PDA

View Full Version : Buying oils online?

Dreah
October 7th, 2011, 06:54 PM
So I'm finally fed up with trying to find coconut oil and clear aloe vera gel around here, and decided to try my luck online. But I need site suggestions! Preferably somewhere I can buy coconut oil, aloe vera gel, and possibly browse through some other oils I might want to try. And also not something super expensive?

Any suggestions? I tried searching and flipping through the first few pages, but I couldn't find much. :(

Cainwen
October 7th, 2011, 07:00 PM
I'd try the almighty amazon.com. They even list coconut oil in "Beauty"

ravenreed
October 7th, 2011, 07:00 PM
I ordered several oils from TKB Trading. They have great prices, but there is a minimum order of $20 iirc.

Dreah
October 7th, 2011, 07:08 PM
I keep forgetting Amazon is more than just books and movies. /facepalm. Thanks, I'll check out both sites!

naturegirl321
October 7th, 2011, 07:36 PM
mountainroseherbs.com is where I get mine

Lianna
October 7th, 2011, 09:18 PM
I've used eBay with sucess, and the shipping is less expensive for me than Amazon.

Libbylou
October 8th, 2011, 02:00 AM
You couldn't find these at Walmart? I know all the vitamin online stores carry some you could google it. Also try to google free shipping codes. Shipping rates are expensive.

Modarunner
October 8th, 2011, 02:39 AM
I recommend Camdengrey.com, the have a great selection and awesome prices. It's a $20 min though, so I recommend getting a bunch of different things you've been wanting to try all at the same time. They'll definitely have coconut oil and many other carrier oils and eo's.

Dreah
October 8th, 2011, 09:15 AM
I don't have a Super Walmart close by, and I've scoured the one we do have nearby for coconut oil and pure aloe vera gel, several times. They only have the gel with the lidocaine in it, and no coconut oil in sight. The workers I've asked didn't even know what it was. lol.

pinchbeck
October 8th, 2011, 09:40 AM
You may already know this, but coconut oil is readily available at east Indian stores and Halal (Arab) stores. It frustrates me that I can't buy it at my local grocery stores especially when coconut oil is getting great reviews on its health benefits when used in cooking.

Organic coconut oil is available at my local health food stores and costs $15 per tub , so I buy the refined stuff in a 500ml/17oz tub for $5 instead. Darn...am I cheap. lol

I can't suggest any online sites since they all been posted here!

Neecola
October 8th, 2011, 09:55 AM
camdengrey.com is nice wholesalesupplies.com has awesome prices and free shipping (U.S.) and I also love swansonsvitamins.com--great price on their brand organic EVCO.

ravenreed
October 8th, 2011, 10:50 AM
My local Walmart carries the regular aloe vera gel.

rock007junkie
October 12th, 2011, 12:54 PM
I use Iherb.com. They have a huge variety of oils and other hair things and they are usually pretty fast with the shipping.