PDA

View Full Version : Ever happened to you?

GabrielleRose
October 8th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Here's my story. I've been a product junkie for so long and I'm not going to lie, I've hated every minute of it! There I always was buying product after product after product trying to find "the one", but to no avail because I was just never satisfied. Until an old friend turned me on to Aussie Moist. I had used Aussie years ago, but that was before my hair got thin from when I was bulimic. I used to have thick, voluminous hair like an afro which I LOVED but sadly I wrecked all that. :( Now my hair is thinner and at times still has it's body. But anyway, I used to use the Aussie Sydney Smooth which worked wonders on my hair. I still don't know why I ever gave it up. Moving on, as I said my friend got me hooked on the moist selection and I used it for many months, but then I jumped on the bandwagon of going organic which worked but I never really loved my hair with those types of products. So, I moved on from those and almost bought all the drugstore products out there along with expensive stuff that never worked. So, last night I finally decided Aussie moist is the one for me and I am sticking with it. Also when I used it before my boyfriend always commented how nice my hair looked with it, it brought out my natural blonde which made many people ask me if I colored my hair, and when I would go in for a trim the stylist would always tell me that my hair was quite healthy except dry ends (my fault for not keeping up with trims). Those reasons alone just made me decide it was finally time to make the switch back. Hopefully this decision will banish the product junkie in me away.

So, has this happened to anyone else besides myself? If so, what product is the "one" for you?

katienoonan
October 8th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Wowee! I hope you are recovering from your poorly spell... I had anorexia for over a year and it was the hardest thing I have ever had to conquer.. :grouphug:

I used pantene repair and protect for a long time... then switched to many different brands... I think I had a build up of silcones though, because I bought the pantene range a few months ago, diluted the shampoo and my hair was absolutey beautiful and soft afterwards... now I dilute-washevery time with the same results.. every time !

GabrielleRose
October 8th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Wowee! I hope you are recovering from your poorly spell... I had anorexia for over a year and it was the hardest thing I have ever had to conquer.. :grouphug:

I used pantene repair and protect for a long time... then switched to many different brands... I think I had a build up of silcones though, because I bought the pantene range a few months ago, diluted the shampoo and my hair was absolutey beautiful and soft afterwards... now I dilute-washevery time with the same results.. every time !

I had the bulimia almost 5 years ago so I am recovering well. Too bad I gained all the weight plus more from medication yuck! But I'm slowly getting to healthier weight. I am so glad you were able to conquer anorexia. :D I hope you never think of going anorexic again because you're BEAUTIFUL!!!

I'm glad you found something that works for you, but Aussie testing on animals is what's killing me! I really want to stick with it because I love the results, but I seriously don't feel like animals should suffer for me to feel beautiful. Hopefully I can find something cruelty free that works just as well.

TitaniaOfFairys
October 8th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Here's my story. I've been a product junkie for so long and I'm not going to lie, I've hated every minute of it! There I always was buying product after product after product trying to find "the one", but to no avail because I was just never satisfied. Until an old friend turned me on to Aussie Moist. I had used Aussie years ago, but that was before my hair got thin from when I was bulimic. I used to have thick, voluminous hair like an afro which I LOVED but sadly I wrecked all that. :( Now my hair is thinner and at times still has it's body. But anyway, I used to use the Aussie Sydney Smooth which worked wonders on my hair. I still don't know why I ever gave it up. Moving on, as I said my friend got me hooked on the moist selection and I used it for many months, but then I jumped on the bandwagon of going organic which worked but I never really loved my hair with those types of products. So, I moved on from those and almost bought all the drugstore products out there along with expensive stuff that never worked. So, last night I finally decided Aussie moist is the one for me and I am sticking with it. Also when I used it before my boyfriend always commented how nice my hair looked with it, it brought out my natural blonde which made many people ask me if I colored my hair, and when I would go in for a trim the stylist would always tell me that my hair was quite healthy except dry ends (my fault for not keeping up with trims). Those reasons alone just made me decide it was finally time to make the switch back. Hopefully this decision will banish the product junkie in me away.

So, has this happened to anyone else besides myself? If so, what product is the "one" for you?

Same here. I've tried a lot of organic products, really a lot of, every Faith in Nature conditioners (and there is almost 10 different ones) and Lavera, Logona, Weleda, and many others - I mixed them with each other, mixed with oils, but something was always missing. They were good, but how to describe, to "light" for my hair (however I like to use organic conditioners as a leave-in).

I've tried cheap drugstore products, none of them ever worked, and tried expensive salon brands too. I even bought products via eBay which are not available in my country.

Then I went back to my long time favourite, Joico Daily Moisturizer and Cuticle Sealer. There's a Joico shop here, but they have stopped selling these two products a few years ago, so I have to buy them on eBay. I've used these for a long time before I thought I need to try something different, but it was a mistake.
It's clear that Joico is the best for me, expecially their cone-free products.

GabrielleRose
October 8th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Same here. I've tried a lot of organic products, really a lot of, every Faith in Nature conditioners (and there is almost 10 different ones) and Lavera, Logona, Weleda, and many others - I mixed them with each other, mixed with oils, but something was always missing. They were good, but how to describe, to "light" for my hair (however I like to use organic conditioners as a leave-in).

