PDA

View Full Version : Oct 2008/2009/2010/2011 comparison pics

Debra83
October 10th, 2011, 10:47 PM
In the beginning, when I first joined, I found comparison pics to be very helpful for me...hope the newbies are encouraged by mine...the only thing I would have done differently is the trimming....I would recommend not to do it as often as I did do it, because it slowed down my length....:o

October 2008

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=25591&albumid=2126&dl=1259300818&thumb=1

October 2009

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=52811&albumid=2126&dl=1255669022&thumb=1

October 2010

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=85467&albumid=6238&dl=1308293557&thumb=1

October 2011

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=115557&albumid=6238&dl=1318063440&thumb=1

Vanille_
October 10th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Very nice and inspiring!

Debra83
October 10th, 2011, 11:00 PM
Very nice and inspiring!

Thanks Vanille!!! Big Hug! :D

JamieLeigh
October 10th, 2011, 11:05 PM
I was hoping you would post today! ;) You and heidi_234 both joined exactly a week before I did, so I try to watch for your anniversary threads.

You sure have come a long way in 3 years! Congrats on the anniversary and the progress! Looking fabulous! :flower:

Roscata
October 10th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Great progress! :D

Debra83
October 10th, 2011, 11:07 PM
I was hoping you would post today! ;) You and heidi_234 both joined exactly a week before I did, so I try to watch for your anniversary threads.

You sure have come a long way in 3 years! Congrats on the anniversary and the progress! Looking fabulous! :flower:

Thanks JamieLeigh!!!! Glad to see you are still plugging away at it as well!!!! This site sure is addictive, eh?! :cheese:

CC-Bale
October 10th, 2011, 11:07 PM
I don't see any posted pictures?

Debra83
October 10th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Great progress! :D

Thanks Roscata!!! :D You snuck in as I was replying to JamieLeigh!

Debra83
October 10th, 2011, 11:11 PM
I don't see any posted pictures?

Welcome to the site CC-Bale!!! I think it may be because you are a "new member". If I remember correctly there are some restrictions until you have the correct number of posts, or the correct time has passed..........

CC-Bale
October 10th, 2011, 11:13 PM
oooh ok :) Thanks for letting me know.

Debra83
October 10th, 2011, 11:14 PM
oooh ok :) Thanks for letting me know.

No problem!

Lostsoule77
October 10th, 2011, 11:37 PM
I think the longer your hair gets the prettier it is. I'm just one of those kind of people though. :) I think you've had a lot of growth despite the trimming. Plus your ends look so nice probably because of it. :)
I always love these threads and it definitely is inspiring when it comes from someone whose been on the site a bit longer and you can see how much really grows if you have the patience. :)

Debra83
October 10th, 2011, 11:41 PM
I think the longer your hair gets the prettier it is. I'm just one of those kind of people though. :) I think you've had a lot of growth despite the trimming. Plus your ends look so nice probably because of it. :)
I always love these threads and it definitely is inspiring when it comes from someone whose been on the site a bit longer and you can see how much really grows if you have the patience. :)

Thanks Lostsoule77!! I was hoping it would be encouraging...your hair is already beyond my stated final goal!!!! If you did it exactly like I did it, with those trims, in 3 years, you should be at least knee length!!!! :cheese: Awesome!

kanaka
October 10th, 2011, 11:50 PM
That's an amazing growth and much inspiring. Thumbs up :)

Debra83
October 11th, 2011, 12:00 AM
That's an amazing growth and much inspiring. Thumbs up :)

Thank you for the kindness, kanaka. Needless to say, but I will anyway, YOUR hair is AMAZING!!! :cheese: Are you not at tailbone already?

kanaka
October 11th, 2011, 12:06 AM
Thank you for the kindness, kanaka. Needless to say, but I will anyway, YOUR hair is AMAZING!!! :cheese: Are you not at tailbone already?

Hey, thanks for your sweet comment Debra.
I think my hair is hip length or may be a bit past hip length. If you its TBL then i will be so so so happy i can say.

