PDA

View Full Version : long hair is criminally disruptive!

ginalaurie
July 3rd, 2008, 09:22 PM
Ok, this is really funny and y'all are the only ones who'll really appreciate it.

My husband was watching one of those true crime shows the other day (I wasn't at home) and he said that a person who was convicted of murdering someone was asking for a retrial because one of the prosecutors had TB length hair that she wore loose during some of the trial and they said that it was too distracting for the jury whenever the prosecutor spoke in front of them. They said that the jury couldn't concentrate on the trial because they were too busy looking at her hair! He didn't catch whether or not this person was granted a new trial or not.

I've heard of the "twinkie" defense, but what would you call this?

getoffmyskittle
July 3rd, 2008, 09:25 PM

Rude, insulting..?

DecafJane
July 3rd, 2008, 09:35 PM
Rude, insulting..?

Or desperate. :rolleyes:

Siava
July 3rd, 2008, 09:36 PM
I'd call it a retrial based on BS. :lol:

Darkhorse1
July 3rd, 2008, 09:41 PM
I call that a waste of tax payers dollars. I mean, hello? Gimme a break!

Kiraela
July 3rd, 2008, 09:48 PM
I'd call it hilarious, at the least. Then again, if 12 people are so entranced by her hair that they might have given a wrong verdict... are those really the 12 people that you want deciding your fate? I mean, yeah, it's gorgeous, but you've got a bleedin' job to do here that may involve life or death.... ogle her hair later, dudes.

rubyann
July 4th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Too funny! Those writers were stretching abit, but really!

DiyaC
July 4th, 2008, 11:15 AM
How stupid. And how desperate.

janaana
July 4th, 2008, 11:22 AM
What next- will they be checking to see whether prosecutors have gorgeous eyes or a dazzling smile? If I'd been a member of the jury I'd feel really insulted that someone would assume I'm not capable of concentrating on an important matter when faced with something that's not all that unusual after all.

Pegasus Marsters
July 4th, 2008, 11:29 AM
I'd call it hilarious, at the least. Then again, if 12 people are so entranced by her hair that they might have given a wrong verdict... are those really the 12 people that you want deciding your fate? I mean, yeah, it's gorgeous, but you've got a bleedin' job to do here that may involve life or death.... ogle her hair later, dudes.

Yikes, yeah. I wouldn't want those guys deciding my fate O_O

FrannyG
July 4th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Good grief, Charlie Brown! :rolleyes:

domonic_uk
July 26th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Sound like he needs South Park with the Chewbacca defence

Carina
July 26th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Lol.Some people are full of bs.Hairpower anyone:eyebrows:

daeana
July 26th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Rude, insulting..?
or just plain stupid. :p

Nyghtingale
July 26th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Sound like he needs South Park with the Chewbacca defence

Haha, chewbacca defence. I love it :D

Speedbump
July 26th, 2008, 10:06 PM
You know, this actually would have been better if they had said this:

"Your honor, my defense lawyer could not properly represent me because he was too busy drooling over the prosecuting attorney's luscious locks!"

:twisted: :lol:

enitsirk
July 27th, 2008, 03:24 AM

Well, then, they wouldn't be, would they?

I don't think they use the same jury for a retrial.

Or maybe they do. *is looking it up* maybe it depends? Hrm. This is plain silly as it's something I should know!

Saranne772
July 27th, 2008, 05:23 AM
Pfft!! I can understand the distraction but its not likely to distract a jury! Especially when investigating a murder! I would say he is trying to delay sentance as much as possible because he knows he is guilty!!

Cinnamon.locks
July 28th, 2008, 12:17 AM
**the hair made me do it?** it's actually insane if this person got a retrial because of that! and as some here said, if the jury truly got distracted by the hair, who wants them to judge anyone? i'd preffer to go for the ** insanity defense** easier to get away with it.

Lisa-Maria
July 28th, 2008, 01:43 AM
Using long hair to hypnotize people, I like it. I'm going to hypnotize my dbf into cleaning the appartment!

willowcandra
July 28th, 2008, 06:26 AM
Ok, this is really funny and y'all are the only ones who'll really appreciate it.

My husband was watching one of those true crime shows the other day (I wasn't at home) and he said that a person who was convicted of murdering someone was asking for a retrial because one of the prosecutors had TB length hair that she wore loose during some of the trial and they said that it was too distracting for the jury whenever the prosecutor spoke in front of them. They said that the jury couldn't concentrate on the trial because they were too busy looking at her hair! He didn't catch whether or not this person was granted a new trial or not.

I can see that! Pretty long hair can be very distracting. But after a few minutes the novelty would wear off surely........but if you are convicted you will probably try every avenue of hope to get off.

Mebo
July 28th, 2008, 09:38 AM
I did have a defendant tell me that he had dreams about my hair. That's when I started keeping it in a bun when I was in the courthouse!

Retrial? Not a good reason......

FYI, if they do retry a case, it's with a new jury.

burns_erin
July 28th, 2008, 10:58 AM
I would think if anything it would be the other way around. The jurists were so happy and entranced watching the beautiful hair that they felt more leniant and willing to acquit.

heidi w.
July 28th, 2008, 01:19 PM
I think its named dismissal due to merit of case.

heidi w.

DeepRiver
July 28th, 2008, 01:38 PM
I think that another question should be: If you are a LHC member and were on a jury, would YOU be so distracted that you wouldn't be able to concentrate on a trial??!!