PDA

View Full Version : Tiny buns

uptosomeone
October 7th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Hair. I'm definitely talking about hair. :D

I was thinking today as I put my hair up that I'm actually really happy that I have thin hair because it means that I have a small bun when I put it up.

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z338/uptosomeone/bun.png

Mine are always untidy...maybe that's why I like them. :p Are there any other "tiny bun" lovers out there??

Rocket22
October 7th, 2011, 11:49 AM
That is so cute! I too have a tiny bun. But as it's grown out I can kind of fake a decent one. Also have you tried to use the sock bun method. Really does help people like us with fine hair look like we at least have something up there. :)

racrane
October 7th, 2011, 11:52 AM
I like small buns, too; they look nicer on me for some reason.

uptosomeone
October 7th, 2011, 12:07 PM
No I haven't, I should go try it sometime...I'm game for a bun with volume:eyebrows:

racrane--I agree, small buns just tend to look better on me. I wonder why it is though? Maybe because we've never known anything else?

jacqueline101
October 9th, 2011, 06:55 AM
How cute? I like your tiny bun. I would never thought of it.

kdaniels8811
October 9th, 2011, 06:59 AM
I have a tiny but but it is because my hair is barely shoulder length. When it grows out a bit, a sock bun will be my go to bun, they are great!

CastaDiva
October 9th, 2011, 07:00 AM
A bun is a bun, no matter the size, and yours is really cute:)

Toiréasa
October 9th, 2011, 07:18 AM
I have a small bun too,I'm at BSL but have very fine hair I can kind of spead it out and make it look like more but in the end its still small amd quite messy because of my layers that are growing out.

hendricks82
October 9th, 2011, 07:46 AM
I am totally a card carrying member of this club :-)

I can make mine look bigger by doing multistrand buns, but it still pretty tiny. I secretly covet the huge buns of the thick classic ladies... and the full swirlyupdos.... ahhhh

Alas I am a i and that is okay. There will be more and more fun things I can do with my hair as it grows.

teal
October 9th, 2011, 09:41 AM
A bun is a bun, no matter the size, and yours is really cute:)

Haha! :D Sounds like Dr. Zeuss!

Do you like them on your head?
Do you like them in your bed?
Do you wear them on the go?
Do you like them high or low?

Do you use a nice hairstick?
I think one would do the trick!
Do you wear one, two or three?
Will you try when your hair's knee?

:cheese:

Yozhik
October 9th, 2011, 10:02 AM
^^ Now that is a really cute rhyme. :thumbsup:

Chetanlaiho
October 9th, 2011, 06:01 PM
My buns get quite tiny too, though I often spread them out so they're more flat-ish. My head is fairly large so unfortunately small buns make that even worse :/

Slinks
October 9th, 2011, 08:11 PM
my hair is waist in length and thin, I get very tiny buns .. as mentioned that in the "go ahead, burst my bubble" thread ..

gypsymoth
October 9th, 2011, 08:16 PM
I have a small bun!
I think my head is too big/weirdly shaped for small buns to look good on me :( Sock buns are a help though!

shawty
October 9th, 2011, 08:20 PM
My bun is tiny right now because my hair is short - just past shoulder. It's pretty cute, I think. =)

lacefrost
October 9th, 2011, 08:28 PM
This whole thread is super cute.

battles
October 9th, 2011, 09:33 PM
I think they're so cute! I can't even get mine into a real bun yet because of the length plus layers.

Rebeccalaurenxx
October 9th, 2011, 09:41 PM
The messier I make my bun look, the fuller it seems to look :-)

hendricks82
October 9th, 2011, 09:58 PM
The messier I make my bun look, the fuller it seems to look :-)

Messy buns fatten mine up too. My favorite updo lately is three small loose buns on one side of the head. All smashed together so they look like one big messy bun. Insert flower and done! I do like to do some bun or sock curls for that one though... so some foresight is a must

Alex Lou
October 9th, 2011, 10:55 PM
I always admire small messy buns. Messy on me looks like a poofy mess!

allnight avenue
October 9th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Very cute. It gives a Gibson-like effect, I find, without even really trying.

uptosomeone
October 11th, 2011, 01:55 AM
:D I'm happy there're so many small bun loving people out there! I agree, a bun is a bun...they're all quite pretty. Small buns just don't get enough love though.

...I still can't get my mind out of the gutter here. HELP