 05:41 PM
I'm definitely a finey but not long haired yet ;p

My circumference at nape is 2.75" and it tapers badly to about 1/2" at BSL but that's mostly due to really terrible layers being chopped into my hair (that I'm slowly growing out!) and also the dye/heat I tortured it with a few years ago when I went through a "phase". My hair naturally tends to hold it's circumfrence even at the ends. When my hair was MBL (the longest it's ever been) it still had about 2" circumference. I'm really hoping to get to hip and we will see then :).

Larki
April 7th, 2014, 05:45 PM
Well, mine is fine, but not as thin as I'm seeing here. My ponytail circumference is just over 3.5 inches. It has grown in the last couple months from 3.25.

UP Lisa
April 8th, 2014, 09:03 AM

I could NEVER run my fingers or anything else through my hair like that.

MaryMarx
April 8th, 2014, 09:57 AM

Oh my, if that is thin hair, I guess I don't have any hair at all. :(

Marika
April 8th, 2014, 11:01 AM
Oh my, if that is thin hair, I guess I don't have any hair at all. :(

My thoughts exactly! :D

Agnes Hannah
May 31st, 2014, 01:40 PM
Can I bump this thread

LadyJJ
May 31st, 2014, 01:43 PM
My hair are not very very long as on this video but they are definetely thin :/

Any tips/oils diy treatments that can make them better and look thicker or something?

jacqueline101
May 31st, 2014, 04:33 PM
My hair is bsl so it's not too long but it seems thinner then it was at shoulder length. I think it's an illusion as your hair grows it gets thinner.

jacqueline101
May 31st, 2014, 04:37 PM
My hair are not very very long as on this video but they are definetely thin :/

Any tips/oils diy treatments that can make them better and look thicker or something?

Have you micro trimmed? I did that to remove my layers that made my hem line thicker. Oils I like are sweet almond, argan, and coconut oil. I don't know about them making hair thicker but they made the over all health better.

mandalee73
May 31st, 2014, 10:11 PM
my hair is fine and thin. My ponytail at nape is exactly 2". I do have layers though so maybe its a little thicker than that. I am currently at bsl and hoping I can at least get to waist. Looking in here has defo given me inspiration :D

Night_Kitten
June 1st, 2014, 12:46 PM
My hair is on the thin side of ii (just a bit over 2'' ponytail), hoping to get to the really long lengths eventually (hopefully with some resemblance of a hemline too)...

Originally Posted by Vintagecoilylocks
I think we could say this is fine hair and thin. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg9pz...layer_embedded

Her hair is beautiful, hopefully mine will get inspired to grow long and pretty like that :)
She may have thin hair as far as each strand goes (fine hair that is), but overall I don't think her hair is thin, her braid looks thicker than mine, so she must be well into the ii range... Her bun "compresses" better than mine though - maybe it's one of the traits of fine hair?

pixldust
June 1st, 2014, 03:42 PM
I'm so chuffed that I found this thread! My pony is currently a 2.5 incher, and even though I can't include my fringe and the grown out sides that used to shaved, I reckon even when I can I'll still be under 3". I get disheartened about my lack of thickness and sometimes question my decision to grow. But seeing such beautiful hair on here has given me a boost and strengthened my resolve to keeps growing. Thanks to everyone who's posted :heart:

Jinxhigh
June 1st, 2014, 04:07 PM
I could NEVER run my fingers or anything else through my hair like that.

Oh my .... I'm feeling much much hair envy after watching this video!! =D

Laura in 'bama

LadyJJ
June 1st, 2014, 04:16 PM
Have you micro trimmed? I did that to remove my layers that made my hem line thicker. Oils I like are sweet almond, argan, and coconut oil. I don't know about them making hair thicker but they made the over all health better.

Thanks, never knew about that, will try that next time because now I was at hairdressers to cut my split ends:p

I have argan an coconut oil, and also shea butter and castor oil. I need to get almond oil with time.

Sarahlabyrinth
June 1st, 2014, 06:07 PM
Pardon me for saying so, but many of you are all complaining that you have thin hair, yet your stats say that you are a ii in thickness - which is normal thickness. I don't get it.

jacqueline101
June 1st, 2014, 08:20 PM
Thanks, never knew about that, will try that next time because now I was at hairdressers to cut my split ends:p

I have argan an coconut oil, and also shea butter and castor oil. I need to get almond oil with time.

Those are good oils in my opinion they're light oils. I've never done castor oil but people praise it. Maybe the hair dresser thought the trim would help thicken up your hair. Like I stated to micro trim and grow out layers.

jacqueline101
June 1st, 2014, 08:21 PM

Those are good oils in my opinion they're light oils. I've never done castor oil but people praise it. Maybe the hair dresser thought the trim would help thicken up your hair. Like I stated to micro trim and grow out layers.

Marika
June 1st, 2014, 11:33 PM
Pardon me for saying so, but many of you are all complaining that you have thin hair, yet your stats say that you are a ii in thickness - which is normal thickness. I don't get it.

Personally, in my opinion I'm on thinner side of normal because of the taper. If the ends are see-through, people consider you as having thin hair even if your ponytail circumference was 5". Not that I care what other people think but I happen to think so too. I get severe taper no matter how much I baby my hair but yes, my hair could potentially be quite thick (ponytail circumference is 3.5"). At the moment, the taper is not that bad but my hair isn't that long (yet).

ETA: Here's my length pic from early May. It doesn't help if I trimmed my hair to APL for example because it always grows back like this but I think microtrimming helps a little bit. And there's almost always that scalp cleavage showing which is usual for fineys.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10944&d=1400214437

inanna
June 2nd, 2014, 02:17 AM
That video is definitely going into my pile of stuff to look at when I feel the urge to chop. Her hair is definitely not thin, but it is fine. And by fine I mean not only texture but appearance! ;)

Sarahlabyrinth, I think the urge to self-diagnose thin hair is also a result of seeing all the head-eating buns and super thick braids that the lovely people of LHC post in various threads. Personally, I've had to stop looking at the bun/braid threads, because they tend to make me feel bad about my (perfectly average) thickness.

jacqueline101
June 2nd, 2014, 07:15 AM
In my opinion my hair is thin it tapers but breaks and splits easily.

Agnes Hannah
June 12th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Mine is thin and fine, a double whammy!

UP Lisa
June 13th, 2014, 06:35 AM

Happens a lot, doesn't it? Also, a lot of people say their hair is baby fine, when they have it classed as F/M.

UP Lisa
June 13th, 2014, 06:42 AM
In my opinion my hair is thin it tapers but breaks and splits easily.

Fine, but not thin, apparently.

Fiachain
June 13th, 2014, 12:24 PM
Great with some inspiration guys, thank you! My pony is just shy of 1,5 inches at the nape, and I hope it's possible to grow it long without it looking like a rat-tail when braided... It kinda does now :p

KaleidoscopeEyz
June 13th, 2014, 01:49 PM
This thread gives me hope. :heart: I will be subscribing to it. :) hopefully one day I can have beautiful long hair like all of you here.

roseomalley
June 13th, 2014, 06:38 PM
Thanks for giving this fine and thin-haired lady some awesome inspiration. It is a great thread.

lapushka
June 14th, 2014, 03:54 PM
Gosh, I wish I had a picture of my mom with her hair out of her bun, back when she still used to wear it like that. She has i/ii hair and when she was in her forties grew it out to past BSL. It was always in a beebutt bun/cinnabun on the top of her head. And she dyed it red at the time as well (chemically, no henna). Now her hair is bordering APL and light blonde (since she started graying) - she's almost 69 now.