PDA

View Full Version : Feeling stuck

BeccaAngel
October 11th, 2011, 10:23 AM
I want to keep my darker hair but I want my natural back, or close to it. (which is light brown) i know how to get that color back but i can't decide if i really want to do it or not. what do you think?:)

here's what it looks like now: http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx114/annalevion/Hair/notgonnacry-1.jpg

and this is it natural a few years ago: http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx114/annalevion/1kindofcloseup.jpg

LadyCelestina
October 11th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Uhh well maybe just adjusting the tone of your dark hair to the tone of your natural hair colour,so overall it looks like your natural,just darker?
I don't know,you have to decide for yourself :)

Mountaingrrl
October 11th, 2011, 10:30 AM
You could do both! I think some natural pieces around your face would look nice, with the darker color in back.

BeccaAngel
October 11th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Uhh well maybe just adjusting the tone of your dark hair to the tone of your natural hair colour,so overall it looks like your natural,just darker?
I don't know,you have to decide for yourself :)

when it comes to my hair, it takes me a long time to decide what i want to do with it. because of the risks of doing some things. I like to have help in my decision that way i wont stress as much about it.:)

heidi w.
October 11th, 2011, 11:24 AM
What about a 2-tone color pattern such as much darker underneath and the canopy more your natural color? Your natural color seems to be on the "blonde" range; and the dark color is quite dark comparatively.....

heidi w.

sweetaj
October 11th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Both colors look great with your skin tone, but I really love the dark on you. Your natural color is very pretty also btw!

AJ

spidermom
October 11th, 2011, 12:52 PM
I think the dark looks very harsh next to your skin tone, but that's just an opinion. You could have both, you know. Grow out your natural and use a temporary color that gradually fades out when you want a change. Manic Panic makes black.

lillylonghair
October 11th, 2011, 12:54 PM
I know I'm in the minority but I think the darker hair is too dark and too cool for you. I think a happy medium would be a rich dark chocolately or golden brown.

But I know where you are coming from! I am getting to the point where I want my natural color back but I know I'll miss the drama of the black.

I don't know if you like red but I think henna over your natural color would look nice:)

Vanille_
October 11th, 2011, 12:54 PM
I think the dark looks a bit harsh against your tone as well. I love the natural color :)

LadyCelestina
October 25th, 2011, 08:17 AM
when it comes to my hair, it takes me a long time to decide what i want to do with it. because of the risks of doing some things. I like to have help in my decision that way i wont stress as much about it.

Yes I know that feeling :D :)

BlazingHeart
October 25th, 2011, 01:19 PM
I'm going to agree with some of the other folks in this thread, I think your natural color is more flattering to your skintone. I would guess that the darker color probably highlights when you are tired or not feeling well (as if that is not obvious enough for those of us with really fair skin). Of course, it is your hair, so you should do what makes you happy. You are the one who has to live with it, after all, not me!

-Blaze

jojo
October 25th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Maybe a softer brown would be more flattening, I have to agree with theothers the dark is too dark for your skin tone and makes your skin looked washed out. My natural hair colour is similar to yours and Ive recently used a chocolate semi by castings which is a lovely colour, though to get a chocolate colour you may have to remove the darker dye first with color oops or colour B4 and then dye or you may end up darker.