PDA

View Full Version : How to repeat this braided style?

cubedcoley
October 11th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Can anybody tell me how to repeat this braided style? I am referring to the one on Natalie Morales.. She has the nice braided pile of hair at the base of her head. I really love it and my hair is only a few inches longer than hers, but I can't figure out what was done. Two dutch braids, horizontal? Three braids? I am very unsure. Any help would be nice. Thanks!:cheese:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xll7c5_nbc-today-show-braids-are-back_news

Sagi1982
October 11th, 2011, 11:33 AM
I can't see the vid... :confused:

Shelly
October 11th, 2011, 11:39 AM

I can't either. :(

Shelly
October 11th, 2011, 11:40 AM

I can't either. :( Maybe if you could find a pic of the same style.

cubedcoley
October 11th, 2011, 02:57 PM
hmmm, I can't find a picture... does this link work for anybody?

http://www.hulu.com/watch/287233/nbc-today-show-braids-are-back

Anneimaire
October 11th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Say I cant due to not being in the USA its IP locked to USA only.

Anje
October 11th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Make sure you disable adblockers.... That'll at least help the US folks see it.

Unfortunately, I have no idea which one Natalie Morales is. My guess is one of the people around 4:00-4:30.

wooliswonderful
October 11th, 2011, 03:50 PM
I saw that news bit yesterday,
I'm able to view it from this link (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xll7c5_nbc-today-show-braids-are-back_news).
I can't find a pic of her online wearing it but from pausing the video it appears to be three dutch braids; one starting from the right side of her head above her ear, one from the center back, and a thinner one from above the left ear. The first two are braided towards the left side of her head, the third to the right and then all three are coiled and pinned on the back of the head.

cubedcoley
October 11th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Thanks Wooliswonderful. You are probably correct about the dutch braids. I tried it with two horizontal dutch braids but it did not seem quite right. I have Day 4 hair tomorrow so will probably try it if... if DD (22 months) does not have something to clean up and DS (5 weeks!) does not need a feeding... a changing.... a snuggling!

Clem_Dela
October 11th, 2011, 09:25 PM
The link worked for me. It's the style where you make some braids behind your ears and cross them over your head like a headband. Not sure what it's called but I'm sure someone else will :)

Dizzy_zzz
October 11th, 2011, 09:45 PM
The link worked for me. It's the style where you make some braids behind your ears and cross them over your head like a headband. Not sure what it's called but I'm sure someone else will :)

Maiden braids ;)

mora
October 11th, 2011, 09:48 PM
I'm braiding deficient but here's a screenshot (of what I think the OP is referring to) for those who can't see the video.

edited: I removed the screenshot because I wasn't sure if it was OK to embed the image of a screenshot from my flickr account.

wooliswonderful
October 12th, 2011, 01:45 AM
I think you're talking about Savannah's braid, there were several styles on the show. :)