I've tried cheap drugstore products, none of them ever worked, and tried expensive salon brands too. I even bought products via eBay which are not available in my country.

Then I went back to my long time favourite, Joico Daily Moisturizer and Cuticle Sealer. There's a Joico shop here, but they have stopped selling these two products a few years ago, so I have to buy them on eBay. I've used these for a long time before I thought I need to try something different, but it was a mistake.
It's clear that Joico is the best for me, expecially their cone-free products.

I'm glad you found the "one" that truly works with your hair, but that really stinks that you have to buy it on eBay since they discontinued it. :(

I've tried Joico before, it was the the k-pak system but is just wasn't for me since I don't have severely damaged hair just split ends.

kaned_ferret
October 8th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Aussie testing on animals is what's killing me! I really want to stick with it because I love the results, but I seriously don't feel like animals should suffer for me to feel beautiful. Hopefully I can find something cruelty free that works just as well.

Try some of Naked's haircare range if you can find it - for me the life changing product is their smooth jojoba conditioner for long hair (even though it's targeted for long straighthairs, I'm a fairly short wavy wurly and it's still magic!) - it's thick and heavy, amazing for CO washing, and 97% natural as well as not being tested on animals :)

lastnite
October 8th, 2011, 06:23 PM
I'm probably really weird with this one... but I'm afraid of getting attached to any one product since companies always change up their formulas and discontinue products and bring out new ones. I used to like the very first Herbal Essences line but that has been long gone for many years now. I used to also like the gold capped Pantene and that's been discontinued for many years as well.

so, right now, I have to say I really love going into the natural products. henna, coconut oil, herbs....my hair seems to be better with them, and it's not like they can ever really discontinue or change up the formula of herbs and oils!

spidermom
October 8th, 2011, 07:14 PM
I think I'm just the opposite - a product minimalist. Even if I don't like something, I force myself to use it all. Right now I have Shikai shampoo, and I didn't like how it was making my hair feel, but I've found that a very diluted vinegar rinse makes my hair feel a lot better, so now I can use the shampoo. I won't buy it again, but I'm definitely not going to drop it like a hot potato and go find a different shampoo. Scrooge must be somewhere deep inside me.

LittleB
October 8th, 2011, 08:59 PM
It's a 10! Leave In Miracle Product is pretty amazing.
BUT--it's $30. So it was a one time luxury.

Sometimes I think less is more. I've never tried Aussie Moist. I've heard it's good, tho.

GabrielleRose
October 8th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Try some of Naked's haircare range if you can find it - for me the life changing product is their smooth jojoba conditioner for long hair (even though it's targeted for long straighthairs, I'm a fairly short wavy wurly and it's still magic!) - it's thick and heavy, amazing for CO washing, and 97% natural as well as not being tested on animals :)

Is this a UK brand, cause I looked it up and saw it was a UK brand. Would I still be able to order even though I'm from the US?

Thank you for the info on them by the way. They sound tempting!

I'm probably really weird with this one... but I'm afraid of getting attached to any one product since companies always change up their formulas and discontinue products and bring out new ones. I used to like the very first Herbal Essences line but that has been long gone for many years now. I used to also like the gold capped Pantene and that's been discontinued for many years as well.

so, right now, I have to say I really love going into the natural products. henna, coconut oil, herbs....my hair seems to be better with them, and it's not like they can ever really discontinue or change up the formula of herbs and oils!

You are definitely not weird because I totally freak out about getting attached to a product for that same reason! I loved the old Herbal Essences as well, you know the one with rose hips. :cloud9: I also loved the old Pantene, especially the original blonde expressions!

You are definitely right, they can not change up herbs nor oils. May I ask, do you mix up your own herbal concoctions?

I think I'm just the opposite - a product minimalist. Even if I don't like something, I force myself to use it all. Right now I have Shikai shampoo, and I didn't like how it was making my hair feel, but I've found that a very diluted vinegar rinse makes my hair feel a lot better, so now I can use the shampoo. I won't buy it again, but I'm definitely not going to drop it like a hot potato and go find a different shampoo. Scrooge must be somewhere deep inside me.

I definitely envy you on being a product minimalist. ;) I try to force myself to use it, but if it makes me itchy, gives me a rash, or pimples on my neckline it's a definite no go for me! Thankfully I have a huge family so I can pass on products to them.

It's a 10! Leave In Miracle Product is pretty amazing.
BUT--it's $30. So it was a one time luxury.

Sometimes I think less is more. I've never tried Aussie Moist. I've heard it's good, tho.

I've seen that product and was interested in it for a while but the price stops me, especially since I'm a student and jobless... :(

GabrielleRose
October 8th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Spoke too soon... Got the crazy itchies from Aussie moist, but it's good for me now since I won't be using it any more feeling guilty yay! But I am still guilty of buying it, but I won't be re-purchasing it ever again!

AnqeIicDemise
October 8th, 2011, 11:31 PM

Oh, my long lost sister! I'm the same way. I have bottles of shampoo that didn't work out sitting my cabinet waiting to be used on the day that I run out of it! (Which lo and behold was last week. Made me cranky as I hate these things but they cost a good penny, so HAH!)