PDA

View Full Version : Three Years of Growth

pepperminttea
October 10th, 2011, 08:26 AM
So I've never really celebrated a hair-related anniversary. I always meant to, but I don't have a length shot from when I joined LHC. I searched through my photos earlier this year and came across my first ever length shot, from October 2008:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9822&pictureid=126826
It's difficult to tell with my Giant Shoulders of Doom™, but the longest layers were just at BSL, with the shortest ones at shoulder length (the legacy of 'feathering' haircuts - they were a good idea at the time...).

I semi-lurked on the LiveJournal community longhair for a few years, and that was where I first discovered the sulphates and 'cones debate, Torrin's videos, and lost my sense of the weirdness of photos of the back of a person's head. :p I didn't find here until the end of August 2009, but along the way I've experimented with a whole lot of washing methods, hairtoys, styles, detangling techniques, and goodness knows how many products. :)

It's fair to say I never thought my hair could get this long, and today it is the longest it has ever been (at one inch above BCL with braidwaves). :D

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9822&pictureid=126852

I haven't trimmed for 13 months (when I gave myself a blunt cut which removed the last of my old layers - thanks Feye (http://feyeselftrim.livejournal.com/2389.html)! :flower: ), so the hemline is just how it naturally grows. My ends do look frazzled, but they're actually okay as long as I'm kind to them and make sure they never get too dry. I braided all the way to the very ends last night to make sure they wouldn't be straighter than the rest of my length, so the waves in the ends are much tighter from a shrinking braid, which doesn't help.

But anyway - thanks to those here who've helped me (you know who you are :) ), and thanks to everyone for putting up with me. :p Here's to another three years of growing! :beerchug:

CastaDiva
October 10th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Congratulations on your anniversary, pepperminttea:) Your hair looks absolutely gorgeous:thud:

Avital88
October 10th, 2011, 08:32 AM
lovely braidwaves,i never manage to braid till the end..
Happy growing too it looks beautiful:)

freckles
October 10th, 2011, 08:33 AM
beautiful hair! congratulations on 3 years :)

Madora
October 10th, 2011, 08:33 AM
What wonderful progress, pepperminttea! Your hair looks terrific! Good for you!

kielrain
October 10th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Amazing growth. It looks so pretty!

Rocket22
October 10th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Congratulations on amazing hair growth!!! It looks so shiny and beautiful :)

vintage88
October 10th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Congratulations! You have stunning hair, and always have great advice too :)

PinkyCat
October 10th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Ooooooh shineyyyyy!

ericthegreat
October 10th, 2011, 09:12 AM
You have wonderful hair. It has made amazing progress over these past 3 years. It also looks shiner than it did before when you first joined. Keep up the good work!!!

infinity_girl
October 10th, 2011, 09:26 AM
You have really beautiful hair.

Yozhik
October 10th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Congratulations! :flowers: :smooch:

Your hair looks beautiful! It's gotten so long and looks incredibly healthy. :)

Have a great 3 year hairiversary. :flower:

teal
October 10th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Oh, how lovely! :) Great progress and congratulations!

bunzfan
October 10th, 2011, 10:08 AM
You know i just love your hair:D out of interest how long do want to go classic?

pepperminttea
October 10th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Thanks so much for compliments everyone; I have a massive grin on my face right now! :D

bunzfan: I was thinking mid-thigh/fingertip so I'd have a classic-ish length braid (and enough length to do hair taping with one braid), though in all honesty I'm not sure. If my genetics don't stop me first, I think I'll just keep going and see what I can cope with. :)

honeyblonde
October 10th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Congrats! Your hair is beautiful! :)

kanaka
October 10th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Congrats!! Awesome hair growth and gorgeous hair. braid waves are so pretty. love your hair :)

Loreley
October 10th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Gorgeous hair, pepperminttea! Congrats on your anniversary! :cheer:

MrsGuther
October 10th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Gorgeous! Beautiful growth!

Rybe
October 10th, 2011, 12:15 PM
So pretty! Congrats :D I love your color and your waves and your shiny!

