PDA

View Full Version : Lost a shampoo!! pls help!!

vatikagirl
October 9th, 2011, 02:13 AM
Hi friends, I may sound a bit obsessed but i need to find a shampoo. I had tried Sunsilk shampoo, with ginseng & cactus, full & lively to the ends for breaking & falling weak hair, this was in year 2008 and i absolutely fell in love with it... i made my wavy limp hair into supple, volumious pantene commercial worthy hair... i dont know why but i never found a shampoo which did that for me.
My waves were in check, full of body, shine and silky hair like i never had before. Now the sunsilk guys have stopped making that product.. and im at my wits end.....
the ingredients of the product were as follows.

water
sodium laureth sulfate
cocamidopropyl betaine
sodium chloride
mix of perfumes
dimethiconol
tea-dodecylbenzenesulfonate
guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride
laureth-23
bht
formaldehyde
citric acid
sodium hydroxide
panax ginseng root extract
cereus grandilforus(cactus) flower extract

this combination of ingredients made my hair real lively and hence made me obsessed about it.
Now that they have discontinued this product my hair is suffering. Can anybody help me with this... has anybody tried this shampoo before and what were the results that they acheived?!! Also which shampoo did they used to acheive the similar results?!!
Please help me.... getting desperate...

Audhumla
October 9th, 2011, 04:19 AM
Formaldehyde? :/ yikes
Formaldehyde seems to have effects on hair that most people who try it appreciate but I would strongly suggest researching the potential health effects before seeking out cosmetics with formaldehyde in them. It's nasty stuff.

JessL
October 9th, 2011, 05:53 AM
Sometimes discontunued stuff turns up at places like Biglots or the dollar store.

vatikagirl
October 9th, 2011, 08:30 AM
thanks jessl... will surely try to find out there...

audhumla......... i know the cons of formaldehyde... but some how im ready to overlook on this one... this really made my hair supple and bouncy... full of moisture and health.... touching it was like soft moist silk... it was like dream come true...
but thanks for reminding me... :)

Audhumla
October 9th, 2011, 10:13 PM
audhumla......... i know the cons of formaldehyde... but some how im ready to overlook on this one... this really made my hair supple and bouncy... full of moisture and health.... touching it was like soft moist silk... it was like dream come true...
No worries. I have to say you're braver than me but as long as you're making an informed decision.

vatikagirl
October 10th, 2011, 12:14 AM
thanks audhumla... arent we crazy for what we want... lol ;)

Slinks
October 10th, 2011, 03:30 AM
thanks jessl... will surely try to find out there...

YIKES !!! the reason your hair feels so supple and bouncy... full of moisture and health.... touching it was like soft moist silk... is because of the formaldehyde .. this is what they use on poof "go up in flames" flanno PJ's, that feel so soft and warm .. but you say you're aware of it ..

angela123
October 10th, 2011, 07:15 AM
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dbeauty&field-keywords=sunsilk&x=0&y=0 maybe this might help!!!!!!! :)

vatikagirl
October 10th, 2011, 06:45 PM
thanks angela123... but its not in this one... thanks again...

mora
October 10th, 2011, 07:14 PM
If you really love that shampoo, could you try ordering it from here (http://www.taw9eel.com/sunsilk-ginseng-and-cactus-shampoo-400-ml.html?___store=default)? They might still have old stock of it if they are listing it on their website. I don't know how you'd deal with delivery unless you know someone in Kuwait or could beg the company to ship it to you if you buy out the rest of their stock.

As for other shampoos, maybe you could try one of the Brazilian blowout/keratin shampoos. I think formaldehyde is what produces the effects that some people like in the Brazilian blowout or keratin treatments so maybe one of the shampoos that are marketed that way will give you the effects you want.

vatikagirl
October 12th, 2011, 04:25 AM
oh my god mora... how did u find this one?!! thanks a tonn.... cant wait to order... thanks a ton again...
i dont want to go for that brazilian blowout thing coz i know it has tons of formaldehyde in it... whereas this shampoo is totally different.... somehow u have to use it to understand how it turns ur hair into healthy beauty...
again thanks thanks thanks.... just cant say enough thanks... by the way i reside in saudi arabia... so i guess its easy to ship it frm kuwait to saudi... :)