PDA

View Full Version : Scalp Massager

tgagurl27
October 10th, 2011, 04:39 AM
This is my first post so apologies if I don't post this correctly :rolleyes:. I have been scanning the beauty aisle of the supermarket (as usual, it's my favourite aisle :)) and I've come across these scalp massagers, they look somewhat like a whisk. I was wondering if anyone has tried them? Or has one that they use regularly? I should just buy one and try it out (they're only $4). I just wanted to check in with you guys and see if you know anything about this weird phenomenon. I'll try and add a link (because I don't know how to put photos on here :confused:)
Here's the link.. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B001IHXFQK/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=3760901&s=hpc

isabelx
October 10th, 2011, 04:45 AM
I have one! They're so strange looking but they feel lovely! It doesn't feel like a regular head massage though, and I don't think everyone enjoys them, my boyfriend flinches and says he feels 'literally physically sick' (:disgust:) when I use mine on him. As for promoting hair growth I'm not sure if they have the same effect as using your fingers, but I don't see why not :)

freckles
October 10th, 2011, 08:56 AM
DBF has one. We both love it, it feels totally amazing/bizaare. I have no idea whether it helps with growth, and my hair can definitely get a bit tangled from it ... but it's worth a try just for the feel!

fil
October 10th, 2011, 09:20 AM
if I were to reccomend and one thing to anyone anywhere EVER, it would be this thing. Probably the best invention in the history of mankind, besides tampons

especially if you enjoy chillin' with molly.

Rybe
October 10th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Oh man, those things give me the heebie-jeebies so bad. But everyone else I know loves them...I just feel like there's an alien crawling around on my head.

morrigan*
October 10th, 2011, 01:25 PM
I have that too and love it :)

nazzooyzo
October 10th, 2011, 01:29 PM
I have one although dont use it much anymore cos i got used to the tingly sensation but they are good!

DarleneH
October 10th, 2011, 01:29 PM
My bf has a battery powered one that feels, in the words of a reviewer on Amazon, "like some monster doing unspeakable things to your head". But that one you linked to may not be one of the battery powered ones, which are not as nice. The more you're having to move your arm around to get any effect from it takes away from your relaxation.

ouseljay
October 10th, 2011, 05:56 PM
I just got one. It's quite nice, and even nicer when you have someone to use it on you. It tingles. My Other melts into a puddle of goo. But my mother hates it. :shrug:

MarlieJane
October 10th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Ooooo, I love mine. I don't know what they're really called, but my hubby and I call it "the tingler"

BlazingHeart
October 10th, 2011, 07:18 PM
My fiance loves his. I find the sensation incredibly unpleasant and it sets me off scratching my scalp.

~Blaze

Clem_Dela
October 10th, 2011, 07:37 PM
ohhh,someone used one of those on my head when i wasn't expecting it... it was sooo weird! I thought it felt creepy and strange, but right now I think i'd really like one... :D

Roscata
October 10th, 2011, 10:56 PM
That massager feels awesome! I love it personally. :D

Yozhik
October 10th, 2011, 11:24 PM
I love these things! They feel weird and good at the same time. :)
One of my friends in college had one.

I don't actually think they do anything to promote hair growth (which is more about getting blood circulating), though.

Bazinga
October 11th, 2011, 02:41 AM
They gave those things away for free at my pharmacy. I love it, it's really relaxing for me.

tgagurl27
October 11th, 2011, 03:27 AM
Wow! I didn't think I'd get this many replies so quickly :D I have used one once and yes it does feel weird but I was thinking that maybe because it gives you a goose bumpy feeling that maybe that alone could help with circulation and hair growth? But I think I will get one now.. If i don't like it I think it will still be a fun thing to creep up behind people and surprise them by using it on them haha (people that I know, not just people on the street. I thought I better clarify that so I don't sound creepy ;) )