SusanSt
October 10th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Your hair is beautiful! It looks so thick, and I love the braid waves. :)

Emerald88
October 10th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Congratulations, your hair is beautiful.

SpinDance
October 10th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Very happy anniversary! Your hair is beautiful. What great progress!

Aqua Gal
October 10th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Your hair looks so pretty. I love the braidwaves.

spidermom
October 10th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Wow - your hair started out looking good and just kept right on going.

Slinks
October 10th, 2011, 02:42 PM
WHOA !!! yay great growth .. look at that hair :-)

ttverdy
October 10th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Congratulations! It looks beautiful and healthy.

BlazingHeart
October 10th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Lovely braidwaves! I'm envious!

I'd have to cut off 8" or so of layering effects from growing out a pageboy cut to braid to the tips, and even then...my hair is so dratted thick and tapers so little I'm not sure how close I could get. I recall always having a good 3"+ tassel the last time my hair was all one length because it just wouldn't go around itself anymore. I'd probably have to split my hair into 3 or 4 braids to get nice braidwaves like yours, and that's a lot of work for the waves...

~Blaze

Neecola
October 10th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Gorgeous! What an inspiration~

Nae
October 10th, 2011, 03:10 PM
So pretty!!!

caiti42
October 10th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Stunning :)

cindy58
October 10th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Congrats on your anniversary, your hair looks lovely!

lizdini
October 10th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Woot! Your hair is beautiful!!

Aimskylove
October 10th, 2011, 03:40 PM
You have beautiful shine and hair! :) Congrats!

CornishMaid
October 10th, 2011, 03:57 PM
So I've never really celebrated a hair-related anniversary. I always meant to, but I don't have a length shot from when I joined LHC. I searched through my photos earlier this year and came across my first ever length shot, from October 2008:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7365&pictureid=115777
It's difficult to tell with my Giant Shoulders of Doom™, but the longest layers were just at BSL, with the shortest ones at shoulder length (the legacy of 'feathering' haircuts - they were a good idea at the time...).

I semi-lurked on the LiveJournal community longhair for a few years, and that was where I first discovered the sulphates and 'cones debate, Torrin's videos, and lost my sense of the weirdness of photos of the back of a person's head. :p I didn't find here until the end of August 2009, but along the way I've experimented with a whole lot of washing methods, hairtoys, styles, detangling techniques, and goodness knows how many products. :)

It's fair to say I never thought my hair could get this long, and today it is the longest it has ever been (at one inch above BCL with braidwaves). :D

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7365&pictureid=115778

I haven't trimmed for 13 months (when I gave myself a blunt cut which removed the last of my old layers - thanks Feye (http://feyeselftrim.livejournal.com/2389.html)! :flower: ), so the hemline is just how it naturally grows. My ends do look frazzled, but they're actually okay as long as I'm kind to them and make sure they never get too dry. I braided all the way to the very ends last night to make sure they wouldn't be straighter than the rest of my length, so the waves in the ends are much tighter from a shrinking braid, which doesn't help.

But anyway - thanks to those here who've helped me (you know who you are :) ), and thanks to everyone for putting up with me. :p Here's to another three years of growing! :beerchug:

Wow pepperminttea your hair is long luscious lovely & so shiny, you are an inspiration :toast:

dementedkitten
October 10th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Just beautiful and soooo shiney!

AnnaJamila
October 10th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Ooooo you have lovely hair! Congratulations! :)

Demetrue
October 10th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Your hair is absolutely stunning!

Lostsoule77
October 10th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Your hair is absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations on your anniversary. :)

thelittlestdoc
October 10th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Beautiful hair, amazing progress! I hope my hair looks that great after three years at LHC :)

Columbia River
October 10th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Wow! Gorgeous! Pictures like your keep me going forward!

Roscata
October 10th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Your hair is beautiful, happy anniversary! :D

MagicAndMayhem
October 10th, 2011, 10:03 PM
congrats! looks amazing! and also very inspiring :D

racrane
October 10th, 2011, 10:09 PM
It's so great. Lovely hair. :)