PDA

View Full Version : Braids for shoulder length hair

sunshine80
October 10th, 2011, 02:12 PM
I couldnt find any threads for braids for short hair...can someone direct me does anyone have any pics?:)

Madora
October 10th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Here's a tutorial for lace braiding for short hair:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPHEzUr5bWQ

sunshine80
October 10th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Thank you:)

Seharia
October 10th, 2011, 05:54 PM
I don't know if their are any threads about it. But you may be able to do double french/dutch braids and also headband braids.
I don't know what the official name is for what I call headband braids but basically you lace or french or rope braid from one ear across the top or you head to the other ear.

chou
October 10th, 2011, 06:23 PM
I have chin-length hair with cheekbone length grown-out bangs that I like to put into a little hairline braid about 3/4" wide to keep my hair off my face. I start dutch braiding at the point on my hairline directly above the outer edge of my eyebrow and keep going until I run out of hair on the other side. If it's messy it still looks pretty cute which is a bonus. Since your hair is longer than mine there's probably more fun stuff you can get away with. Happy braiding!

JessL
October 10th, 2011, 08:27 PM
I do a small french braid or rope braid in easc side and then either gather everything in a (tiny) bun. Today I took the two braids and brought them around to the back and secured in a small elastic. Then I gathered up my hair at the nape of my neck and secured with a clip.

sunshine80
October 11th, 2011, 05:33 AM
Wow those sound like great ideas! Thanks everyone! Now time to practice braiding:)