PDA

View Full Version : Alright...Call me obsessed!

Aimskylove
October 8th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Yes, I am obsessed with the fishtail (plait) braid! lol. I cannot wait to have hair this long to braid and look this neat! :) Lots of time and patience.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/aimesss/tumblr_lss31aNhTV1qihvh3o1_500.jpg

Lostsoule77
October 8th, 2011, 10:11 PM
That's beautiful, but I wouldn't want to be the one to do it. I love the look of fishtail braids, but they just take so long to do.

Amarante
October 8th, 2011, 10:14 PM
I love that it is the same thickness all the way down...
I can't wait till I have no taper! (Growing out layers)

Aimskylove
October 8th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Yes, I am also growing out layers and right now a fishtail looks messy on me. :/ It doesn't stay put very long at all lol.

ddiana1979
October 8th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Wow, that's gorgeous. I don't think I've ever seen one that neatly done.

SoulOfTheSea
October 8th, 2011, 10:21 PM
I love fishtail braids, too! But this picture will turn me obsessed! XD

Yozhik
October 8th, 2011, 10:39 PM
Very pretty!

Maybe I'll give it a try. :)

Herringbones are quite beautiful, but I rarely wear them because they require too much forethought in the morning. :p

battles
October 8th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Gorgeous braid! :thud:

morrigan*
October 9th, 2011, 01:13 AM
Wow, i wish i can do it on myself but i just can't, always camoe out the messy thing :D.

Loreley
October 9th, 2011, 01:13 AM
It looks fabulous! I wish my ends were that thick.

Sookie
October 9th, 2011, 01:39 AM
I love the fishtail braid too! I was wearing it for whole six months everyday hahaha ..i think i was kind of obsesed too :p I wish i had your length so it would look that pretty..

ssjhotau2
October 9th, 2011, 01:54 AM
That braid is so pretty- I love the fishtail braids- I have trouble doing one on myself- layers combined with general ineptitude :p I use to attempt them on my DSD when she had long hair, but my fingers would start to cramp up before I was even half way down her length.

freckles
October 9th, 2011, 04:21 AM
That's beautiful, but I wouldn't want to be the one to do it. I love the look of fishtail braids, but they just take so long to do.

I feel the same way. Fishtail braids used to be my very favourite, but since around waist length I've stopped doing them entirely. They take so, so long :(

Yozhik
October 16th, 2011, 07:30 PM
I did this braid last weekend and wore it to a local harvest festival. :)

Thanks for the idea -- it's a very pretty braid, although I have to say it takes quite a while, especially with hair longer than waist.

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz256/Yozhik87/Hair/DSC_0213.jpg

Sama
October 16th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Wowwww.:agape: I literally whispered aloud, "wowwwww," when I saw this picture! I tried my hand at a fishtail braid for the first time yesterday and after 2 tries, it was wearable but still nowhere near as gorgeous as that! And, beautiful work re-creating this style on your own hair, Yohzik!!

PixxieStix
October 16th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Gorgeous! I used to do the fishtail braids on my FH all the time when his hair was past waist, they took forever but they were sooooo pretty!

Yohzik, that is gorgeous! Could you tell me if you simply did two english braids that went in or are those perimeter (lace) braids? I can't wait until my hair is long enough to do it too! ^.^

Keildra
October 16th, 2011, 07:59 PM
I haven't really tried the fishtail yet and I'm already past waist, maybe I should go ahead and do it before my hair get too long to do it comfortably and quickly.

jasper
October 16th, 2011, 08:09 PM
My trouble with fishtail is that mine fuzzes out, but then I just wear the fuzzy braid because of all the time I invested. If I have a regular braid that goes fuzzy, I just spend a minute redoing it.

I really like the accent braid at the top of this one but I can't imagine how it gets worked in. Explanation, anyone?

Yozhik
October 16th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the compliments, Sama and Pixxiestix. :smooch:

Pixxie, they're actually just two accent braids braided in, not perimeter braids. They're simple, but amp up the look. :p

SilentGuardian
October 16th, 2011, 08:41 PM
That's so beautiful. I wish I could do that with my hair

allnight avenue
October 16th, 2011, 09:06 PM
I found that fishtail braids take a lot less time if instead of bringing in small strands from each to the middle, I bring in really big sections (a solid 25+% of the hair on either section). It doesn't look as lovely as the original photo or Yozhik's, but it's something different from a normal English braid.

thelittlestdoc
October 16th, 2011, 09:38 PM
That is so pretty! Can't wait to get to a length where my braids are long and gorgeous like that :cheese:

Polgarra
October 16th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Wow. Such a lovely braid