PDA

View Full Version : hrm... did I type my hair wrong?

hendricks82
October 10th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Since it was wash day I decided to experiment and do a "proper" hair typing.

I oiled, then washed my scalp, and conditioned the ends. I combed while the conditioner was on my hair wrapped it in a towel, and then let it down to dry. This is what I got Waves?? I knew my hair was scrunchable, but waves? Where did those come from?? So does this make me a 1b instead of a 1a?

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab71/hendricks82/Hair/IMG_20111010_163810.jpg

Oh and I officially measured my pony today too :-) 2.25, which is much fatter than what I thought is was... me and my hair are having a personal discovery day

Yozhik
October 10th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Ideally, for hair typing your hair should be left to dry unbrushed.
Or you could do what curlies do and comb in the shower with conditioner glopped through your hair.

However, with those waves I'd definitely say you're not a 1a! Probably a 1b, but I'm not sure because I'm not great with typing in the 1s. :)

Ooh, and congrats about getting a thicker circumference than you thought! :flower:

pepperminttea
October 10th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Looks like a 1C or a 1C/2A to me. :) Congrats on your new found texture! :D

hendricks82
October 10th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Ideally, for hair typing your hair should be left to dry unbrushed.
Or you could do what curlies do and comb in the shower with conditioner glopped through your hair.

This is exactly what I did. No brushing outside of the shower. I combed with the conditioner

pink.sara
October 10th, 2011, 04:06 PM
I'd say that was 1c (one or more S waves) to 2a! If there's more than one S wave in a single strand you arent in the 1 category anymore :)

I'm a 1a-1b and with clarifying shampoo, a detangle in the shower then leaving it untouched there are no discernible waves whatsoever. I only add the 1b as my ends will turn ever so slightly one way or the other.

Anje
October 10th, 2011, 04:15 PM
I'd say those waves make you at least 1c. Maybe 1c/2a. It's a pretty common range for people on here to suddenly say, "whoa, I have wavy hair! When did that happen?"

hendricks82
October 10th, 2011, 04:22 PM
This is me... off to change my hairtype and start learning ways to cultivate these waves

:joy: I'm a wurly :-)

Thanks LHCers for ALL the fun new tips.

xoxophelia
October 10th, 2011, 04:31 PM
You are definitely at least 1C. Looking at the sides and the ends I would change it to 1C for now and then maybe as your hair gets longer it will be more noticably 1C/2A or 2A.

Yozhik
October 10th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Sorry! I got confused with your sentence where you said that you combed while conditioner was on your head, then wrapped it in a towel (I guess I assumed you meant that you put in leave-in conditioner).

Congrats on your new wurly status!
I like wurls because they're so versatile. :)