How many times did you cut your hair in these 4 years?? just want to know :)

Debra83
October 11th, 2011, 12:19 AM
Hey, thanks for your sweet comment Debra.
I think my hair is hip length or may be a bit past hip length. If you its TBL then i will be so so so happy i can say.

How many times did you cut your hair in these 4 years?? just want to know :)

You're welcome!!! It DOES look like tbl in that sig pic to me!!! I'd check it out if I were you!!!

I cut my hair once, and had/did a total of 10 trims since joining the site 3 years ago. Toying with the idea of doing another one, but think I'll wait until after Christmas because I'm in the Waist by Christmas thread, and just want to see how long I'll be by then without trimming....

kanaka
October 11th, 2011, 12:34 AM
You're welcome!!! It DOES look like tbl in that sig pic to me!!! I'd check it out if I were you!!!

I cut my hair once, and had/did a total of 10 trims since joining the site 3 years ago. Toying with the idea of doing another one, but think I'll wait until after Christmas because I'm in the Waist by Christmas thread, and just want to see how long I'll be by then without trimming....

I will definitely check it :)
That's a nice decision. you will definitely be past waist soon and will be on your journey to hip if you don,t cut your hair a lot :D

i had past TBL hair until May but i got it cut to past waist with front layers by the end of may. and now i am feeling very bad for that. But i did one micro-trim after my big hair haircut. i will do another micro-trim in November or December i guess

Debra83
October 11th, 2011, 01:53 AM
I will definitely check it :)
That's a nice decision. you will definitely be past waist soon and will be on your journey to hip if you don,t cut your hair a lot :D

i had past TBL hair until May but i got it cut to past waist with front layers by the end of may. and now i am feeling very bad for that. But i did one micro-trim after my big hair haircut. i will do another micro-trim in November or December i guess

Let me know if you are at tbl already!!!

My goal has always been waist, but after being here for this long, I find myself thinking of going to hip!!!! But, for sure, when I hit waist, I will be a very happy hairgrower! :cheese:

kanaka
October 11th, 2011, 02:34 AM
Let me know if you are at tbl already!!!

My goal has always been waist, but after being here for this long, I find myself thinking of going to hip!!!! But, for sure, when I hit waist, I will be a very happy hairgrower! :cheese:

I will inform you Debra about my hair length. that,s so sweet of u :D

Happy growing. Hip length will be great, you will definitely hit it soon :)

Libbylou
October 11th, 2011, 03:33 AM
Amazing growth. You started out at the same length as mine was about 6 months ago. I hope mine grows that much in a year. Just curious, did you trim so often to even out the layers? I was hoping to only do a couple trims a year until mine are gone, or do you suggest I wait.
Has your hair care changed at the various lengths over the past 3 years?

Debra83
October 11th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Amazing growth. You started out at the same length as mine was about 6 months ago. I hope mine grows that much in a year. Just curious, did you trim so often to even out the layers? I was hoping to only do a couple trims a year until mine are gone, or do you suggest I wait.
Has your hair care changed at the various lengths over the past 3 years?

Thanks!!! I did have a few layers because of the cut I started with, but I found that my hair grows a little unevenly!!! I think a couple of trims a year is a very good suggestion...I wish I had done it that way instead.

From being on this site, my hair care changed greatly, and I've found a formula that I've stuck with for quite awhile. Biggest difference for me is the Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Conditioner (no cones), and CWC's. (I was already taking vitamins which I recommend also).

Good luck on finding the routine that is best for you...you're off to a good start with being on this site!! :cheese:

Aqua Gal
October 11th, 2011, 03:04 PM
I love these threads. It's awesome to watch the growth. Your hair looks so nice, maybe the trims were a good thing after all.

Debra83
October 12th, 2011, 12:06 AM
I love these threads. It's awesome to watch the growth. Your hair looks so nice, maybe the trims were a good thing after all.

Thanks! :D