PDA

View Full Version : Seen today in the park: beautiful blunt hemline and fairytale ends side by side (pic)

PraiseCheeses
October 8th, 2011, 06:38 PM
While enjoying an ice cream cone in the park this afternoon, I saw this, and just had to get a picture.

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee403/praisecheeses/LHC/IMG00158-20111008-1648.jpg

I must say, I do prefer my weeping willows to have fairytale ends.

(Sorry everyone... I couldn't resist when I looked up and saw the illuminated tree with the blunt hemline! :lol:)

battles
October 8th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Hahah! I love it. :D

Juicematic
October 8th, 2011, 06:45 PM
:laugh:

I like the fairytale ends better too :p

AcornMystic
October 8th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Ahaha, that is too funny! Too bad they have to blunt them. I can see though that those people would probably get branches whipping them in the face while they're trying to enjoy their picnic and I guess I can see they would have an aesthetic "clean-cut" appeal that parks usually have.

I myself prefer fairy tale ends as well. Weeping willows are, in fact, my favourite tree for their drooping branches and fairly unique appearance. Second is the oak, if my username didn't give it away,:p though not entirely by choice, more symbolic circumstance.

spidermom
October 8th, 2011, 06:53 PM
I was thinking as I got into this thread "oh I hope somebody didn't take hair pictures without permission."

I like my WW trees with FT ends, too.

Noreth
October 8th, 2011, 06:57 PM
:lol: I like the fairytale ends better. Though with the blunt cut, the tree looks like a floating mountain! Or at least, I think it does. :p

Off topic, but that is one lovely park!

LittleB
October 8th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Super cute.
LHC on the brain!! :)

Nae
October 8th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Oh man. I used to have a weeping willow. I never thought to cut it like that. It sure would have made driving the riding mower under it less a threat to life and limb.

Although I do prefer the fairy tale ends look lol.

wooliswonderful
October 8th, 2011, 07:16 PM
My favorite kind of tree. :)

teal
October 8th, 2011, 07:21 PM
I was thinking as I got into this thread "oh I hope somebody didn't take hair pictures without permission."

Haha! Me too, to all of this. :)

MrsGuther
October 8th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Cool! Thats an awesome picture!

PixxieStix
October 8th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Super cool! Gorgeous picture, and the fairy tale ends looks much better!

misspurdy06
October 8th, 2011, 07:33 PM
I think both have there merits. I gotta say this is a very clever thread. I love it!

Yozhik
October 8th, 2011, 07:35 PM
:laugh: Great sighting!

mom2fourgirls
October 8th, 2011, 08:14 PM
like the blunt ends :)

PraiseCheeses
October 8th, 2011, 08:24 PM

I may have baited the title for those LHCers who come into threads thinking they're going to see trouble... :twisted: (I may be one of them myself... Maybe.)

:lol: I like the fairytale ends better. Though with the blunt cut, the tree looks like a floating mountain! Or at least, I think it does. :p

Off topic, but that is one lovely park!

I see the mountain! You're so right - thanks for pointing that out! :)

The park is Boston's Public Garden; it is beautiful. In a few weeks all the leaves will be turning colors. Can't wait!

My favorite kind of tree. :)

Isn't it funny how many of us love weeping willows? They're my favorite tree too. I guess they are the longhairs of the arboreal world, after all. :cool:

MaryRose
October 8th, 2011, 08:26 PM
I love Weeping Willows!! I prefer the fairy tail ends, they look beautiful.

hendricks82
October 8th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Fun and very creative!

I prefer the fairytail ends on the tree as well, but I like nice thick ends on my hair :-)

redmj
October 8th, 2011, 08:33 PM
And here I was thinking man I can't see the people are too small and far away duh. I can be such a ditz.

cuddledumplin
October 8th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Haha, that's not what I was expecting. (I love to state the obvious).

Teamouse
October 8th, 2011, 08:37 PM

Spidermom you always make me laugh! And I thought the exact same thing.

What a gorgeous park! And what lovely trees! I think we long hairs can't help but love willows. My favourite trees. Next to cherry trees. Maybe when I have hair like these trees at your park I will put cherry blossoms in it...

Lostsoule77
October 8th, 2011, 10:23 PM
Love this thread. I have to admit that I had the same thought as Spidermom.
I love weeping willows, though they are a bit down on my list. I have a tree and leaf thing. It's funny, but my DH calls them "whipping willows" unconsciously because as kids they'd whip each other with the branches. :)

darklion
October 9th, 2011, 12:16 AM
haha. I was so confused at first. Thinking that I was supposed to look at the itty bitty people and see what kind of hemline they had.
It all made sense when I finally READ what the OP SAID!!
I like the fairytale ends one best too.

Jeno86
October 9th, 2011, 12:18 AM
This made me smile ^_^ Thank you for this. I really needed it.

KattSmith
October 9th, 2011, 12:54 AM
Pretty ... I used to love playing in the Weeping Willows when I was little ... my mom could never find me.

leslissocool
October 9th, 2011, 01:52 AM
My favorite type of tree type, and I like it better with the FT too... that picture though is GORGEOUS!

Although I gotta say I love any weeping tree, like weeping cherry. One day I will have one on my garden :crush:

milagro
October 9th, 2011, 02:35 AM
You got me! :lol: Nice picture, too.

morrigan*
October 9th, 2011, 04:51 AM
Got me to. I have a weeping willow, has a fairy tale ends ;)

arielįgua
October 9th, 2011, 05:05 AM
Ok this is way too cute!
I love trees! Never thought of them as hair, though!
This is very good, so funny. xD

Bazinga
October 9th, 2011, 05:21 AM
[QUOTE=spidermom;1814302]I was thinking as I got into this thread "oh I hope somebody didn't take hair pictures without permission."/QUOTE]

That was just what I thought at first. :) This is a very beautiful park, I wouldn't have thought of hair though. I like the way your mind works.

AcornMystic
October 9th, 2011, 05:36 AM

Haha, yup. That is what I thought when I first read the title and upon coming in. However, right when the picture loaded I needed no more. Right away it was in my face, because that tree stuck out like a sore thumb, as I have never seen a willow like that before. All the ones I've seen are natural.

Mannaz
October 9th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Hahaha! It took me half a second before I got it.. *ahem* This is not one of my brightest days but oh well... It's sunday.

Willows are so beautiful, though here in Finland not so majestic as the ones in the picture.

Rosetta
October 9th, 2011, 06:04 AM
^ Yeah, never seen ones so big IRL ;)

And yes, for *trees* fairytale ends may look much better, but on humans I greatly prefer blunt ones :)

Velvet Dreamer
October 9th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Haha, I was also hoping you hadn't just snapped photos of random people.
I'll agree- the fairytale ends are much better.

dementedkitten
October 9th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Brilliant .. totally got me! :) I love Willows too.

vanamo
October 9th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Beautiful picture!

What a nice place to eat ice cream.

When I read the title, I thought of a very weird hir style :)

einna
October 9th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Haha, very good :D

xoxophelia
October 9th, 2011, 04:21 PM
LOL I wasn't expecting this! :D

Chetanlaiho
October 9th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Haha that's brilliant! xD

arc691
October 9th, 2011, 07:33 PM
http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/terryandjody/More%20More%20Smilies/MONKEY11.gif

thelittlestdoc
October 9th, 2011, 08:58 PM
You know you're an LHCer when...you see long hair in the trees :cheese: Love this, so cute!